PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone im new

justagirl
15-10-07, 23:03
hi everyone im 17 years old... ive been suffering from panic attacks for about 2 years on and off but this past year they have been really bad! ive had to quit my college course because i cant attend. as soon as i get to the college gates i panic and end up turning around which is quite frustrating. im not really sure how to get over this and would really love my life back.
I dont go out hardly and i never see any of my friends.. in fact they dont even know i suffer from panic attacks because im too embarrassed to tell them all.:weep:
It makes me feel alot better knowing theres other people out there that are like me.
I would really appriecate some advice on how to get over this.

Raechel
x

groovygranny
16-10-07, 00:00
Hello Rachel :welcome:to you!

Absolutely no need to feel embarrassed here !

Personally, I find being honest and up front with people to be the best tactic. However, I do realise this is not always easy or straightforward.

You may be pleasantly surprised though if you tell your friends about your difficulties.

No need to feel alone here - you'll find plenty of help and support.

Next time you get to those gates tell yourself that fear and panic is a vicious circle and you intend to break it. This will establish your desire to control it rather than it control you. Then, you can take it from there.

I'm sure you'll receive much good advice, help and support here - and make some new friends too!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
16-10-07, 00:42
Hello Raechel And Welcome To The Site........linda

manmoor
16-10-07, 08:03
Hi Rachel,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

tnt808
16-10-07, 08:24
Hi Rachel welcome to the site:)

honeybee3939
16-10-07, 12:17
Hi Raechel

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Believe
16-10-07, 12:43
Hello Raechel,

Welcome abroad. Hope that you enjoy your stay. You will make alot of friends here and there's always good advice.

Drop by chat room and meet us.

Take Care
Believe:flowers:

I Believe That We All Will Get Better.

trac67
16-10-07, 16:12
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
16-10-07, 18:19
Hi Rachel and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Although it's not easy, telling your most trusted friend might help lift this burden off your shoulders. I did this after university and my friend wasn't put off in the slightest. Have a look at the first steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=firststeps)and how to cope (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=coping) pages as a starting point.

Take care,

Mike :)

Anna C
16-10-07, 18:29
Hi Rachel,
I just wanted to say thanks for replying to my first post. As you know I am also new, so I can't really offer any advice, but I do have an idea of how you're feeling.
I'm sure there are people here who can help, and maybe just having people who you can talk to,who understand will help you.Also I've heard keeping a journal/diary can help as you can look back at it and hopfully think wow look how far I've come! Thats what I'm doing to see if CBT works.

The CBT is a 14 week telephone course - an hour a week and maybe a liitle longer if needed - so I will let you know how it goes.
Take care and good luck. Anna :)

nomorepanic
16-10-07, 19:01
Hi Raechel

We met in chat last night so :welcome: aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
17-10-07, 23:46
Hi Raechel,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel like you do and you will find support. You might be surprised to find how your friends would take the news, they would probably be supportive.

Hugs,

Laura