PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19 discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

ankietyjoe
18-01-21, 11:51
In 2020 we had no vaccines or clarity I do believe 2021 when things open we can plan life again and make plans people can plan weddings ect I hope this is what happens. And when things open they stay open. With 2020 stuff opened closed again now I believe we will see more clarity and hopefully an end to things. I mean nobody knows what will happen so far but I hope over the next few months we have the answers :)

Except we kinda do know what's going to happen to some extent. Whatever you choose to believe, Covid is relatively low impact for a pandemic. Death rates are low and it still fvcked the planet for a year.

The next one could be 'the big one'.

Vaccinations are here to stay, and rightly so. Get used to it, plan accepting it.

This, is the future -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9155183/Entire-UK-vaccinated-against-new-Covid-variants-four-months-factory.html

fishman65
18-01-21, 18:03
Hi Mr. Fishman

Wow so much activity here since last post

I hope and I pray that Biebs does not get the virus. Actually we lost him already because he took American nationality.

I remembered he said before that he loved Canada because of our excellent healthcare service. I dont think peiple think that any longer.

We have to steal nurses from India, Phillipine and Africa. Our own nurses go to USA because salary is so good.

Biebs is actually very generous. Most Canadians are very stingy I hate to say. When I was able to do figure skating, we were 6 in my class and 4 were Chinese. We always went to a diner after Friday practice. In China culture one person pays for the whole group. Then the next time another person pays. I think this is a good system.. It was always so embarrassing to see older boys and girls arguing about money when they had to pay the check. The Chinese girls could not understand this behavior. But I guess every country is different.Hi wobblehead. I firmly believe there is good and bad in all nations. And nations are a false construct anyway, dividing us all with imaginary lines called borders. And you don't say anything about how good you guys are at ice hockey!! You'd knock the UK into a tin hat.

fishman65
18-01-21, 20:48
Dr Campbell interview with David Davis MP on the subject of vitamin D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyhjQUjHjU

fishman65
18-01-21, 21:36
Dr Campbell interview with David Davis MP on the subject of vitamin D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyhjQUjHjUFascinating discussion, I think you'd like this Gary, not just about vit D.

phil06
18-01-21, 23:18
Someone at my work mentioned people who died in Tesco with covid staff..I think there seems to be a real fear again in work with COVID I wish they was over and we could feel safe at work once again.

Phill2
19-01-21, 00:47
From an Aussie nurse working in the UK
https://www.couriermail.com.au/coronavirus/australian-working-in-busy-london-mortuary-opens-up-on-devastating-second-wave/news-story/48f1a153952e6a4e6efd33b109630cb8

wobblehead
19-01-21, 01:27
Hi Fishman

Thank you for your kind replies. I think we are good at ice hockey because others countries do not play it. We are trash at outdoor sports.

So your daughter has a car?:scared15::ohmy: Well that's just perfect:wacko:
Did you buy her a roll's royce? Sorry only kidding :) I imagined she had to wheel a suitcase along the sidewalk

Families are kind of screwy. I did not choose my mum and dad. When God dished out the souls, I finished up in some random baby body in Quebec. I feel gratitude that I did not born in a tent in a refugee camp some awful place.

I told my gran about you. She said that she knows other dads same as you. The mother and daughter form a strong bond and go shopping together. The dad gets excluded. You are lucky you have a nice dog. That is why people say that a dog is man's best friend

wobblehead
19-01-21, 06:03
Biebs wears a mask and it did not harm him and he has anxiety
I think Phil02 you should wear a mask. If you dont you will have problems with othet people and that will make your anxiety worser.

I guess most people in this forum are over. ,30. Thats why you cannot lke Biebs music. I think that your parents did not like the music you liked in the ,,80s. Duran Duran, Human League etc

When I watched a documentary about Beatles their fans were all girls the age of my younger sister. Now persons of all ages like the Beatles.

The Canadian government want Biebs back because he paid a lot of taxes. Also his local automobile dealer because he bought cars for all his friends on their birthday's.

You cant blame him.for escaping to USA. Even Harry and Meghan did not last long with us. Our winters really suck.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 06:04
Fox is just attention-seeking.

I understand the denizens of Twitter have had a lot of fun with his recent "I am exempt" stunt.

Seems his MO. Lots of victimhood.

I bet they have. He's far from popular as it it so that was a big target he painted that crossed political borders. But he probably just sees it as good publicity.

A good case of good actor, bit of a nob. So many seem to fall into this category.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 06:10
From an Aussie nurse working in the UK
https://www.couriermail.com.au/coronavirus/australian-working-in-busy-london-mortuary-opens-up-on-devastating-second-wave/news-story/48f1a153952e6a4e6efd33b109630cb8

Subscription only for me, Phill. Is there a get around with Google like with the Financial Times over here?

Phill2
19-01-21, 06:19
Sorry mate I didn't realise it was sub only.
Copy below
Australian working in busy London mortuary opens up on devastating second waveThe deadly second wave is causing UK morgues to run out of space, prompting a warning from a Queenslander stuck in the middle of it.
Ellen Ransley
3 min read
January 19, 2021 - 7:35AM
NCA NewsWire
7 comments (https://www.couriermail.com.au/coronavirus/australian-working-in-busy-london-mortuary-opens-up-on-devastating-second-wave/news-story/48f1a153952e6a4e6efd33b109630cb8#share-tools)

COURIERMAIL.COM.AU1:43
Fears ICU's could be overwhelmed as UK records 1,500 deaths

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned MPs intensive care units could soon be overwhelmed despite saying lockdown measures are beginning to…

As the United Kingdom battles a fatal second wave of COVID-19, an Australian working in London’s largest mortuary has warned those back home just how deadly complacency can be.

Rose Carbon, a former Brisbane resident who now works as a mortuary assistant at a major southwest London hospital quickly running out of space as the death toll rises, said her team was “exhausted”.
The United Kingdom recorded its deadliest day since the start of the pandemic on Wednesday with 1564 deaths, while an average of 53,000 new cases are confirmed daily.
The total death toll now exceeds 88,590 and is the highest fatality rate in Europe. More than 20,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the past 30 days alone.
In comparison, 909 Australians have died since the beginning of the pandemic, and less than 30,000 cases have been recorded.
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/850d1d92959614be61e1c79487c75be9
Rose Carbon is a mortuary assistant at a major south west London hospital and says her team is quickly running out of space as the COVID-19 death toll rises in the UK. Picture: Supplied
At the hospital where Ms Carbon works, temporary mortuaries have been set up to cope with the rising fatalities, but they too are quickly approaching capacity.
“People here are working harder than they ever have before,” Ms Carbon told NCA NewsWire.
“In the first wave, we said we couldn’t do this again; it’s so awful to be a part of.
“But this is 100 times worse than it was (during the first wave).”

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/77b8d97fec81d9588a83658364cff547
Temporary mortuaries have been set up across the UK as the country grapples with a deadly second wave. Picture: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images
Ms Carbon said it was extremely frustrating to watch so many UK residents become complacent, resulting in the spike in case numbers and ultimately more bodies in her mortuary.
“People don’t take it seriously (anymore),” she said.
“They don’t understand. This virus is so unpredictable. You can have it and be spreading it and not even realise.
“Complacency is very deadly.”
As the situation worsens in the UK, Ms Carbon said Australians should take it as a warning.
“If you look at the stats of when Melbourne went into lockdown … of course that was incredibly tough, but it worked,” she said.
“If you remove physical contact, you’re more likely to eradicate it quicker.
“You see examples like New Zealand. They’ve pretty much eradicated it by adhering to government advice … they listened to medical experts.
“If every single person in the UK adhered to government guidelines, we would get rid of this so much quicker.”
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/880f4ca94cc1366dd295656f28cf4a26
Hospitals in the United Kingdom are being overwhelmed by the rising number of new COVID-19 infections, which average more than 53,000 per day. Picture: Daniel Leal-Olivas/ AFP)
Ms Carbon said mortuaries around the country, and the National Health Service as a whole, were being “run into the ground” as facilities approach maximum capacity.
“It’s exhausting … We’re coming in on weekends, we’re staying back late just to keep on top of everything,” she said.
While an average day before the pandemic meant Ms Carbon was assisting with post-mortems, working with the coroner and other hospital staff, and contacting bereavement services, COVID-19 has added an unprecedented level of work.
“There are so many more deaths, and so much more infection control on top of that,” she said.
“We’re under an immense amount of pressure. We had a heavy day before the pandemic, but this second wave is so much worse than the first, and not enough people realise that.”
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/f471d0479d76a2501bb3bd1c2a67046d
Ms Carbon said the dramatic death toll was not only impacting space at her mortuary, but also impeding on the grieving process for those who have lost a loved one to the virus. Picture: Supplied
Ms Carbon said the dramatic spike in the number of COVID deaths at her hospital not only meant the mortuary was running out of space, but it was impeding on grieving.
“What we would usually do is offer a service where people can come and view their loved ones … It’s a crucial part in the grieving process,” she said.
“We’re not able to facilitate that anymore. That’s so upsetting, to the families and to us. We’re in this line of work for a reason, we have compassion.
“These people (who passed away) are someone’s loved ones. They’re not just figures in the newspaper, that’s someone’s life that has become extinct.”
Ms Carbon said the fatality rate from the second wave is so intense, funeral homes were becoming backed up, delaying the grieving process by at least three weeks as the entire industry struggled to keep up with the sheer magnitude.
“People cannot grieve properly, and cemeteries and crematoriums can’t keep up with the demand,” Ms Carbon said.
“That’s very intense. You get delayed grief.”

Phill2
19-01-21, 06:21
[QUOTE=wobblehead;1985463]Biebs wears a mask and it did not harm him and he has anxiety
I think Phil02 you should wear a mask. If you dont you will have problems with othet people and that will make your anxiety worser.

I guess most people in this forum are over. ,30. Thats why you cannot lke Biebs music. I think that your parents did not like the music you liked in the ,,80s. Duran Duran, Human League etc

When I watched a documentary about Beatles their fans were all girls the age of my younger sister. Now persons of all ages like the Beatles.

The Canadian government want Biebs back because he paid a lot of taxes. Also his local automobile dealer because he bought cars for all his friends on their birthday's.

