PDA

View Full Version : I messed up at medical appointment

HopeI'mWrong:P
27-04-20, 05:42
I had an appointment for some blood tests (not covid related). I wore a mask to the appointment. I sanitised my hands when I arrived and when I left (and washed my hands again when I got home). What I didn't do, very stupidly, was wash/ sanitise the arm that the nurse had touched. I wore a t-shirt when I got home and I had showered in the morning, therefore I didn't shower again until the next day. Im now worried that I have touched my face with my arm, or my arm then my face. I hugged my son, and I'm worried that I would have passed it on to him.

I know the nurse would have been careful and most likely changed her gloves, but still she comes into close contact with lots of people and it only takes one small mistake. I also heard someone cough (like a very dry cough) from the waiting room -I really hope it wasn't her. I feel like such an idiot as I'm usually so careful about these things.

On top of all of this, the reason I had the blood tests is because I've been feeling really unwell lately, so I'm concerned that I have an underlying health conditions that would put me more at risk of getting seriously ill. Can't believe how stupid I've been.

Panicattacka
27-04-20, 06:56
I had a very similar experience yesterday at my GP's office, which I had to visit to get a statin refill and BP/pulse check up. We all wore masks of course, but when the nurse took my blood pressure using the velcro sleeve and put that monitor thingy on the end of my finger, I thought it must be unclean. So I raced home, washed my hands, thought I was safe and then realised later in the day I hadn't actually washed my arm...

HopeI'mWrong:P
27-04-20, 08:16
It is such a scary time. Up until now I've not actually been too bad in terms of coronavirus anxiety, but that's mainly because I haven't been out much. I just spoke to my boyfriend about this event. He tried to reassure me that the nurse would have tried to keep things as clean as possible to begin with, and that it's likely she changed her gloves and so didn't have the virus on her hands. Hopefully we'll both be fine.