PDA

View Full Version : ne advice on dothiepin pleeze

bexy1970
16-10-07, 11:58
hi all, ive been on dothiepin for four months now for panick and anxiety, im meant to take 100mg but i only take 75mg, and i even cut the tablet up as scared of taking all in one go(at bedtime)as one of my stupid fears was waking up in nte not knowing wot im doin!! know its daft as i was on doth a few yrs ago, took in one dose then and got betta quickly! im not ths time!!! my anxiety started when my dad died suddenly. kept being scared that i was goin to lose control or that id done something wrong and not known about it!! daft yes i know. ne advice on the meds would be lovely.. just got myself back to work but still cant drive due to being scared of losing control!! sorry 4 goin on !! becca xxxx

Ellen70
17-10-07, 01:26
Hi Becky,
Sorry to hear about the tought times you are going through.

I took 150mg dothiepin daily for about five years and it helped my depression a lot, the only anti depressant that ever worked for me. It helped my anxiety too.

Try to think of how much better you will feel once the dothiepin begins to work. You have taken it before so you know that it works for you. Do you have anyone else living with you or even someone you could phone in the morning? If so maybe you could tell them about your fears and they could be there in the morning to reassure you or phone you to check that you are ok.

Also maybe you could take the dothiepin a couple of hours before you go to bed each night so that in the morning it will have been nine or ten hours since you took and then you should feel less sedated.

Take care

Ellen

Krakers
17-10-07, 05:50
Hi Bexy - I don't know a great deal about this med. Its called Dosulepin in the UK (don't know whether thats brand or generic).

Its a trycyclic and my mate was prescibed it by his doc. He stopped taking it, not because it wasn't working but rather that it sent him to sleep and he is the main carer for his children. His presciption was 3 times daily, and he was obviously concerned about its sedative effects.

Bed time sounds like the right time to take it, but I am neither medically qualified nor can give as good as advice as your GP. If you are at all concerned, then your GP is the best person to speak to.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Krakers.