PDA

View Full Version : Vision Issues

elysemarie123
29-04-20, 21:46
So someone please talk me off a ledge here. My anxiety has been pretty bad due to this covid crap. I’ve had a weird blind spot in my left eye most of the day. I can really see it when I blink and am looking at light colored objects (the sky, etc). It won’t go away and I went to my PCP and she said she can’t see anything and that I need to be referred to an eye doctor. I’m so nervous - what If she missed something and I have a stroke tonight. What if it never goes away and I have this the rest of my life. I know I’m spiraling but I’m really scared

NotDeadYet
29-04-20, 22:24
elysemarie123

I would follow your PCP's recommendation and see an eye doctor. They'll tell you lickity split what may or may not be going on.

Take a deep breath, create a plan to make an appointment, trust your doctor, and then remind yourself over and over again as your worries creep up that you have a plan and that you've already seen one doctor who provided you with a plan.

Best Wishes.

OliviaD
30-04-20, 10:41
Oh dear, I've had the same problem in March, in my left eye, no jokes. Is it like a spot? Are you prone to anxiety-related eye issues? Because I am. Anyway, the good thing is that after a while it started fading and in 2 weeks it was gone. You should go to your eye doctor, but it could indeed be anxiety, which causes all sort of crazy stuff to the eyes.
Good luck!

Emily101115
03-05-20, 14:35
Hi. How are you getting in with this?

I am going through something similar at the moment. Although right now I can't quite make my mind up which eye it is I'm worried about!

Really debating going to to the hospital now to get them checked, I feel so selfish at the same time with all the Covid situation :(