PDA

View Full Version : Worried about food poisoning for two reasons

ShaunRyder
27-04-20, 20:54
So today I got out some turkey mince from the freezer I had frozen last week, I put it in a bowl and was going to fill it up with cold water to defrost but I completely forgot to put the water in, so I've come to make dinner and realised it has defrosted at room temperature which I know you shouldn't do, I decided to use it anyways as I had nothing else to make but when making it I noticed it was not fully defrosted and had tiny bits of frozen meat in it, it was only a tiny bit and the majority of it was defrosted, once again I decided to carry on using it, I cooked it for longer than normal and at a higher heat to make sure it was fully cooked which it was.

I am now worried I could have made my self seriously ill with defrosting at room temperature and cooking it with a bit of mince that wasnt completely defrosted, nornally i am always careful but with lockdown I didn't want to go to the supermarket for just one dinner.

Fishmanpa
27-04-20, 20:58
Ummmm.... no.....

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
27-04-20, 23:38
So today I got out some turkey mince from the freezer I had frozen last week, I put it in a bowl and was going to fill it up with cold water to defrost but I completely forgot to put the water in, so I've come to make dinner and realised it has defrosted at room temperature which I know you shouldn't do, I decided to use it anyways as I had nothing else to make but when making it I noticed it was not fully defrosted and had tiny bits of frozen meat in it, it was only a tiny bit and the majority of it was defrosted, once again I decided to carry on using it, I cooked it for longer than normal and at a higher heat to make sure it was fully cooked which it was.

I am now worried I could have made my self seriously ill with defrosting at room temperature and cooking it with a bit of mince that wasnt completely defrosted, nornally i am always careful but with lockdown I didn't want to go to the supermarket for just one dinner.

If you had food poisoning you would know it. Feels like you are dying a slow death. Literally.

nomorepanic
27-04-20, 23:51
I defrost things all the time at room temperature and never ill from it

Food poisoning would be within a few hours