PDA

View Full Version : Rocking/Swaying Feeling

RVP
30-04-20, 12:00
Hi everyone, I have not posted anything on here for a while now and I've tried to stay away for as long as possible.
However, I am stressed with my work, with my life and with everything that's going on currently.

I won't go into too much detail but for the last 4-5 days I have been having constant swaying/rocking sensation and it's more apparent if I'm lying down, but today it's happening almost all the time. It is constant, in a minute it'll keep happen around 6/7 times.

I am looking at computer screens pretty constantly throughout the day, working 7 hours on a PC then looking at ipad, playing video games and then using my phone so screens are all around me.

Even if I step away from the PC it doesn't get any better. I'm scared as I have had this previously, although it normally 1) isn't as bad and 2) goes within a day or a few hours.

I did mention I have been stressed and been having more regular panic attacks when before this coronavirus stuff I wasn't having any panic attacks.

I don't really know what it could be. Brain tumour? as it's lasted this long? It's bugging the hell out of me whereby it's effecting my daily life right now.

Thanks

BrokenGirl
30-04-20, 12:31
My heart breaks for you when I read this, because I suffered from this for a long time. And I know how horrible it can feel. To me it used to feel like I was trying to stand up on a small boat, constantly swaying, and it doesn't get better when you lie down. I had it 24/7.

Anxiety can cause this, and it was what caused it for me. Not a brain tumor or anything else serious. Just good old anxiety!!!

The more you worry about it and concentrate on it, the worse it gets. I would say try to forget about it and distract yourself from it but that can be so difficult to do. Try not to worry about it, there's nothing serious causing it. It will pass in it's own time and if I got through it so can you. I still get it from time to time but it doesn't bother me any more.

Try to work on your anxiety rather than the rocking/swaying feeling, and if you can improve your anxiety then you will see an improvement in the swaying feeling too

nomorepanic
30-04-20, 12:54
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

RVP
30-04-20, 21:21
My heart breaks for you when I read this, because I suffered from this for a long time. And I know how horrible it can feel. To me it used to feel like I was trying to stand up on a small boat, constantly swaying, and it doesn't get better when you lie down. I had it 24/7.

Anxiety can cause this, and it was what caused it for me. Not a brain tumor or anything else serious. Just good old anxiety!!!

The more you worry about it and concentrate on it, the worse it gets. I would say try to forget about it and distract yourself from it but that can be so difficult to do. Try not to worry about it, there's nothing serious causing it. It will pass in it's own time and if I got through it so can you. I still get it from time to time but it doesn't bother me any more.

Try to work on your anxiety rather than the rocking/swaying feeling, and if you can improve your anxiety then you will see an improvement in the swaying feeling too

Thanks for your reply!

I'm hoping it is anxiety and your comment has helped me think it is!

But obviously we still love to doubt ourselves others and I can't help but feel it's something more. Even when I'm pre-occupied I still find myself in the swaying motion. For example I'm lying in bed now and it'll just keep happening, despite watching TV or doing anything! That and the fact that it's lasted almost a week, whereas I've has similar sensation before and it's lasted few minutes or maybe an hour or 2 max.

RVP
30-04-20, 22:34
Has anyone else experienced these symptoms for a prolonged time and had a good outcome? I'm literally losing my mind and it feels like I have no where to turn.
I'm going to ring the Drs tomorrow and see if they can help, but in all honesty I don't know.