PDA

View Full Version : Worried about daughters health

Brunamateus
27-04-20, 03:23
Hy guys, lately my biggest worry has been my 2 year old daughter, I recently had a feel accidentely of her lymph nodes on her neck, the look bigger than what they should be for someone her age, but again, I never felt toddlers lymph nodes before, they are almost the size as mine, they are very movable and they aren't warm to touch, this should mean everything's fine right? Am I overreacting? I'm really concerned

katniss
27-04-20, 04:20
Aww! I absolutely feel your pain. I feel that my anxiety about my children is worse than the anxiety about my own health.

Regarding lymph nodes - they’re normal! I felt a big lymph node on my sons neck as well as lower head and neck area. Both were checked out by doc and considered normal. You can also have it checked out if you are worried, however, kids generally have big lymph nodes due to common virals.

Deepseathree
29-04-20, 07:15
Children’s lymph nodes at that age can swell due to almost anything and can stay swollen for months. My child’s will swell or her scratching her head. They can swell from allergies, or dry skin. Bring it up to the pediatrician at her next appointment for reassurance though for yourself.