PDA

View Full Version : Spot?

katiep
29-04-20, 20:54
On the front of my chest where a pendant would rest, i felt a spongy/hard bump because i have HA i cant believe it is a spot under skin like hubby is telling me... sp for two days i have flipped out had my family members look in person and on facetime or photos
going mad with worry, today a head appeared on it white in colour was squeezed and pus came out... now its sore and still a decent size and im still worried

BrokenGirl
29-04-20, 21:04
Sounds like a spot to me. And that a white head appeared on it and pus came out - that's what spots do.
Many spots can be quite hard and large, and not all of them will have a white head either.

I know it's difficult but try to leave it alone. The more you go poking and squeezing it, the worse you'll make it and the longer it will take it to go away.
Give it a couple of days and you should start to see an improvement by then

Hope you feel better soon!

katiep
29-04-20, 21:11
Thank you so much, believe it or not have had anxiety under control till lockdown and im frightened out wits of everything xx thank you again x

BrokenGirl
29-04-20, 21:20
Lockdown is frightening the life out of a lot of us - myself included.
All we can do is try to take it one day at a time!

I've had big hard spots before that would scare me, but as soon as I could squeeze something out of it I would get instant relief. I'd know then it was just a spot and I wouldn't care how sore it was or how long it took it to go away.

Go and do something relaxing now and forget about that spot :D

katiep
29-04-20, 21:21
I will and thank you again xx

katiep
03-05-20, 12:41
On the front of my chest where a pendant would rest, i felt a spongy/hard bump because i have HA i cant believe it is a spot under skin like hubby is telling me... sp for two days i have flipped out had my family members look in person and on facetime or photos
going mad with worry, today a head appeared on it white in colour was squeezed and pus came out... now its sore and still a decent size and im still worried

Update
The bump is still there
Yes it’s smaller and soft on surface but if i push down on the thing it gets harder the more I push and prod
I know it’s lying on a bone or muscle but I worry it’s not a spot
I can’t believe I have taken so many steps back. I can’t even rationalise anything
Feel like I’m back at the start

O_O
03-05-20, 12:49
Update
The bump is still there
Yes it’s smaller and soft on surface but if i push down on the thing it gets harder the more I push and prod
I know it’s lying on a bone or muscle but I worry it’s not a spot
I can’t believe I have taken so many steps back. I can’t even rationalise anything
Feel like I’m back at the start

It's just a spot! 😂 You must be lucky to have very clear skin normally if a spot causes this much alarm 🙂

Sometimes deep or cystic spots can take a long time to heal completely, and can remain as a hard bump for ages. I've had spots in the past that are still hard and raised over a month on.

It's a spot.

katiep
03-05-20, 14:09
It's just a spot! 😂 You must be lucky to have very clear skin normally if a spot causes this much alarm 🙂

Sometimes deep or cystic spots can take a long time to heal completely, and can remain as a hard bump for ages. I've had spots in the past that are still hard and raised over a month on.

It's a spot.

I never have a spot maybe 2 a year I know I’m lucky with that
I have been managing to keep heath anxiety at bay but this has completely threw me
It’s certainly smaller on surface of skin barely noticible but pressing on it is wrong I know but shows it’s still there. My poor hubby is about off his head trying to reassure me
And all the things I would usually do I’m not able to do with lockdown
Thank you so much for your comment and it makes perfect sense
Deep down I know it’s a spot just trying to get head to behave. Take care xx