PDA

View Full Version : Frustating time

joy
16-10-07, 09:07
I had a raw deal alright at the shrinks office yesterday. Firstly only saw a senior house officer on her first day!
I was wanting info re reducing the Venlafaxine as my anxiety has been sky high for weeks and also my dose is way above the NICE guidelines.

She wasnt interested ithat at all of that my anxiety was so high I couldnt bear it. I already have Lorazapam. an addictive benzo .which sadly doesnt work for me so I was asking surely there must be something else but she said no there isnt!!! And anyway benzos are addictive!!

Her recommendation was that i stay on the high dose for a further 8 weeks inspite of the anxiety until theydecide if the med is going to work or not!!! I kept repeating I cant stand the anxiety but that didnt seem to matter.

She kept making assumptopns about me which werent true and to add final insults she kept yawning!

I came home and cried buckets with frustration and I'm really depressed today when my problem is not depression.

Joy

lesleyB
16-10-07, 10:26
Sorry your having a bad time, how rude of her to yawn though hope you get better treatment next time.
Good luck
Lesleyb:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: