PDA

View Full Version : Foster Parents

michellemumof4
15-10-07, 07:34
Hi does anyone have any exspericence of fostering,

I have been for sometime considered becoming a foster parent but have been told by others that the fact that I have had Anxiety would mean i am a unsuitable applicant, Does anyone Know if this is true , I would hate to apply and be rejected because of this !!

Anyone ??

thanks

Michelle xx

bluesparkle
15-10-07, 08:12
hello
i used to be a foster parent...
im not sure if anxiety would prevent this but i wouldnt have thought so... and it wouldnt hurt to ask...
i loved it it was the best thing i ever did and it fitted in with my family well i only gave up when my huband left as i felt my children needed my attention, i would go back to it only i dont have the room where i live now.
i think it was a ten week coarse we did one evening a week...
rach

MistyBlue
15-10-07, 09:19
Hi Michelle,

Although I haven't fostered, I have adopted a child. I'm pretty sure that the same procedures are taken in each case, probably more so with adoption and this is with a strong history of anxiety. If that's what you feel you should do, at least give it a try. Good luck.:hugs:

Lisa xxx

Gabby
15-10-07, 10:42
For what its worth, I would think you would be a wonderful foster parent.

If they query it cos of the anx, im sure you could get ur GP or your last pscyhiatrist or someone to write a supporting statement for you to show how well you are and that you would be able to cope just fine.

Good luck with it honey

G x:flowers: