PDA

View Full Version : Please help

pb
25-04-20, 17:59
I've had some diahorrea today and also left side pain
Feel really sick was due to have colonoscopy in Feb but cancelled.
Had ecg at hospital on Thursday.
I feel so I'll, I think I'm going to die.
Think it might be diviculitis.
Do not have a temperature.

nomorepanic
25-04-20, 18:13
Why do you think is diverticulitis and not just a bug or food poisoning.

You are not going to die - that is you just overreacting.

pb
25-04-20, 18:15
Its because of the pain in my left side.

nomorepanic
25-04-20, 18:15
I never get pain in my side with it

pb
25-04-20, 18:21
I do need to get a grip.
I have had left sides pain loads of times but not with nausea and diarrhoea.
I just have to stay put and maybe call gp on monday if it's not better.
This serves me right for cancelling colonoscopy.

nomorepanic
25-04-20, 18:35
Well yeah you should have gone ahead with it but too late to think about that now.

Drink plenty of water

pb
25-04-20, 19:04
Will do , thank you

pb
25-04-20, 20:07
Could upset stomach be the start of coronavirus

BlueIris
25-04-20, 20:12
Sometimes stomach upsets just happen.

pb
25-04-20, 20:26
I'm trying to be rational. I had ecg at hospital on thursday , but was very careful and there was only about 8 other people.
Just so scared I'm going to make my elderly parents ill.

Fishmanpa
25-04-20, 20:38
I had diverticulitis. I ended up in the ER. Even mild cases are absolutely miserable. You wouldn't be here seeking reassurance if it were that bad I assure you!

Positive thoughts

katniss
26-04-20, 03:45
I have had upset stomach due to anxiety. When you are anxious and fearful your body responds with lots of adrenaline and different parts of your body start reacting. Your digestive system can start going haywire and causing diarrhea and nausea. I personally get lots of acidity and nausea due to anxiety. My sister on the other hand gets diarrhea. My best friend used to have terrible diarrhea before exams..

pb
26-04-20, 07:04
Thank you, I’m hoping this is a bug. My left side stomach is still tender.

pb
28-04-20, 12:30
I just cant control my anxiety.
Diahorrea has stopped, but I've still got pain in left side and feel abit sick.
Still worried its diviculitis, no temperature.

nomorepanic
28-04-20, 12:50
It is called diverticulitis and the only way to diagnose it is with a colonoscopy. If you aren't any better then you will have to call your doctor for advice.

pulisa
28-04-20, 13:36
I take it the chest pain has gone?

pulisa
28-04-20, 13:37
I just cant control my anxiety.
Diahorrea has stopped, but I've still got pain in left side and feel abit sick.
Still worried its diviculitis, no temperature.

Or could it be your IBS playing up?

nomorepanic
28-04-20, 13:48
Oh I didn't know you had IBS - most probably that then and the doctor should be able to give you something for it.

pb
28-04-20, 14:09
Thank you Nicola, I know I'm jumping from one symptom to another. My anxiety is so bad at the moment.

pulisa
28-04-20, 17:55
So it makes sense that you are having an IBS flare.

pb
29-04-20, 13:44
Spoke to gp. She said would need tests to diagnose diverticulitis, but has prescribed antibiotics because of left sided pain.
She said could be diverticulitis or a stomach bug.
Will have a ct scan , but not sure when.

pulisa
29-04-20, 14:26
Diverticulitis or diverticulosis?

Another test? This time with the radiation element...

pb
29-04-20, 14:29
Diverticulitis

nomorepanic
29-04-20, 14:35
This explains it quite well:

Diverticular disease and diverticulitis are related digestive conditions that affect the large intestine (bowel).

Diverticula are small bulges or pockets that can develop in the lining of the intestine as you get older.

Most people with diverticula do not get any symptoms and only know they have them after having a scan for another reason.

When there are no symptoms, it is called diverticulosis.

When diverticula cause symptoms, such as pain in the lower tummy, it's called diverticular disease.

If the diverticula become inflamed or infected, causing more severe symptoms, it's called diverticulitis.

pb
30-04-20, 11:11
Antibiotics are making me feel really sick.
Dr due to call tomorrow.
This is a nightmare.
Also lost about 7 lbs in a week.

pb
30-04-20, 16:07
Scared that when gp calls tomorrow, she will send me to hospital as still have the pain.

nomorepanic
30-04-20, 16:20
Very unlikely

pb
30-04-20, 16:29
I hope not, pain is not bad just nagging

nomorepanic
30-04-20, 16:46
Yeah I get that pain with IBS sometimes.

I don't understand why they gave you antibiotics though.

pb
30-04-20, 16:50
Yeah I get that pain with IBS sometimes.

I don't understand why they gave you antibiotics though.
To treat the diverculitis that I may or may not have.
I think there just making me feel sick.
She did say on Wednesday that I could have a blood test to look for infection; but I was worried about going out due to elderly parents.
I will ask about blood test tomorrow.

Fishmanpa
30-04-20, 17:53

I was on two very strong antibiotics for two weeks after my diverticulitis attack. It was a good month before things returned to normal after that. I'm afraid its part of the territory, but especially so when feeding the dragon during times like these. I don't doubt you're having symptoms, I just doubt the severity as at least for me, I was as sick as a dog!

Positive thoughts

pb
30-04-20, 18:04
I was on two very strong antibiotics for two weeks after my diverticulitis attack. It was a good month before things returned to normal after that. I'm afraid its part of the territory, but especially so when feeding the dragon during times like these. I don't doubt you're having symptoms, I just doubt the severity as at least for me, I was as sick as a dog!

Positive thoughts
Yes , even with my extreme anxiety, I’m beginning to think this may be ibs made worse with a stomach bug.

Fishmanpa
30-04-20, 18:21
Yes , if with my extreme anxiety, I’m beginning to think this may be ibs made worse with a stomach bug.

Like I said 4 days ago, I had ALL the symptoms, very sharp, very painful (like double over pain) stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen, chills, nausea, low grade fever which progressed to vomiting and liquid poo! I literally had to crawl to the bathroom! I was in the ER the next day it was so bad and had to have someone drive me because I was too sick to drive myself. As I said, if you were really having a bad attack, you wouldn't be posting about it (especially for 4 days) I assure you! IBS + a possible stomach but + extreme anxiety and here you are.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
30-04-20, 19:40
I think there just making me feel sick.
She did say on Wednesday that I could have a blood test to look for infection; but I was worried about going out due to elderly parents.
I will ask about blood test tomorrow.

Does this doctor know about your HA? Left sided pain is really common with IBS.

pulisa
30-04-20, 19:42
Like I said 4 days ago, I had ALL the symptoms, very sharp, very painful (like double over pain) stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen, chills, nausea, low grade fever which progressed to vomiting and liquid poo! I literally had to crawl to the bathroom! I was in the ER the next day it was so bad and had to have someone drive me because I was too sick to drive myself. As I said, if you were really having a bad attack, you wouldn't be posting about it (especially for 4 days) I assure you! IBS + a possible stomach but + extreme anxiety and here you are.

Positive thoughts

Plus antibiotics and IBS are a very dodgy combo..

Fishmanpa
30-04-20, 20:26
Plus antibiotics and IBS are a very dodgy combo..

Absolutely! Based on my habits, I'm sure I have a touch combined with permanent side effects from cancer treatment (the new normal). My stomach and bowels were a mess for a good month or so after the meds before it returned to my "new normal".

Look, there can be and are mild cases. The treatment is the same but the bottom line is treatment, while it will cure the issue, can also cause you several weeks of feeling like shite.... literally!

Positive thoughts