PDA

View Full Version : Hi its my first time here.

Anna C
15-10-07, 23:03
Hi I have only just found this website and already reading through some of the posts I can identify with alot of other people here.

I think I suffer from general anxiety and social phobia and find that I feel scared most of the time sometimes without knowing way.

I do work and I just about manage but it is hard being around other people.
I try to avoid social occasions but find that sometimes I have to go and it is so hard. I find I make excuses to get out of going to parties and social events. I sometimes feel detached from other people or 'unreal'. When I'm at home on my own I feel fine but when I'm with other people even my family I feel tense and scared.

I started cognitive therapy today so I hope it helps soon. Thanks for listening. Anna

justagirl
15-10-07, 23:06
hi
could you let me know how the CBT goes because im hoping to try it as i suffer from severe panic attacks.
Good luck!!:)
Raechel
xx

groovygranny
16-10-07, 00:06
Hello Anna :welcome:to you!

Good luck with the CBT - I don't have personal experience of it, but many here do.

I do have experience of social anxiety though and feel for you very much.

Well done for going to work - I know how difficult that must be for you.

Don't give up - there is always hope and you'll find that here - along with plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
16-10-07, 00:42
Hello Anna And Welcome To The Site........linda

manmoor
16-10-07, 08:04
Hi Anna,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

tnt808
16-10-07, 08:25
Hi Anna welcome to the site:)

honeybee3939
16-10-07, 12:15
Hi Anna

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Believe
16-10-07, 12:46
Hello Anna,

Welcome to NMP. Hope that you enjoy your stay. You will make lots of friends and get great advice.

Hope you have read the self help section on the main forum.
Also if you can drop by the chat room and meet us.
Good luck with your CBT.

Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better

trac67
16-10-07, 16:10
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
16-10-07, 18:06
Hi Anna and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Well done for going to work as I know how hard that can be and good luck with the therapy.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
16-10-07, 19:03
Hi Anna

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Good luck with the CBT and let us know how it goes.

Southern_Belle
17-10-07, 23:48
Hi Anna,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel like you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura