PDA

View Full Version : Mole worry

pav1984
26-04-20, 18:33
Hi guys I am obsessed with a mole that I have had for at least 1 and half years that I know of, could be longer. It looks strange to me however my wife says it is normal. I would usually go to the doc but given the current situation it is difficult especially as my wife says she thinks it normal. Am I right in saying that if it hasnt changed in all the time I have noticed it that I am just being anxious? Worth noting that doc looked at another mole near to it around a year ago and I imagine would have seen it.

I seem to be worrying more than ever since lockdown but strangely not about Coronavirus.

BrokenGirl
27-04-20, 00:11
I seem to be worrying more than ever since lockdown but strangely not about Coronavirus.

I can so relate to that line - my HA has also snowballed in the last few weeks but for some strange reason I don't seem to be worrying about Coronavirus. I think the fact that we can't just go running to the doctor for every little worry is certainly playing a bit part in it for me!

But getting back to your mole worries, I really don't think you have anything to be concerned about. The fact that your wife says it looks normal is good - it's always comforting to get someone else's opinion.
You say it hasn't changed in a year and a half - anything sinister would be changing and growing all the time.
And yes, your doctor would have seen that mole when he looked at the other one, and if he had any suspicions that there might be something wrong, he would have said so.

You know your anxiety is high at the moment and this is exactly how anxiety presents itself, by making you worry about something and telling you there is a danger with it. I think on some level you know that this mole is fine - try to listen to the voice of reason (and your wife and doctor too) and not to your anxiety.

pav1984
27-04-20, 11:05
You are right I am generally anxious and I think I am looking for a reason at some sub conscious level. Thanks for the voice of sanity.

I'm worried that if I start listening to my wife she may think something is wrong 😂

I am trying not to irritate my wife too much. I know I must be a pain to live with so try to make lockdown as easy as possible for her by not speaking too much about my worries.

Thanks again for your advice

MRS STRESS ED
27-04-20, 19:34
Oh l can totally relate to you l have had heart attack and skin cancer this weekend my anxiety hit a all time high this weekend I'm trying to think more rational today l am sure what's going on in the world isn't helping us anxiety sufferers I'm sure you're going to be fine but when you can get it checked peace of mind xx

best wishes

Cptdebbie
27-04-20, 22:10
This is totally me too! My therapist says that health anxiety is my dysfunctional way of coping with worries. Sigh!!!!

I literally have hundreds of moles. Ive had them mapped to keep track of them. If your mole hasn’t changed, I’m sure it’s fine.

I hope we all feel better soon.

Hugs :bighug1:

pav1984
28-04-20, 13:44
Cheers guys I really appreciate your help.