You cant blame him.for escaping to USA. Even Harry and Meghan did not last long with us. Our winters really suck.[/QUOT

I think you meant Phil 06

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 07:00
[QUOTE=wobblehead;1985463]Biebs wears a mask and it did not harm him and he has anxiety

You cant blame him.for escaping to USA. Even Harry and Meghan did not last long with us. Our winters really suck.[/QUOT

I think you meant Phil 06

Yes, we know you're really a secret Belieber, Phill...:whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 07:02
Sorry mate I didn't realise it was sub only.
Copy below
Australian working in busy London mortuary opens up on devastating second waveThe deadly second wave is causing UK morgues to run out of space, prompting a warning from a Queenslander stuck in the middle of it.
Ellen Ransley
3 min read
January 19, 2021 - 7:35AM
NCA NewsWire
7 comments (https://www.couriermail.com.au/coronavirus/australian-working-in-busy-london-mortuary-opens-up-on-devastating-second-wave/news-story/48f1a153952e6a4e6efd33b109630cb8#share-tools)

COURIERMAIL.COM.AU1:43
Fears ICU's could be overwhelmed as UK records 1,500 deaths

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned MPs intensive care units could soon be overwhelmed despite saying lockdown measures are beginning to…

As the United Kingdom battles a fatal second wave of COVID-19, an Australian working in London’s largest mortuary has warned those back home just how deadly complacency can be.

Rose Carbon, a former Brisbane resident who now works as a mortuary assistant at a major southwest London hospital quickly running out of space as the death toll rises, said her team was “exhausted”.
The United Kingdom recorded its deadliest day since the start of the pandemic on Wednesday with 1564 deaths, while an average of 53,000 new cases are confirmed daily.
The total death toll now exceeds 88,590 and is the highest fatality rate in Europe. More than 20,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the past 30 days alone.
In comparison, 909 Australians have died since the beginning of the pandemic, and less than 30,000 cases have been recorded.
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/850d1d92959614be61e1c79487c75be9
Rose Carbon is a mortuary assistant at a major south west London hospital and says her team is quickly running out of space as the COVID-19 death toll rises in the UK. Picture: Supplied
At the hospital where Ms Carbon works, temporary mortuaries have been set up to cope with the rising fatalities, but they too are quickly approaching capacity.
“People here are working harder than they ever have before,” Ms Carbon told NCA NewsWire.
“In the first wave, we said we couldn’t do this again; it’s so awful to be a part of.
“But this is 100 times worse than it was (during the first wave).”

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/77b8d97fec81d9588a83658364cff547
Temporary mortuaries have been set up across the UK as the country grapples with a deadly second wave. Picture: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images
Ms Carbon said it was extremely frustrating to watch so many UK residents become complacent, resulting in the spike in case numbers and ultimately more bodies in her mortuary.
“People don’t take it seriously (anymore),” she said.
“They don’t understand. This virus is so unpredictable. You can have it and be spreading it and not even realise.
“Complacency is very deadly.”
As the situation worsens in the UK, Ms Carbon said Australians should take it as a warning.
“If you look at the stats of when Melbourne went into lockdown … of course that was incredibly tough, but it worked,” she said.
“If you remove physical contact, you’re more likely to eradicate it quicker.
“You see examples like New Zealand. They’ve pretty much eradicated it by adhering to government advice … they listened to medical experts.
“If every single person in the UK adhered to government guidelines, we would get rid of this so much quicker.”
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/880f4ca94cc1366dd295656f28cf4a26
Hospitals in the United Kingdom are being overwhelmed by the rising number of new COVID-19 infections, which average more than 53,000 per day. Picture: Daniel Leal-Olivas/ AFP)
Ms Carbon said mortuaries around the country, and the National Health Service as a whole, were being “run into the ground” as facilities approach maximum capacity.
“It’s exhausting … We’re coming in on weekends, we’re staying back late just to keep on top of everything,” she said.
While an average day before the pandemic meant Ms Carbon was assisting with post-mortems, working with the coroner and other hospital staff, and contacting bereavement services, COVID-19 has added an unprecedented level of work.
“There are so many more deaths, and so much more infection control on top of that,” she said.
“We’re under an immense amount of pressure. We had a heavy day before the pandemic, but this second wave is so much worse than the first, and not enough people realise that.”
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/f471d0479d76a2501bb3bd1c2a67046d
Ms Carbon said the dramatic death toll was not only impacting space at her mortuary, but also impeding on the grieving process for those who have lost a loved one to the virus. Picture: Supplied
Ms Carbon said the dramatic spike in the number of COVID deaths at her hospital not only meant the mortuary was running out of space, but it was impeding on grieving.
“What we would usually do is offer a service where people can come and view their loved ones … It’s a crucial part in the grieving process,” she said.
“We’re not able to facilitate that anymore. That’s so upsetting, to the families and to us. We’re in this line of work for a reason, we have compassion.
“These people (who passed away) are someone’s loved ones. They’re not just figures in the newspaper, that’s someone’s life that has become extinct.”
Ms Carbon said the fatality rate from the second wave is so intense, funeral homes were becoming backed up, delaying the grieving process by at least three weeks as the entire industry struggled to keep up with the sheer magnitude.
“People cannot grieve properly, and cemeteries and crematoriums can’t keep up with the demand,” Ms Carbon said.
“That’s very intense. You get delayed grief.”

Thanks, Phill.

The overrun and temporary mortuary problems have been covered here too especially regarding London.

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 14:10
Hancock is self isolating now then. Can lizard people contract the virus? I'm sure he'll be fine....

Lencoboy
19-01-21, 14:55
Hancock is self isolating now then. Can lizard people contract the virus? I'm sure he'll be fine....

Hasn't Hancock already had Covid earlier on in the pandemic?

fishman65
19-01-21, 15:19
Hasn't Hancock already had Covid earlier on in the pandemic?He did LB yes, so probably has immunity but not wanting to chance it.

Matt - I think the lizard people are higher up. 'The Cult' as David Icke calls them. They control the governments so Hancock would be a sheep the same as us, albeit a more privileged one.

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 15:36
He did LB yes, so probably has immunity but not wanting to chance it.

Matt - I think the lizard people are higher up. 'The Cult' as David Icke calls them. They control the governments so Hancock would be a sheep the same as us, albeit a more privileged one.

So he'll be eating dried crickets rather than live?

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 15:39

Yeah I think so Lenco.

Pamplemousse
19-01-21, 16:15

He did. This however is a result of him being contacted by Test and Trace.

Lencoboy
19-01-21, 16:21
He did. This however is a result of him being contacted by Test and Trace.

Obviously he's being forced to set an example now, albeit too little too late!

AntsyVee
19-01-21, 18:34
Aussie Phil, I’m sorry you all are going through this now as well. Here in LA and Orange County, they’re actually lifting some of our pollution burning rules for the time being in order to keep up with the amount of people that need to be cremated... I never thought I’d see anything that morbid here in my lifetime :/

fishman65
19-01-21, 18:49
Aussie Phil, I’m sorry you all are going through this now as well. Here in LA and Orange County, they’re actually lifting some of our pollution burning rules for the time being in order to keep up with the amount of people that need to be cremated... I never thought I’d see anything that morbid here in my lifetime :/That's awful Vee, California is one of the worst affected states I think? I made the mistake of watching BBC news feed on YouTube. It was focused on a London hospital and what the patients, their families and all the medics are going through. It was harrowing viewing, and yet some of the comments underneath from CTers and hoax believers were obscene.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 19:24
Obviously he's being forced to set an example now, albeit too little too late!

Or just following the rules because he's been contacted.

Lencoboy
19-01-21, 20:00
That's awful Vee, California is one of the worst affected states I think? I made the mistake of watching BBC news feed on YouTube. It was focused on a London hospital and what the patients, their families and all the medics are going through. It was harrowing viewing, and yet some of the comments underneath from CTers and hoax believers were obscene.

Why do YouTube still let such pondlife get away with posting such disgusting comments on there?

I suppose it's because 'it's the way of the world today' and everyone has a god-given right to say and do what they please without consequence!

I do wonder if free expression has now gone too far at times. (please see my thread in the Misc. section).

AntsyVee
19-01-21, 20:05
Yes, FM. As the most populous state, it's hit us pretty bad.

AntsyVee
19-01-21, 20:18
Well, we've done it! California has accomplished our own variant of Covid!!

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/local-covid-19-strain-found-in-over-one-third-of-los-angeles-patients/

pulisa
19-01-21, 20:48
Referring to Phill's article.."Aussie Nurse" etc...I think it's a bit tasteless for a "mortuary assistant" to be pictured taking a selfie of herself and then getting publicity for what is a tragedy for many families. She looks quite a smug piece of work-hope she was paid well.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-21, 20:48
Well, we've done it! California has accomplished our own variant of Covid!!

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/local-covid-19-strain-found-in-over-one-third-of-los-angeles-patients/

Woo hoo get it updated on that "come visit California" advert we have on TV over here. :yesyes:

Have they rigged the explosive charges along the fault line yet? Oh I forgot, new president :biggrin:

AntsyVee
19-01-21, 20:56
Woo hoo get it updated on that "come visit California" advert we have on TV over here. :yesyes:

Have they rigged the explosive charges along the fault like yet? Oh I forgot, new president :biggrin:

We need to update our ads!! Too many people keep coming bringing covid :p

phil06
19-01-21, 20:56
I know it’s the Daily mail but here again

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9164847/Covid-EU-gives-initial-backing-vaccine-passports.html

I know people keep saying they don’t know what will happen but aslong as these stories continue I could be banned from every EU country without taking a vaccine making it all but mandatory.

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 21:08
Referring to Phill's article.."Aussie Nurse" etc...I think it's a bit tasteless for a "mortuary assistant" to be pictured taking a selfie of herself and then getting publicity for what is a tragedy for many families. She looks quite a smug piece of work-hope she was paid well.

I thought exactly the same Pulisa.

Oh and she's Australian, so she was born "smug".... Sorry Phil.

pulisa
19-01-21, 21:14
I thought exactly the same Pulisa.

Oh and she's Australian, so she was born "smug".... Sorry Phil.

Cashing in on a pandemic....I bet she wears her mask as a chin diaper too....

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 21:26
Cashing in on a pandemic....I bet she wears her mask as a chin diaper too....

And probably a disposable one that has been used so many times it has actually started to turn brown! Sick of seeing that too!

pulisa
19-01-21, 21:27
And probably a disposable one that has been used so many times it has actually started to turn brown! Sick of seeing that too!

