PDA

View Full Version : Saw white spots - why am I freaking out?

Cptdebbie
27-04-20, 21:40
Hi All,
I am quite discouraged about my battle with health anxiety. I feel like I’m improving and then BAM! Something happens and I can’t stop thinking about it. Being stuck in the house makes it worse.

Last night I was tired and had decided to go to bed, when I saw three blobbish white shapes for about 3-4 seconds in the left corner of my vision. My first thought was that I was seeing cotton. Then I thought, wait. There is no cotton here.

My eyes are a bit itchy from allergies. I also had a light on to the left of me. I have no idea what happened. I had a similar event a few years ago and my doc told me it was a tear film issue. (I have dry eyes.). I can’t really remember what that event looked like though. I just remember seeing patches of stuff in my eyes.

There is a part of me that realizes our eyes do strange things from time to time, especially when tired. I made the mistake of googling though. No bueno!!!

I’m a fairly recent widow and am struggling with loneliness during the quarantine. It is so hard not to have someone to discuss things with. I don’t want to bother my kids. They all think I’m crazy anyway. I’m hoping you all will understand.

I’m thinking that unless this happens again, I’m not going to go to the doctor about it. I had a full eye exam, six months ago. I need to learn to accept some quirks in my vision as long as they don’t become a pattern. Does this sound reasonable? Have any of you had something like this happen?

Thank you,
Discouraged and Lonely in the western United States

katniss
28-04-20, 23:07
Debbie, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could give you a hug. I am sure your children wouldn’t mind chatting with you :) As for this issue of seeing white spots this sounds very benign. I’ve had something similar happen to me many times before going to bed. Sometimes your mind has already started to doze off so you end up seeing strange things. Even if you were wide awake seeing a few spots for a few seconds doesn’t mean much at all. I have suffered from ocular migraines on two occasions which means I have seen a sparkly crescent like image in my eyes for half an hour. It was so scary when it happened, but it’s completely benign. Anyway, I do hope you are doing better

Cptdebbie
29-04-20, 03:47
Thank you Katniss. Your sweet and kind post was very much like a hug. :bighug1: