PDA

View Full Version : New relationship

elik
26-04-20, 15:36
Hello,

I was dating someone for about ten weeks (including lock down - so six/seven weeks of seeing them) - I broke things off about a week ago due to not being sure how I feel about them, freaking out that he likes me a lot and feeling for once that I am not the more keen one. This left me feeling pressured (social anxiety) and I over thought everything, constantly going back and forth over whether I like him or not. I miss him so much, he was perfect for me in how he was. My anxiety levels are sky high and I cannot work our what I should do - I would be so happy to go forward with him, particularly as last night I told him how my mind works. I want to be able to let go and just see how it pans out without my mind feeding me 24/7 worries and concerns and why do I not feel this now and why am I this that etc!? I am going to leave it for a bit but I really hope I get clarification that I want to pursue things. I just don’t trust myself not to freak out again or have the chatter in my mind overcrowd my true emotions??? I cried for three hours last night about it and every time I hear him saying things I want to cry and I just want to see him so surely I must like him? Why do I keep telling myself not to invest?? Please pass on any advise you might have. I’m determined to keep him as a friend if not but I truly want him to be something more than that but just don’t know what my heart or gut is saying when my head is everywhere.

Thank you so much and I’m sorry for the drivel.

I hope you are all staying safe in these times.

Ellie xxx