I think that's why there are so many people wearing black masks...Hides all the crud

BikerMatt
19-01-21, 21:54
I think that's why there are so many people wearing black masks...Hides all the crud

I've been seething all day Pulisa. It would've been my partners mums 80th birthday today. We went to the crem and the chapel of remembrance was closed due to covid, you then drive home to see Wren kitchens and all the takeaways etc open with lots of people in them! I don't get it, well I do actually, it's all about the dosh!

Lencoboy
19-01-21, 22:12

Although I hate to say this, it does seem to come across as gloating a bit, as in 'You pommies are rubbish, the laughing stock of the world, and look at us Aussies, the best in the world for fighting Covid'!!

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire the efforts of Australia and NZ for being exemplary global examples of keeping on top of Covid, but surely we aren't currently the absolute worst-hit in the world for daily cases, hospitalisations and deaths?

phil06
19-01-21, 23:02
I read this https://twitter.com/bbcscotlandnews/status/1351664241896517633?s=21 I am hearing alot about younger people getting it no sure if they are dying or if it’s just they require hospital treatment. Yet they tell you the virus isn’t getting any worse it’s hard to know what to believe. They told us a mild illness now they say healthy people getting ill?

AntsyVee
19-01-21, 23:11
Phil, TURN OFF THE NEWS. Go do something else.

phil06
19-01-21, 23:35
https://twitter.com/thetimesscot/status/1351671808609693696?s=21

locked down until summer they say now

phil06
19-01-21, 23:35
Phil, TURN OFF THE NEWS. Go do something else.

I have an addiction to the news and need help as I can’t stop reading it

Phill2
19-01-21, 23:36
Although I hate to say this, it does seem to come across as gloating a bit, as in 'You pommies are rubbish, the laughing stock of the world, and look at us Aussies, the best in the world for fighting Covid'!!

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire the efforts of Australia and NZ for being exemplary global examples of keeping on top of Covid, but surely we aren't currently the absolute worst-hit in the world for daily cases, hospitalisations and deaths?

I think that the message behind it is that too many people aren't following the rules and if they did the world in general wouldn't be in such a mess.

glassgirlw
19-01-21, 23:40
https://twitter.com/thetimesscot/status/1351671808609693696?s=21

locked down until summer they say now

This is scaremongering at its finest. With such a small percentage of the population having been vaccinated at this point, there’s no way they can possibly predict if it’s going to “work” or not. But - depending on how many people feel as you do about refusing the vaccination, the more likely this will happen. In my opinion.

phil06
19-01-21, 23:42
This is scaremongering at its finest. With such a small percentage of the population having been vaccinated at this point, there’s no way they can possibly predict if it’s going to “work” or not. But - depending on how many people feel as you do about refusing the vaccination, the more likely this will happen. In my opinion.

Yep the same paper is going with a different headline in England about the vaccine roll out going slow. But it’s Nicola Sturgeon so she might try and lock Scotland down longer.

Gary A
20-01-21, 00:00
Yep the same paper is going with a different headline in England about the vaccine roll out going slow. But it’s Nicola Sturgeon so she might try and lock Scotland down longer.

As much as I dislike Nicola Sturgeon, there is absolutely no reason to believe that anyone wants lockdowns to go on longer than they have to.

It’s very simple. Cases rise, we tighten restrictions. Cases fall, we loosen them. If cases stay low, gradually those restrictions become a thing of the past.

We need to give these vaccines time to work their magic before we can start truly planning ahead. That’s going to take months, so just try to get used to the idea of life being sh*t for a while longer.

Sorry, but there it is.

AntsyVee
20-01-21, 00:06
I know, Phil. I'm trying to help you :p

phil06
20-01-21, 00:47
I know, Phil. I'm trying to help you :p

Thanks I really so trying to avoid the news as I have been having panic attacks every night due to it. :)

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 03:45

I wear a black one :ninja::yesyes:

P.S. I'd totally offer that Aussie nurse a bed :whistles:

Phill - will your customs let her back in with that frog tattooed on her arm? TV programmes are always telling us how strict your guys are over bringing wild life in :biggrin:

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 03:49

It was an Aussie nurse who works in the UK talking about how bad things are in mortuarys. UK news were saying the same earlier in the year.

Phill2
20-01-21, 04:08

Phill - will your customs let her back in with that frog tattooed on her arm? TV programmes are always telling us how strict your guys are over bringing wild life in :biggrin:

Why am I not surprised Terry :roflmao:

wobblehead
20-01-21, 05:14
I dont know why but I do not like the nurse in the Aussie newspaper. Perhaps because she took a selfie. Why didnt she take a photo about people breaking covid rules.

I think she wants to be noticed so she can be in Biebs next 3D movie. Then she can marry with him when he separates from wife

wobblehead
20-01-21, 06:12
If I was nurse (I hope one day) I think I would want to help sick persons recover, not be specialist about dying patients who cannot get better. I find that really creepy.

I decided to stop watching tv news. I am ok reading here because it is not about my country but it still make me feel sad. This virus is so horrid and ghastly that it feels like I am having a bad dream but it is real.

Scass
20-01-21, 06:44
Thanks I really so trying to avoid the news as I have been having panic attacks every night due to it. :)

It’s good you are trying to avoid it, try harder. Remember they get paid for clicks, so they use the most shocking headlines and then the stories are often without actual facts.
Maybe you could try only getting your news from one reliable source (not the daily Mail) and start deleting anyone that scares you from your social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scass
20-01-21, 06:47
I decided to stop watching tv news. I am ok reading here because it is not about my country but it still make me feel sad. This virus is so horrid and ghastly that it feels like I am having a bad dream but it is real.

I think a lot of people have stopped watching it too. I don’t click on the links and I don’t read any news feeds. I now get my news from an ex journalist on Instagram. She fact checks the headlines and points out any scare tactics. She also shares really useful links. Although some days I have to skip her too.

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 06:48
Why am I not surprised Terry :roflmao:

I thought I was quite restrained there. It's not like I mentioned stiffies. Or putting up field buildings being more Matt's area as we recently saw his credentials in the impressive erection dept. :winks::roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 06:56
I've been seething all day Pulisa. It would've been my partners mums 80th birthday today. We went to the crem and the chapel of remembrance was closed due to covid, you then drive home to see Wren kitchens and all the takeaways etc open with lots of people in them! I don't get it, well I do actually, it's all about the dosh!

Sorry to hear this, Matt. Your partner must be very upset at losing this link to her mum. :hugs:

This is what I find very upsetting; all these poor people who have been denied that final physical contact and had to use a video link to perform one of the most important duties you ever have in your life. Yet we can all go down the pub.

I'm so grateful I haven't been in this situation. I don't know how these people did it. Why can you go abroad then quarantine yet not be able to hug someone dying then quarantine? I know the doctors have to be very careful but you would think with strict PPE and hygiene, enforced by the nurses, they could have been in there?

phil06
20-01-21, 10:47
It’s good you are trying to avoid it, try harder. Remember they get paid for clicks, so they use the most shocking headlines and then the stories are often without actual facts.
Maybe you could try only getting your news from one reliable source (not the daily Mail) and start deleting anyone that scares you from your social media.

I use alternative sources which question lockdown like on Youtube or Talk radio. I think a balance is good but I defo feel the media are paying for clicks I heard they are becoming richer due to covid. Seems they are playing the government narrative of fear. But nobody seems to mind the media playing this game.

Lencoboy
20-01-21, 13:01
I think that the message behind it is that too many people aren't following the rules and if they did the world in general wouldn't be in such a mess.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that too many people aren't following the rules and think this whole affair is a jolly joke and they're invincible.

But it's not just the UK, and I agree this country has its problems and our govt have certainly been weak in their handling of the Covid situation, but I do feel as though the UK is once again being unfairly singled out as the laughing stock of the world, when people in other countries are also deliberately failing to adhere to the Covid rules, but as per usual, the UK gets it in the neck the most!

Lencoboy
20-01-21, 13:05
I use alternative sources which question lockdown like on Youtube or Talk radio. I think a balance is good but I defo feel the media are paying for clicks I heard they are becoming richer due to covid. Seems they are playing the government narrative of fear. But nobody seems to mind the media playing this game.

The MSM always revel in crises Phil.
Twas ever thus I'm afraid.

This time next year I can almost guarantee they will be revelling in the next big hyped-up crisis, real or imaginary!

fishman65
20-01-21, 13:36

Phill - will your customs let her back in with that frog tattooed on her arm? TV programmes are always telling us how strict your guys are over bringing wild life in :biggrin:I have 3 or 4 masks that are black, they just happen to be that colour but I like the design.

On the Aussie bashing, let's not forget a lot of those guys laid down their lives for 'The Mother Country' in both world wars.

fishman65
20-01-21, 13:49
I agree with you wholeheartedly that too many people aren't following the rules and think this whole affair is a jolly joke and they're invincible.

But it's not just the UK, and I agree this country has its problems and our govt have certainly been weak in their handling of the Covid situation, but I do feel as though the UK is once again being unfairly singled out as the laughing stock of the world, when people in other countries are also deliberately failing to adhere to the Covid rules, but as per usual, the UK gets it in the neck the most!I agree LB. Certainly on the vaccination roll out nobody is laughing at us, we're ahead of the pack. And the reasons why some countries have fared better than others are multi layered. Its not just about behaviour. Australia is a vast country geographically but relatively small population. The UK by contrast is way smaller with about 68M people or so. Also the UK is a hub for international air travel, though I see Priti Patel is saying we should have closed all our borders last March. Slightly late now.

pulisa
20-01-21, 14:10
On a lighter note...

My car is having to self-isolate at the garage where a mechanic has just tested positive and the whole place has immediately shut down. The car can't be released without a negative covid test...

fishman65
20-01-21, 15:24
On a lighter note...

My car is having to self-isolate at the garage where a mechanic has just tested positive and the whole place has immediately shut down. The car can't be released without a negative covid test...LOL Pulisa

BikerMatt
20-01-21, 16:11
On a lighter note...

My car is having to self-isolate at the garage where a mechanic has just tested positive and the whole place has immediately shut down. The car can't be released without a negative covid test...

You've not been using red diesel have you Pulisa? I've read the current car covid test can detect such a crime!

Lencoboy
20-01-21, 16:26
I agree LB. Certainly on the vaccination roll out nobody is laughing at us, we're ahead of the pack. And the reasons why some countries have fared better than others are multi layered. Its not just about behaviour. Australia is a vast country geographically but relatively small population. The UK by contrast is way smaller with about 68M people or so. Also the UK is a hub for international air travel, though I see Priti Patel is saying we should have closed all our borders last March. Slightly late now.

