PDA

View Full Version : Male Breast Cancer Anxiety

Angler88
25-04-20, 16:08
Hi all
So after a good couple of years with little to no Health Anxiety it's decided to show it's horrible self up again.

So in December, I don't recall how I came across it but I found a small lump at the top of my areola, the lump is directly under a Montgomery gland which I know is completely normal. The lump I can put between finger and thumb, it's hard so it got me panicking alot. I decided to go to the doctor's and was seen by a lovely lady go who completed a full examination on both sides and couldn't feel anything. I had to show her and she didn't say much and said they can sometimes feel like that and wasn't overly concerned. After that I was fine and didn't think about it until March when I started playing about with it again so I called the GP again and was asked to go in and she referred me to the breast clinic. She had a quick feel and said she wasn't concerned but process to be followed is the clinic. The "urgent" letter came through which had the C word on it and I then had the biggest anxiety attack I've ever had. The appointment was the following week, I attended and was seen by a consultant surgeon, I said I have HA hence why I'm so worked up and she said show me this problem. I showed her and she had a touch and a prod and said there is nothing wrong with you. You can go. So I was like oh right okay and went on my way. I received a letter from her a week later saying no rash or anything present and I'm being discharged from the clinic. Usually this would have calmed my anxiety right off but it didn't. Maybe if I had an ultrasound or something or even if she told me what it actually was would of made a difference. Still unsettled I called my GP and told him my anxiety is through the roof. He said that they don't mess around in them settings, if they suspected anything they would of scanned you etc. He has now set me up for some CBT and councilling to help me through this. It's odd as my health anxiety is purely around cancer and nothing else. Earlier I was thinking do I go to A&E maybe they will tell me what it is and scan it? I decided not to so thought I'd put my thoughts on here. Has anyone else been like this too? Last night I was in bed thinking what if it's spreads or they have wrongly diagnosed it. Got myself into a right state I did. Sorry for the long post but thought it's better to let it all out and talk about it.

Thanks for reading