PDA

View Full Version : anyone.

fruity
27-04-20, 13:06
ive sufferd ha for 12yrs. but last year I was diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases. [I can still lead a normal life so not really threatening] I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes insulin dependent. common variable immune deficency which im doing immune therapy infusions once a week at home for life. and heamolytic anaemia which im on steroids but soon could be doing rituximab infusions. all this as had a massive inpact on my life and of course my anxiety. I have been really bad with my nerves. and to be honest nothing takes my mind off things. because more than ever I keep fearing the worst. as anyone got or been diagnosed with one or all these and if so how do you cope. I feel like angry and upset every day. thank you.

pav1984
27-04-20, 14:21
I havent experienced the conditions you mention so I have no idea what you are going through but I hope my story can help a little.

16 years ago I got diagnosed with ms. Psychologically this has hit me hard. My therapist thinks this is one of the things that has caused my health anxiety which I still suffer with. I find the best way to cope is to concentrate of the good things in your life. Sounds really daft but each day at start and end think of the good things in your life. It is so easy to concentrate on the bad and I think this gets you down.

Whilst my situation isnt the same as yours I was hoping you could find benefit of what has taken me 16 years to learn.

Last thing. I have an audiobooks on mindfulness. On of the things in it was avoiding the second arrow. Basically if you got shot with an arrow it would hurt. To go over and over it in your mind is like being shot multiple times. What good can thinking about negative things do?

This may not help you or be applicable but if there is a chance it could help it is worth saying it.

fruity
27-04-20, 14:29
Thank you. It is very difficult to concentrate on good but I’ll have to do something. It’s giving me physical symptoms aswell which I’ve had before. But I feel tortured. Thank you again and will try

pav1984
27-04-20, 14:33
Yes I remember well feeling like a day wouldnt go by without thinking about it. I did find it gets easier but I would strongly advise breaking the negative thinking trap early before it becomes a habit. I know easier said than done.

pav1984
27-04-20, 14:38
Oh nearly forgot. I found another thing that helped.

I set myself challenges. So the first thing I did was train to run a half marathon. Then a full one. I raised money for the condition which in my mind was a way of kicking the illness in the nuts. I learn new things all of the time.

Looking back I think the challenges I set myself forced me to concentrate on something else.

fruity
29-04-20, 09:11
Today I have the blood test person coming in to me at home because I’m at high risk of covid so can’t go to hospital. Plus I’m starting home infusions at home today for my common variable immune deficiency as I can’t fight infections. So as you can imagine I’m so anxious I’ve got all the symptoms I’m a bit shaky feel weird scared something might happen ect.... oh and dizzy a little. I’m so scared.

venusbluejeans
29-04-20, 10:58
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Gemmaleary85
10-05-20, 21:21
Iv read lots of your replies to people and I’d just like to say - your such a lovely person.