I agree with you about the vaccine rollout, but sadly, despite that, many still seem to gleefully revel in trumpeting how crap we are with nearly everything in general, but like I've already said, basically every country in the world has its specific strengths and weaknesses, but sadly many of us Brits ourselves seem to revel in the latter and still continue to look to countries like Spain with rose-tinted specs and still stand by the myth that their quality of life is far superior and fairer compared to ours, often despite evidence to the contrary.

And this is the first time I've actually ever agreed with anything Priti has said, despite being almost a year too late!

But of course Bozzer didn't want to deprive his die-hard voters of their beloved ritual foreign holidays and risk economic collapse, which would have been inevitable whatever the event and regardless of who was in power.

BikerMatt
20-01-21, 16:44
I agree with you about the vaccine rollout, but sadly, despite that, many still seem to gleefully revel in trumpeting how crap we are with nearly everything in general, but like I've already said, basically every country in the world has its specific strengths and weaknesses, but sadly many of us Brits ourselves seem to revel in the latter and still continue to look to countries like Spain with rose-tinted specs and still stand by the myth that their quality of life is far superior and fairer compared to ours, often despite evidence to the contrary.

And this is the first time I've actually ever agreed with anything Priti has said, despite being almost a year too late!

But of course Bozzer didn't want to deprive his die-hard voters of their beloved ritual foreign holidays and risk economic collapse, which would have been inevitable whatever the event and regardless of who was in power.

We are a laughing stock, and the reason we've had to be efficient with rolling out the vaccine is because it is now our only option as the whole thing has been a complete and utter balls up from day one.

fishman65
20-01-21, 16:51
Relationship with daughter is positively glacial now. Anyone here thinking about having kids? Don't.

Lencoboy
20-01-21, 16:51
We are a laughing stock, and the reason we've had to be efficient with rolling out the vaccine is because it is now our only option as the whole thing has been a complete and utter balls up from day one.

What about France, vaccine wise?

But then again many of the French so far have been relatively unethusiastic about being vaccinated period, and notorious for believing in a lot of the CT and antivaxx nonsense!

fishman65
20-01-21, 16:59
Yes Priti Patel said it at the time (early last year) about closing the borders, but was overruled. But then the WHO told everyone to keep flying.

pulisa
20-01-21, 17:01
You've not been using red diesel have you Pulisa? I've read the current car covid test can detect such a crime!

As far as I was aware the diesel I bought was politically neutral...

BikerMatt
20-01-21, 17:08
What about France, vaccine wise?

But then again many of the French so far have been relatively unethusiastic about being vaccinated period, and notorious for believing in a lot of the CT and antivaxx nonsense!

We are only behind America, Brazil, India and Mexico in the way this has been handled. Two of which are run by lunatics and the other two people are crammed in like sardines and one of which large parts are lacking in basic sanitation.

Lenco I wasn't having a go, don't want to list all of our governments failings and the publics attitudes, but we've been failed, which in my view, makes us a laughing stock.

Lencoboy
20-01-21, 18:27
We are only behind America, Brazil, India and Mexico in the way this has been handled. Two of which are run by lunatics and the other two people are crammed in like sardines and one of which large parts are lacking in basic sanitation.

Lenco I wasn't having a go, don't want to list all of our governments failings and the publics attitudes, but we've been failed, which in my view, makes us a laughing stock.

Well at least one of those so-called 'lunatics' has officially departed the WH today. Hurrah!!

Changing the record a bit, I haven't heard of any Norovirus epidemics so far this season, though I'm more than happy to be informed otherwise.

BTW, I do have a bit of an upset stomach myself ATM, but not quite NV though.

fishman65
20-01-21, 18:31

Lenco I wasn't having a go, don't want to list all of our governments failings and the publics attitudes, but we've been failed, which in my view, makes us a laughing stock.Matt, the lack of basic sanitation, you mean the US?

AntsyVee
20-01-21, 20:24
Matt, the lack of basic sanitation, you mean the US?

Hey! We have sanitation :p We aren't that backwards!

pulisa
20-01-21, 20:27
That's just fake news....

glassgirlw
20-01-21, 20:37
Hey! We have sanitation :p We aren't that backwards!

:roflmao:I think it depends what part of the country you’re in :roflmao:

AntsyVee
20-01-21, 20:54
LOL I don't count Alabama and Mississippi as states :p

Pamplemousse
20-01-21, 21:51

MEEEOWWWW!!! Saucer of cream for Vee :roflmao:

glassgirlw
20-01-21, 22:38

You left out Arkansas. :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 22:44
Did I recently see a woman taking a dump on a beach in Cali behind an embarrassed reporter? It made me think of you, Vee :sofa:

(That you're there, not that it was you! :roflmao:)

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 22:46

An extra finger can be helpful when you're playing the organ :yesyes:

(No, Matt, I meant the kind found in a church :whistles::winks:)

AntsyVee
21-01-21, 00:24
Did I recently see a woman taking a dump on a beach in Cali behind an embarrassed reporter? It made me think of you, Vee :sofa:

(That you're there, not that it was you! :roflmao:)

LMAO :hugs: Well, the beach does kinda look like a giant sandbox...

We do attract some weirdos out here.

But no state is as weird as Florida. They have all new breed of people down there LOL We forgot to include FL on our list, glassgirl!

MyNameIsTerry
21-01-21, 01:11
LMAO :hugs: Well, the beach does kinda look like a giant sandbox...

We do attract some weirdos out here.

But no state is as weird as Florida. They have all new breed of people down there LOL We forgot to include FL on our list, glassgirl!

So if you hear "say hello to my little friend" in Florida it might be more appropriate to cover yours eyes these days? :ohmy::blush:

glassgirlw
21-01-21, 01:38
UGH I totally forgot Florida. So what we’re saying then, is the lower southeast part of the country. LOL.

I will say I’ve vacationed along the panhandle in FL and it was beautiful. Had a great time. But - there are some interesting characters down that way for sure LOL

AntsyVee
21-01-21, 01:48
UGH I totally forgot Florida. So what we’re saying then, is the lower southeast part of the country. LOL.

I will say I’ve vacationed along the panhandle in FL and it was beautiful. Had a great time. But - there are some interesting characters down that way for sure LOL

Pretty much, but it looks like we have to keep Georgia now! LOL

glassgirlw
21-01-21, 01:51
Pretty much, but it looks like we have to keep Georgia now! LOL

They did prove very useful over the last month. :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
21-01-21, 02:15
Also saw this yesterday:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-couple-accused-of-having-sex-on-myrtle-beach-ferris-wheel-20210119-hk7uhu3h6ranbicytasw74fuva-story.html

Not sure if this was a 'family outing' :winks:

AntsyVee
21-01-21, 04:25
SC is weird, but they’re not as bad as Florida!

wobblehead
21-01-21, 05:38
In Britain and US can you buy fashion masks?

In Quebec you can buy masks with pretty designs and names of sports teams. I think also British soccer teams like Manchester and Liverpool

At firsts I thought how silly but actually I think it is a good idea if it makes people to want to wear one.

pulisa
21-01-21, 08:22

In Quebec you can buy masks with pretty designs and names of sports teams. I think also British soccer teams like Manchester and Liverpool

At firsts I thought how silly but actually I think it is a good idea if it makes people to want to wear one.

I wonder whether people can buy a Troll mask in Norway?

glassgirlw
21-01-21, 11:23

You can, yes. I’ve actually bought quite a bit of fun fabric and sewn masks - what feels like hundreds of masks lol - and donated them to friends and family, and local organizations that were having problems getting masks during the start of all this. Now the masks are easier to find so I haven’t had to sew anymore. And I have to say, I’m enjoying sewing for fun again rather than for necessity!!

phil06
21-01-21, 11:39
I read an alarming story about someone with a sniffle like blocked nose died 38 with covid I mean doesn’t cheer me up I did read under 40 is a 1% risk according to BBC. Sadly there is no way to tell how mild it may be. But yeah these stories make you think everybody under 40 is dying of it to be honest that’s what I fear.

Gary A
21-01-21, 12:49
I read an alarming story about someone with a sniffle like blocked nose died 38 with covid I mean doesn’t cheer me up I did read under 40 is a 1% risk according to BBC. Sadly there is no way to tell how mild it may be. But yeah these stories make you think everybody under 40 is dying of it to be honest that’s what I fear.

Well that’s simply not true. Does it happen? Yes, unfortunately it does. It’s rare though, and, not to sound ageist in any way, the vast majority of mortality is in those over 65.

However, certain conditions like diabetes, heart disease and most lung conditions can raise that risk dramatically if you’re any age. It’s also likely that people in this category will have lower immune responses to vaccines. This is why it’s imperative to get as many people vaccinated as possible, and it’s also why you’re on to plums if you think companies involved in taking people into crowded tubes and firing them 37,000 feet in the air are going to somehow cave to your demands, frankly.

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 13:35
Well that’s simply not true. Does it happen? Yes, unfortunately it does. It’s rare though, and, not to sound ageist in any way, the vast majority of mortality is in those over 65.

However, certain conditions like diabetes, heart disease and most lung conditions can raise that risk dramatically if you’re any age. It’s also likely that people in this category will have lower immune responses to vaccines. This is why it’s imperative to get as many people vaccinated as possible, and it’s also why you’re on to plums if you think companies involved in taking people into crowded tubes and firing them 37,000 feet in the air are going to somehow cave to your demands, frankly.

It does seem to me that the media are now clutching at straws, as there are various conflicting stories in the news about vaccine efficacy and 'researchers' now suggesting that cases in England may still have continued to increase this month despite the lockdown and previous evidence to the contrary, since at least the 9th of Jan.

My dad reckons it's partly because Trump having now gone and the media are probably looking for stuff to fill the gaps in their repertoire of headline material, plus it's also perfect fodder for the anti-lockdowners and antivaxxers who are itching to gleefully trumpet 'I told you so' with regards to their 'vaccines and/or lockdowns not working' agendas.

phil06
21-01-21, 16:30

Thanks I know I should stay off the news but I feel I need to stay informed but sadly these stories can be a trigger for my anxiety.

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 16:31
It does seem to me that the media are now clutching at straws, as there are various conflicting stories in the news about vaccine efficacy and 'researchers' now suggesting that cases in England may still have continued to increase this month despite the lockdown and previous evidence to the contrary, since at least the 9th of Jan.

My dad reckons it's partly because Trump having now gone and the media are probably looking for stuff to fill the gaps in their repertoire of headline material, plus it's also perfect fodder for the anti-lockdowners and antivaxxers who are itching to gleefully trumpet 'I told you so' with regards to their 'vaccines and/or lockdowns not working' agendas.

I had a more in-depth look at the article on the BBC website today about the REACT study which seems to be causing a fair amount of confusion right now, and it partly says what has actually happened.

It stated that the period covered was the 6th to the 15th of January, which is only 9 days, so doesn't really tell us that much.

Cases did continue to increase during the most part of the first week of this current lockdown, (so far) peaking on Friday 8th Jan (68k cases), and we have since had the odd upward day-to-day fluctuations, though still waaay below the existing high of 68k recorded on Friday 8th Jan.

Cases are still down today on both yesterday (Wednesday 20th Jan) and last Thursday (14th Jan), so IMO that REACT study thing seems like a bit of a non-story.

phil06
21-01-21, 16:38
I read lockdown will last until summer that’s what Boris says today. Reason so it’s the last lockdown seemingly..

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 16:43
I read lockdown will last until summer that’s what Boris says today. Reason so it’s the last lockdown seemingly..

Not strictly true, Phil.

According to the BBC website, he actually said something like he can't promise anything about spring relaxations of restrictions at this stage, not that the current lockdown will definitely continue into the summer.

It's something that's still unfortunately in the lap of the gods right now, but let's just wait and see, and take it as it comes, rather than simply jump to conclusions.

phil06
21-01-21, 16:50
Not strictly true, Phil.

According to the BBC website, he actually said something like he can't promise anything about spring relaxations of restrictions at this stage, not that the current lockdown will definitely continue into the summer.

It's something that's still unfortunately in the lap of the gods right now, but let's just wait and see, and take it as it comes, rather than simply jump to conclusions.

Daily Mail. The newspapers said summer aswell. May aswell prepare ourselves I fear unlike last year this lockdown May last longer.

phil06
21-01-21, 17:28
Seen this on Twitter

“Just left zoom meeting with Israeli Health Minister.

Very interested to hear that Israel is not vaccinating people who have had Covid.

He said there’s no point as they have immunity. Makes sense - saves time and cost of wasted vaccines.

Why aren’t we doing the same here?”

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 17:38
Seen this on Twitter

Very interested to hear that Israel is not vaccinating people who have had Covid.

He said there’s no point as they have immunity. Makes sense - saves time and cost of wasted vaccines.

Surely I just read this exact same post from you on your other thread about your intended legal pursuits.

Scass
21-01-21, 17:42
Seen this on Twitter

Because we don’t know for sure how long immunity lasts.

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 17:46
Daily Mail. The newspapers said summer aswell. May aswell prepare ourselves I fear unlike last year this lockdown May last longer.

Well you should know full well by now what the Daily Fail are almost always playing at!

Ditto for a lot of the other odious rival publications like the Daily Depress, The Scum, etc!

I wouldn't even use them to line a cat's litter tray or a rabbit hutch with, let alone buy and read religiously, and inadvertently believe every word as gospel!

pulisa
21-01-21, 17:52
Thanks I know I should stay off the news but I feel I need to stay informed but sadly these stories can be a trigger for my anxiety.

You will feel the need to know "everything" but it's easy to misinterpret information and spiral uncontrollably. You need to have full control but trying to do this leaves you open to fear and catastrophising. Too much "information" is a huge trigger as you know. How could you limit your exposure to the media? How else could you spend your time when not at work?

phil06
21-01-21, 17:54
You will feel the need to know "everything" but it's easy to misinterpret information and spiral uncontrollably. You need to have full control but trying to do this leaves you open to fear and catastrophising. Too much "information" is a huge trigger as you know. How could you limit your exposure to the media? How else could you spend your time when not at work?

Not too sure I spend a lot of time using my phone reading news. I have games consoles but don’t use them often. There isn’t too much to do in the house I’m not a fan of reading books.

Lencoboy
21-01-21, 18:44

Like I said earlier, the media today have been harping on about the REACT study, which insists that Covid cases have been increasing in January, despite the lockdown, and also despite evidence to the contrary in the official stats (unless there have been wilful cover-ups of course).

Again, this doesn't really tell us anything IMO, as A; we're still only two-thirds of the way through January, with still another 10 days left to go, so a bit premature to single out the entire month at this stage, and B; the time-scale covered is the 6th to the 15th Jan, and to-date the highest daily cases this month were on Friday 8th (68k), which was 2 days into the covered time-scale, plus the odd upward blips since then, albeit nowhere near as high as on 8th Jan.

It's as if the media just seem desperate to bang out any old pony right now, especially with Trump's tenure now over and nothing much else exciting going on right now. And of course playing up to people like Phil, and probably myself, to a certain extent, and getting swept up in all the frenzy.

Though of course, everything should ultimately be viewed in context and put into perspective, rather than taken at face value and inadvertently blown out of proportion, which I have tried to do with the Covid REACT study thing today.

phil06
21-01-21, 19:24
Yes I admit I have struggled today the 38 year old story set me off I’ve felt depersonalised weak and my appetite is away as I feel worried sick. The media don’t care how this affects people. Glastonbury got cancelled today that rules out many events this year. I do worry 2021 could be a worse 2020. They told us better by Easter but I really feel at this rate we are going to be forced into vaccination. I read someone go got first dose got infected too. My own area has 101 new infections a day which is probably quite a low number but it’s still a worry as it doesn’t seem to be improving?

pulisa
21-01-21, 19:35
You said that you did media studies when you were a student? Could you start to write a travel blog about places you have visited by rail/Eurostar?

phil06
21-01-21, 19:48
You said that you did media studies when you were a student? Could you start to write a travel blog about places you have visited by rail/Eurostar?

I did media studies and we studied why they put dramatic stories in the newspaper but it was around 14 years ago so a bit vague. I also worked in a health food store so know about good medicines for anxiety but that was same time as college. And yes I could write about my time abroad but I find it difficult as right now it feels I will never get abroad again I mean I know that’s rash but that’s my worry. I did sort of go into travel blogging on Twitter but I got bored I actually use to run my own forums 15 years ago too but again I got bored of that. I purchased a keyboard in March lockdown and I also got bored of that too

fishman65
21-01-21, 19:52
Not too sure I spend a lot of time using my phone reading news. I have games consoles but don’t use them often. There isn’t too much to do in the house I’m not a fan of reading books.Books are escape for me Phil. What kind of genre would you like? Thomas Hardy 'Far from the Madding Crowd'? 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck? You can leave the real world behind.

pulisa
21-01-21, 19:57
I did media studies and we studied why they put dramatic stories in the newspaper but it was around 14 years ago so a bit vague. I also worked in a health food store so know about good medicines for anxiety but that was same time as college. And yes I could write about my time abroad but I find it difficult as right now it feels I will never get abroad again I mean I know that’s rash but that’s my worry. I did sort of go into travel blogging on Twitter but I got bored I actually use to run my own forums 15 years ago too but again I got bored of that. I purchased a keyboard in March lockdown and I also got bored of that too

Anxiety feeds off boredom though. Is there anything that you don't get bored of quickly?

pulisa
21-01-21, 19:58
Books are escape for me Phil. What kind of genre would you like? Thomas Hardy 'Far from the Madding Crowd'? 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck? You can leave the real world behind.

They are an escape for me too, Fishman.

phil06
21-01-21, 19:58
Books are escape for me Phil. What kind of genre would you like? Thomas Hardy 'Far from the Madding Crowd'? 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck? You can leave the real world behind.

I have some autobiography’s which are gathering dust I got them about 5 Christmas ago. I have managed to read some anxiety books too.

phil06
21-01-21, 19:59
Anxiety feeds off boredom though. Is there anything that you don't get bored of quickly?

Work to be honest. I think that’s the only time I feel normal. At home I just find too much time to google and look at news. Social media too.

AntsyVee
21-01-21, 20:05
So do some volunteer work. I have a lot you could do if you're willing...

pulisa
21-01-21, 20:45
Work to be honest. I think that’s the only time I feel normal. At home I just find too much time to google and look at news. Social media too.

I thought you said that you didn't like working though?!

My son is the same re work. He is completely lost at home without a work schedule and tends to ruminate on all his insecurities.

phil06
21-01-21, 22:11
I thought you said that you didn't like working though?!

My son is the same re work. He is completely lost at home without a work schedule and tends to ruminate on all his insecurities.

I moved jobs a year ago to another branch so work is a little better. I struggle to keep busy to be honest most nights I feel anxious and need to try and do relaxation each night. I think COVID is the reason as it’s a daily issue. Some people can distract from it but I struggle.

AntsyVee
22-01-21, 00:05
You never let yourself relax from covid when you watch the damn news 24/7.

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 01:49
You can, yes. I’ve actually bought quite a bit of fun fabric and sewn masks - what feels like hundreds of masks lol - and donated them to friends and family, and local organizations that were having problems getting masks during the start of all this. Now the masks are easier to find so I haven’t had to sew anymore. And I have to say, I’m enjoying sewing for fun again rather than for necessity!!

Nice work! :yesyes::yahoo:

wobblehead
22-01-21, 01:53
Hi Phill06

I'm sorry to read about your anxiety but I think you are very selfish. Everybody here has a problem with anxiety but are very kind to hep you but you only give reasons why you cannot be helped. I am amazed that you are able to work. Many persons here want to work but cannot work because of bad anxiety. So I think your anxiety is not so bad as you pretend it is. Maybe you enjoy to complain I dont know. I think I saw your username on anothet forum also. How do you find the time ti write so much? It is not good for your anxiety and it is not fair on another persons here. I am sorry about your poor wife and work colleagues also. Please have more consideration for other people and stop writing trash or I will have to block your posts.

wobblehead
22-01-21, 05:28
Hi Phil06

I am sorry ti be net troll but I found you on two mental health forums. I am not a member of them but sometimes read the entries about agoraphobia.

I think you should find a hobby like some persons suggest.

Why not become a Belieber? He is perhaps about the same age as you. He was a very lonely child because his dad left him when he was small and his mom was always busy. But he overcame his anxiety and loneliness and made music which millioins of people can enjoy.

He must be an inspiration to people with anxiety.

NoraB
22-01-21, 05:47
He must be an inspiration to people with anxiety.

Not to this person with anxiety he isn't. :roflmao:

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 17:55
Hi Phill06

I'm sorry to read about your anxiety but I think you are very selfish. Everybody here has a problem with anxiety but are very kind to hep you but you only give reasons why you cannot be helped. I am amazed that you are able to work. Many persons here want to work but cannot work because of bad anxiety. So I think your anxiety is not so bad as you pretend it is. Maybe you enjoy to complain I dont know. I think I saw your username on anothet forum also. How do you find the time ti write so much? It is not good for your anxiety and it is not fair on another persons here. I am sorry about your poor wife and work colleagues also. Please have more consideration for other people and stop writing trash or I will have to block your posts.

I agree with you Wobblehead.

Although I don't normally like slagging off other forum members as it is generally not in my nature, but Phil does seem to be hogging a lot of these threads lately, and forever going round in circles, regardless whatever advice he receives.

And I really can't be doing with people who are forever obsessing over holidays abroad, as if it's some god-given right, especially in this current climate!

Yes, I thoroughly accept I'm out of order, but.........................................

Pamplemousse
22-01-21, 18:16
I agree with you Wobblehead.

Although I don't normally like slagging off other forum members as it is generally not in my nature, but Phil does seem to be hogging a lot of these threads lately, and forever going round in circles, regardless whatever advice he receives.

And I really can't be doing with people who are forever obsessing over holidays abroad, as if it's some god-given right, especially in this current climate!

Yes, I thoroughly accept I'm out of order, but.........................................
You most certainly are NOT, Lencoboy. If anyone's out of order, it's Phil.

If posters can be excluded from posting in certain parts of the forum, now might be the time to implement that.

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 20:08
Well, on a more positive note, the R-rate has dropped this week (approx 0.8-1.0), the underlying trend for daily cases is also down on last week, plus 5 million people in the UK have now had their first jabs.

Toby2000
22-01-21, 20:16
TRIGGER WARNING

What's this about the mortality rate of the new strain being higher? Should we be worried?

fishman65
22-01-21, 20:32
TRIGGER WARNING

What's this about the mortality rate of the new strain being higher? Should we be worried?Very slightly, 10 in a 1000 is now 13 or 14 in a 1000. Still 13 or 14 too many though.

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 20:34
You most certainly are NOT, Lencoboy. If anyone's out of order, it's Phil.

If posters can be excluded from posting in certain parts of the forum, now might be the time to implement that.

This has all come up before. Not only did a repetitive poster take enforced breaks but people who wouldn't stop joining their threads to make inflammatory comments were false thread banned after many requests they continued to ignore.

Be careful what you wish for. There are 2 way problems in these threads.

No one is being forced to read anything. Plenty of other threads and people who want help who are getting less support.

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 20:38
For Fishman...

TRIGGER WARNING

https://media.tenor.com/images/e20db812196bfb4a70077eaf624ecd0e/tenor.gif

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 20:45
TRIGGER WARNING

What's this about the mortality rate of the new strain being higher? Should we be worried?

Daily Mail eat your heart out!!

pulisa
22-01-21, 21:04
Anyone care to predict the Daily Fail's headline tomorrow morning....

No doubt "Killer" will feature somewhere prominently along with some powerfully emotive verb and a chilling prophecy of doom and devastation..

Not forgetting a plug for the Saturday mag supplement containing some z-lister's Covid diet plan and a feature on lockdown house improvements to get stuck into in between those bursts of mindfulness..

fishman65
22-01-21, 21:21
For Fishman...

https://media.tenor.com/images/e20db812196bfb4a70077eaf624ecd0e/tenor.gifAww thanks Terry. Is that the broom that's lasted Trig a lifetime? Only 23 new heads and 14 new handles :D

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 21:26
Aww thanks Terry. Is that the broom that's lasted Trig a lifetime? Only 23 new heads and 14 new handles :D

That's the one. Did you know they awarded him a medal for saving the council so much money? :yesyes:

fishman65
22-01-21, 21:26

No doubt "Killer" will feature somewhere prominently along with some powerfully emotive verb and a chilling prophecy of doom and devastation..

Not forgetting a plug for the Saturday mag supplement containing some z-lister's Covid diet plan and a feature on lockdown house improvements to get stuck into in between those bursts of mindfulness..How about 'Mutant Virus Much Deadlier'? or 'Killer Mutant Cases Soar'? They love 'soar'.

BikerMatt
22-01-21, 21:30
That's the one. Did you know they awarded him a medal for saving the council so much money? :yesyes:

Two decades he had it for wasn't it? Although Trig wouldn't go that far Dave.

fishman65
22-01-21, 21:31
That's the one. Did you know they awarded him a medal for saving the council so much money? :yesyes:LOL I forgot about that bit. The writing for that show was brilliant.

Trig - us road sweepers have an old saying.
Rodney - oh yeah?
Trig - yeah. 'Look after your broom'.
Rodney - 'What, and your broom will look after you?'
Trig - 'Nah, look after your broom'. Silence.

fishman65
22-01-21, 21:34
Two decades he had it for wasn't it? Although Trig wouldn't go that far Dave.LOL Matt :D

pulisa
22-01-21, 21:34
"Killer Strain Rips Through South" "Deadly Variant Threatens Vaccine Roll Out" "Britain Prepares For Killer Variant Invasion"

I'm sure their hacks will be salivating tonight...

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 21:38

Not forgetting a plug for the Saturday mag supplement containing some z-lister's Covid diet plan and a feature on lockdown house improvements to get stuck into in between those bursts of mindfulness..

They'll be having an epic field day, that's a dead cert!

Ditto The Scum and the Daily Depress!

Those rags will most certainly be revelling in all the dosh amid all the inevitable hysteria to come!!

fishman65
22-01-21, 21:39
"Killer Strain Rips Through South" "Deadly Variant Threatens Vaccine Roll Out" "Britain Prepares For Killer Variant Invasion"

I'm sure their hacks will be salivating tonight...Oh they're much better than mine Pulisa!! You should be a respected journalist.

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 21:41
Oh they're much better than mine Pulisa!! You should be a respected journalist.

Nice that we're havin' a bit of a larf about all this on here ATM, rather than working ourselves up into hysterical frenzies!

Pamplemousse
22-01-21, 21:46

Actually...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsXZ6p7WMAc7ceX?format=jpg&name=medium

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 21:46
Currently referenced on the BMJ site:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-real-world-analysis-of-vaccine-in-israel-raises-questions-about-uk-strategy-12192751?awc=11005_1611351692_5b81fba15a04c26f957e c52eeeaad6bb&dcmp=afc-85386-na-na-longtail&dclid=CjgKEAiAjKqABhCakpP0peCx834SJADEa9iWWRC7zJcb TpRD3x5OSf5IIXC6qJ0rbgRgpm2irdfMJvD_BwE

Gary A
22-01-21, 21:50
Very slightly, 10 in a 1000 is now 13 or 14 in a 1000. Still 13 or 14 too many though.

Oddly enough though, that number isn’t consistent with deaths in hospital settings, which is where most deaths occur. When the data is gathered from hospital deaths, there is absolutely no difference in mortality whatsoever. Given that a hospital is where most deaths occur and is probably about the most controlled environment from which to gather this type of data, I think given enough time it’s not unlikely that this will turn out to be to do with increased infection rates rather than an actual increased mortality risk.

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 21:57
Two decades he had it for wasn't it? Although Trig wouldn't go that far Dave.

LOL I forgot about that bit. The writing for that show was brilliant.

Trig - us road sweepers have an old saying.
Rodney - oh yeah?
Trig - yeah. 'Look after your broom'.
Rodney - 'What, and your broom will look after you?'
Trig - 'Nah, look after your broom'. Silence.

I blame all those plates of British beef :biggrin:

BikerMatt
22-01-21, 22:03
I blame all those plates of British beef :biggrin:

Nah it must've been the mind your head sign...... "Didn't you see it Trig?" "YES, but back then I couldn't read" :D

fishman65
22-01-21, 22:03
Oddly enough though, that number isn’t consistent with deaths in hospital settings, which is where most deaths occur. When the data is gathered from hospital deaths, there is absolutely no difference in mortality whatsoever. Given that a hospital is where most deaths occur and is probably about the most controlled environment from which to gather this type of data, I think given enough time it’s not unlikely that this will turn out to be to do with increased infection rates rather than an actual increased mortality risk.Do you reckon this could be a 'compliance motivation' tactic Gary? If it is, its fine by me.

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-21, 22:18
Nah it must've been the mind your head sign...... "Didn't you see it Trig?" "YES, but back then I couldn't read" :D

:biggrin:

If not the beef maybe he ate that sausage his mate Tony Angelino had down his trousers. :ohmy::blush:

BikerMatt
22-01-21, 22:30
:biggrin:

If not the beef maybe he ate that sausage his mate Tony Angelino had down his trousers. :ohmy::blush:

:roflmao::yesyes::roflmao:

glassgirlw
22-01-21, 22:52
Oddly enough though, that number isn’t consistent with deaths in hospital settings, which is where most deaths occur. When the data is gathered from hospital deaths, there is absolutely no difference in mortality whatsoever. Given that a hospital is where most deaths occur and is probably about the most controlled environment from which to gather this type of data, I think given enough time it’s not unlikely that this will turn out to be to do with increased infection rates rather than an actual increased mortality risk.

I think it’s absolutely tied to higher infection rates. 1% of 10,000 cases will be lower than 1% of 100,000 cases (or whatever the actual mortality rate turns out to be). That’s what they’re saying over here anyway. I guess only time will tell for sure.

Gary A
22-01-21, 23:09
Do you reckon this could be a 'compliance motivation' tactic Gary? If it is, its fine by me.

I would hope that the scientists behind such studies would be above such tactics, but to be honest nothing would surprise me these days. The last year has been utterly insane.

Honestly, Boris Johnson could stand at his podium and pull his mask off to reveal Donald Trump underneath and at this point I don’t even think I’d blink.

phil06
22-01-21, 23:19
I seen another story bbc this time about people 31 and 36 on oxygen. I have definitely noticed an increase in scare stories. I believe I read a few weeks back the government wanted the media to film in hospitals to make people listen to the lockdown. Course this increases my anxiety my first thought is everybody is getting ill and they say today more deadly to make people worry more. They would have us believing millions are dying of COVID that’s how it feels.

Gary A
22-01-21, 23:28
I seen another story bbc this time about people 31 and 36 on oxygen. I have definitely noticed an increase in scare stories. I believe I read a few weeks back the government wanted the media to film in hospitals to make people listen to the lockdown. Course this increases my anxiety my first thought is everybody is getting ill and they say today more deadly to make people worry more. They would have us believing millions are dying of COVID that’s how it feels.

All you need to do is have a peruse through any version you have of social media, it’s absolutely crawling with people who aren’t remotely interested in taking this seriously.

I don’t condone scaremongering, but I absolutely condone showing the reality of the situation to folk who have their head jammed up their arse.

phil06
22-01-21, 23:32
All you need to do is have a peruse through any version you have of social media, it’s absolutely crawling with people who aren’t remotely interested in taking this seriously.

I don’t condone scaremongering, but I absolutely condone showing the reality of the situation to folk who have their head jammed up their arse.

I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be? I have spent all days reading news again and have a real fear due to what’s being said on bbc. I don’t hear them say it’s mild now just hear lots of deaths.

Gary A
22-01-21, 23:36
I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be? I have spent all days reading news again and have a real fear due to what’s being said on bbc. I don’t hear them say it’s mild now just hear lots of deaths.

Dr Michael Osterholm, an American epidemiologist, said it best when he was talking about Covid-19.

“I’m not here to scare you out of your wits, I’m here to scare you into your wits.”

Basically, act sensibly, listen to those who know best and you’ll be in a position to not worry much at all.

phil06
22-01-21, 23:40
Thanks.

And we could be locked down until summer do you see normality ever returning like Spanish flu passed?

Gary A
22-01-21, 23:50
Thanks.

And we could be locked down until summer do you see normality ever returning like Spanish flu passed?

Of course I do. In one year we’ve produced multiple vaccines with up to 95% efficacy, developed life saving treatments and developed our understanding of the virus so much that we can now easily identify different strains. Imagine what we’ll be able to do this time next year.

Fishmanpa
23-01-21, 00:30
I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be?

If you refuse to wear a mask or get the vaccine, then you're not taking it seriously and your fear is certainly warranted. Just based on current statistics you'd probably end up Ok but are you willing to take that chance?

FMP

wobblehead
23-01-21, 00:47
Hi Mr. Fishman 1

I am a bit confused now because there is another Fishman in the forum. That's funny

A.nyway it has been a while now. One week maybe? Actually I dont know what day today is because every day is the same for me.

I was amazed to read that your mom is 91. So I guess you are around 60 and daughter 25? I think that is too old to live at family home when both parents have health problems unless she is caring for them, which she is not. Parasite daughter.

Does she give you money for rent? Why not rent her room to a nice Chinese student. The reason I will suggest Chinese is because they have this 'feng shui' thing. I cant really explain but they often open windows to allow air to circulate, even when it is cold outside. I know because I went to a birthday party of a Chinese friend at elementary school. I think you should find a pretty Chinese girl. Then your lazy wife will have to get out of bed!

wobblehead
23-01-21, 02:13
Aaw you guys are sooo horrid about Biebs. I guess you are all Barry Manilow fans. What if Biebs is lurker member in this forum?

Biebs got mad with a Selena Gomez fan on Twitter who told to send hate messages to his wife. That is worse than US President telling his fans to invade Capitol.

I don't understand why anyone likes the music of Selena Gomez. I think she is a good actress but her music sucks. Biebs was much too good for her anyway and she knew it.

MyNameIsTerry
23-01-21, 06:41
Barry Manilow?!!! More a Des O'Connor fan, myself :yesyes:

(I wonder if Eric & Ernie have put in a cloud relocation request to God yet? :biggrin:)

wobblehead
23-01-21, 08:08
My gran is a huuuge fan of Barry Manilow
Somwtimes his song Copacabana gets stuck in my head. Actually I dont mind his songs because they are cheerful
My gran said that all his fans knew he was gay about 40 years before he came out.

NoraB
23-01-21, 09:29
I have 3 or 4 masks that are black, they just happen to be that colour but I like the design.

On the Aussie bashing, let's not forget a lot of those guys laid down their lives for 'The Mother Country' in both world wars.

I had an Australian uncle of aborigine descent. We met him at my nan's house in the back end of the 70s. Him and my aunty had emigrated to Blighty to run a pub. An hour with us and he walked out of the room saying, 'You Poms are giving me the shits!'.:roflmao:

Lencoboy
23-01-21, 09:29
Do you reckon this could be a 'compliance motivation' tactic Gary? If it is, its fine by me.

My dad reckoned last night that it could partly serve as a possible agenda to keep the Covidiots in check, though the BBC website said the newer variant first discovered in the UK 'may' be more deadly, but not absolutely definitely, so basically still not set in stone at this stage.

Should hopefully serve as a more hard-line deterrent for the rule-breakers though!

Lencoboy
23-01-21, 09:37
Actually...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsXZ6p7WMAc7ceX?format=jpg&name=medium

Oh well I never!!

The Fail actually with a socialist-angled front-page headline and campaign?

Wow!

Lencoboy
23-01-21, 09:56
I think it’s absolutely tied to higher infection rates. 1% of 10,000 cases will be lower than 1% of 100,000 cases (or whatever the actual mortality rate turns out to be). That’s what they’re saying over here anyway. I guess only time will tell for sure.

They did actually say yesterday evening that new infections with the 'Kent' variant are currently starting to decline in England, have stabilised in Scotland and Wales, but still sadly becoming more prevalent in NI.

Nevertheless, it's probably best for us all not to jump to conclusions at this stage, but wait and see what the true experts really come up with.

After all, the 'Kent' strain has been present within our shores since around September, and is speculated to have been imported from mainland Europe (they say possibly Spain or Italy), but the authorities never really started taking it seriously until December.

Plus there are other factors for the greater rates of infections, hospitalisations, and eventually, deaths since December, one obvious one us being slap bang in the middle of winter, which is usually when normal flu bugs tend to run riot, though thankfully an absence of the virtually annual Norovirus epidemics this year, which the media have been known to make big songs and dance over during the past 15-20 years at least!

NoraB
23-01-21, 09:58
Oh well I never!!

The Fail actually with a socialist-angled front-page headline and campaign?

Wow!

Makes a change from Z list 'celebrity' tosspots doing power lunges in the middle of the road! (is this news?)

Or Coleen Rooney in one of her billions of bikinis! (is this news?)

Unless I was tripping on my codeine, I'm fairly certain that I read an ENTIRE story in the Daily Mail about some 'celebrity' poncing about with a face mask on (fair play there) doing her shopping and the story was about her YSL purse? Something about 'glamming up her laid back look'? :huh: There was a nice close up shot of her putting 'one bag after another' into the car, and let me tell you - I can rest easy now I know that none of her carrier bags split open, and that she wasn't snapped losing her shit because the trolley wouldn't give the £1 back! PHEW!

Then a paragraph on how nicely her nails are manicured as she holds her mobile phone? (is this news?)

Then a 'sweet' pic of her @rse end lifted from her Instagram. (is this news?)

I'm picturing the inside of DM's offices and I'm seeing unlimited crayons, ball pits and comfy corners for them to take their naps in.

How do people read this SHIT on a daily basis? :ohmy:

Pamplemousse
23-01-21, 10:44
Mail Online is a different beast to the dead tree version, but "celebrity" sells - the paper is now the best-selling title in the UK. It's not for nothing the site became known for its "sidebar of shame"...

pulisa
23-01-21, 13:51
Why is Joe Wicks now ubiquitous?

I can't believe the Fail missed its chance for some truly grisly headlines..

Pamplemousse
23-01-21, 13:57
Why is Joe Wicks now ubiquitous?

I can't believe the Fail missed its chance for some truly grisly headlines..
The Telegraph did it instead.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsXhyTgW4AE8_ml?format=jpg&name=900x900

Joe Wicks just seems to fall into that nice "middle class bubble" of things to do in lockdown that also involves baking bloody banana bread :mad:

pulisa
23-01-21, 14:24
Joe Wicks is yet another "celeb" cashing in on covid and putting himself "out there".....for the good of the nation. He'll probably get an OBE next for services rendered.

BikerMatt
23-01-21, 14:29
Joe Wicks is yet another "celeb" cashing in on covid and putting himself "out there".....for the good of the nation. He'll probably get an OBE next for services rendered.
I very nearly said the same, absolutely cashing in. I'm suprised Robbie Williams hasn't sprung up yet!

Lencoboy
23-01-21, 16:26
Well at least cases are still on a downward trend, back down to 33k today vs 40k yesterday, but this random increase on Fridays now seems to be following something of a pattern, albeit still down week-on-week, but still something of a conundrum nevertheless.

fishman65
23-01-21, 18:10
Well guess what, we had a police officer knock this afternoon as she'd had a report of 'strangers' coming to our house. My daughter has moved out, which I told the officer. I also explained my wife shielding, the officer looked awkward and apologised. Does this make me a 'covidiot'? :wacko:

pulisa
23-01-21, 19:37
Not at all. You have been very responsible. Maybe tell your daughter about the visit in a text? Might make her think a bit?

Do you have any suspicions as to who would have reported you?

Noivous
23-01-21, 19:49
Well guess what, we had a police officer knock this afternoon as she'd had a report of 'strangers' coming to our house. My daughter has moved out, which I told the officer. I also explained my wife shielding, the officer looked awkward and apologised. Does this make me a 'covidiot'? :wacko:

Let me ask F65 - Did the authorities have boots up to their knees?

Buster70
23-01-21, 20:45
Not to out do you fish but I came back from my dog walk and had three cop vans blocking my van in while they arrested a lad , had to walk through six cops to get to my van , only one had a mask actually on his mouth and one stood next to my door again no mask , having a bad day and not it the mood for them I just said are you getting in or moving , he moved and said why where we going ? I said nowhere it’s too f**king muddy, how six cops five without masks to arrest one lad is social distancing I don’t know, you’re not having a blooding party so f**k em

fishman65
23-01-21, 21:22
Pulisa - daughter has been somewhat naive in twice 'letting herself in' since her move. I did point out that she's part of another household now, but that still hardly makes a 100 strong illegal rave. The neighbours with whom we share a drive are very capable of making the report, even though I try my best to get along with them, they are 'difficult'. The fact I answered the door wearing a mask and stood in a silent house, backed up my claims of innocence.

Novious - yes the officer was backed up by a swat team. I was slammed to the floor and cuffed, the odd kick here and there for good measure. The house was turned over while I was hosed down with icy water and forced to confess letting my daughter in to get her belongings.

Buster - yes you have outdone me LOL. Your county's force are clearly more civilised.

AntsyVee
23-01-21, 22:00
Damn, I leave for one morning FM, and you get yourself into trouble! LOL

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:40
Not to out do you fish but I came back from my dog walk and had three cop vans blocking my van in while they arrested a lad , had to walk through six cops to get to my van , only one had a mask actually on his mouth and one stood next to my door again no mask , having a bad day and not it the mood for them I just said are you getting in or moving , he moved and said why where we going ? I said nowhere it’s too f**king muddy, how six cops five without masks to arrest one lad is social distancing I don’t know, you’re not having a blooding party so f**k em

Ah, you made the mistake of giving them grief. I'm surprised they didn't ask to see your dog licence and check the tread on his paws :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:42

No but you can now be famous for finding another case of police overzealousness, well if they didn't act respectfully that is. Only following up a call I guess.

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:44
Pulisa - daughter has been somewhat naive in twice 'letting herself in' since her move. I did point out that she's part of another household now, but that still hardly makes a 100 strong illegal rave. The neighbours with whom we share a drive are very capable of making the report, even though I try my best to get along with them, they are 'difficult'. The fact I answered the door wearing a mask and stood in a silent house, backed up my claims of innocence.

Novious - yes the officer was backed up by a swat team. I was slammed to the floor and cuffed, the odd kick here and there for good measure. The house was turned over while I was hosed down with icy water and forced to confess letting my daughter in to get her belongings.

Buster - yes you have outdone me LOL. Your county's force are clearly more civilised.

Doesn't sound that bad, they let you off without a fine :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:45

He didn't like that being pointed out to him earlier in the year.

Probably get a new book out too.

In the online age doing freebies = profile = greater wealth. Pre online it was the same, if less prolific.

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:53
The fact I answered the door wearing a mask and stood in a silent house, backed up my claims of innocence..

Hang on, just a mask? Nothing else? :ohmy::blush:

Well I suppose Covid has created a new section on Pornhub if nothing else; mask porn :ninja:

Entrepreneurial spirit shown by Fishman just trying to 'prop up' his earnings. :winks:

NoraB
24-01-21, 07:27
Mail Online is a different beast to the dead tree version, but "celebrity" sells - the paper is now the best-selling title in the UK. It's not for nothing the site became known for its "sidebar of shame"...

I just can't read those stories without having to fight the urge to hurl up the contents of my stomach PM. Yes, that sidebar is something else! :roflmao:

Kimberly Garner (who? :huh:) get's pulses racing wearing a purple bikini today...

More stories about coats..

Tina Louise (again, who?) wears a crop top and sweats. I took this one literally and was checking for sweaty patches on her top! :unsure:

Danielle Lloyd (?) looking 'radiant' in her PJ's. *looks down at ancient Stone Roses T shirt (tea and curry stains on it) and tartan PJ bottoms which could do with a wash*

Have already given my face a glance in the mirror when washing hands after wee and I can say with 100% certainty that I do not look radiant. :huh:

Then there's the obligatory pic of Kim Kardashian kneeling on the floor taking a selfie of her breasticles, sorry, bikini.

Not one topless picture of Tom Hardy! :lac:

pulisa
24-01-21, 08:27

I bet your neighbours have a hotline to the local nick....I hope the swat team maintained social distancing whilst "processing" the complaint and that all windows were opened?

fishman65
24-01-21, 14:05
Hang on, just a mask? Nothing else? :ohmy::blush:

Well I suppose Covid has created a new section on Pornhub if nothing else; mask porn :ninja:

Entrepreneurial spirit shown by Fishman just trying to 'prop up' his earnings. :winks:Sorry to disappoint you Terry but I was fully dressed, I didn't want to frighten the poor woman :blush:

fishman65
24-01-21, 14:08
I took Lexie our black lab for a walk along the country lane that I like to frequent.

Coming back I was behind a group of people with dogs. Respectable, middle class and they stopped to chat with three other people of the same ilk. Yet not a mask to be seen, very little social distancing. Do they think Covid only infects sink estates? Covidiots don't necessarily come covered in tattoos.

Pamplemousse
24-01-21, 15:04
I bet your neighbours have a hotline to the local nick....I hope the swat team maintained social distancing whilst "processing" the complaint and that all windows were opened?

Setting aside FM65's circumstances here, at least they did report inappropriate activity.

And yes, I find that covid idiocy transcends social orders too.

phil06
24-01-21, 19:42
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9181865/Nasal-spray-stop-catching-Covid-two-days-available-summer.html

I will take this over a vaccine more tried and trusted methods and no jabs offers good covid protection so a few squirts up the nose before a gig and good to go.

phil06
24-01-21, 19:45
The formula helps prevent infection by capturing the virus in the nose and encapsulating it in a coating which it cannot escape from.

As a result, it would be safe for a person to breathe out -- even if inhaled by another person -- because the virus would be inactive and harmless, the newspaper reports.

pulisa
24-01-21, 19:58
Well if the Mail says it works it's got to be true..

phil06
24-01-21, 20:01
Well if the Mail says it works it's got to be true..

If you google it comes up in other sites plus it’s well known nasal and COVID vaccines are in developments. Why rush for the 1st generation vaccines when nasal sprays, nasal vaccines tablet vaccines are coming that’s my view anyway I would rather wait.

BikerMatt
24-01-21, 20:22
If you google it comes up in other sites plus it’s well known nasal and COVID vaccines are in developments. Why rush for the 1st generation vaccines when nasal sprays, nasal vaccines tablet vaccines are coming that’s my view anyway I would rather wait.

Phil you need to wait and see what happens. You won't be offered a vaccine for a while.
Not for the same reasons as you, but as it stands at the moment I won't be taking a vaccine either, but like you, I will have a little time to see how things pan out.

My 79 year old Mum is having hers tomorrow, but only because its the Oxford vaccine as she didn't want the Pfizer one for ethical reasons.

phil06
24-01-21, 20:44
Phil you need to wait and see what happens. You won't be offered a vaccine for a while.
Not for the same reasons as you, but as it stands at the moment I won't be taking a vaccine either, but like you, I will have a little time to see how things pan out.

My 79 year old Mum is having hers tomorrow, but only because its the Oxford vaccine as she didn't want the Pfizer one for ethical reasons.

That’s true but more choice is surely good for everybody? Also I wonder if you refuse the vaccine if you can rebook if they bring onboard better vaccines like tablets or nasal ones? Surely once they vaccine everybody they can check with people who missed if they want it or an alternative one?

BikerMatt
24-01-21, 20:53
That’s true but more choice is surely good for everybody? Also I wonder if you refuse the vaccine if you can rebook if they bring onboard better vaccines like tablets or nasal ones? Surely once they vaccine everybody they can check with people who missed if they want it or an alternative one?

Who knows? I'm sure at some point they will develop alternatives, but I can't see that happening for a while. Priority at the moment is to get the elderly, vulnerable and frontliners vaccinated.
It may all be different by the time your age group comes around and I'm sure as with anything medical you'll have the chance again if you don't the first time round.

phil06
24-01-21, 21:02
Who knows? I'm sure at some point they will develop alternatives, but I can't see that happening for a while. Priority at the moment is to get the elderly, vulnerable and frontliners vaccinated.
It may all be different by the time your age group comes around and I'm sure as with anything medical you'll have the chance again if you don't the first time round.

Summer for the nasal spray need winter 2021 for the vaccine tablet. Not long if you are patient and wait.

BikerMatt
24-01-21, 21:09
Summer for the nasal spray need winter 2021 for the vaccine tablet. Not long if you are patient and wait.

If that happens that's good for needle phobic then.
Is that what the link that you posted has said?

Pamplemousse
24-01-21, 21:10
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/news/scientists-developing-covid-19-vaccine-nasal-spray-1

Stage 1 trials at the moment.

phil06
24-01-21, 21:23
If that happens that's good for needle phobic then.
Is that what the link that you posted has said?

It said in google about the nasal spray being ready for the summer. Tablet one here https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/130177/first-patient-dosed-in-covid-19-vaccine-tablet-clinical-trial/amp/

BikerMatt
24-01-21, 21:35
It said in google about the nasal spray being ready for the summer. Tablet one here https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/130177/first-patient-dosed-in-covid-19-vaccine-tablet-clinical-trial/amp/

Phil, could I ask, if you have a needle phobia, what do you do at the dentist?

phil06
24-01-21, 21:39
Phil, could I ask, if you have a needle phobia, what do you do at the dentist?

I don’t go..

Pamplemousse
24-01-21, 22:35
This made me smile, written by someone who's a tester. Warning - a bit sweary.

https://autoshite.com/topic/43680-the-grumpy-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2223231

Lencoboy
25-01-21, 15:01
When I first loaded up YouTube yesterday evening to view Dr JC's latest vid, one of the Covid 19 news articles displayed there (from Sky News I think), mentioned that the idea of the Kent strain now allegedly being more deadly has come under fire from one of the scientists, though I didn't actually watch it.

Also my dad believes there might be a fair amount of scaremongering going on ATM concerning said strain, despite him actually being far from a Covidiot, and generally being as scrupulous as possible with the guidelines, as a possible means of putting the frighteners on the serial Covidiots in order to make them comply.

My own personal take on said situation is that as the Kent strain is meant to be more contagious, logic tells that the more people infected, inadvertently, the more likely deaths are to occur, which seems to have been the case up until now.

My dad was also musing last night that he wouldn't be surprised if Covid might actually have originated from one of the poorer parts of Africa, rather than Wuhan, China, where it was first discovered and identified, as there was something on the TV at the time about dirty water and poor sanitation in certain parts of Africa, which can be hotbeds for diseases that could have future pandemic potential.

It was just one of my dad's suggestions, not set in stone, of course.

Lencoboy
25-01-21, 16:42
I know it's just one day's data and still could well be a blip but there has been a massive drop in cases again today (22k vs 30k yesterday, and Friday was still 40k).

Hospital admissions for Covid are now also starting to decline again as well.

Scass
25-01-21, 19:29
It’s a little positive Lenco. I’m sure on days when the numbers show quite low that they quadruple check the figures before publishing them. We may get a few more tomorrow like we usually do on a Tuesday.

Lencoboy
25-01-21, 19:54
It’s a little positive Lenco. I’m sure on days when the numbers show quite low that they quadruple check the figures before publishing them. We may get a few more tomorrow like we usually do on a Tuesday.

Hence why I said 'it might just be a blip', though the underlying 7-day trend has been down every day at least during the past fortnight or so.

BTW, there's a thread on Digital Spy that's really quite comical right now, where this one poster is really getting their knickers in a twist over kids being out sledging in the snow over the weekend, both due to the Covid risks and due to possible injuries being caused by the sledging activities and hospitals having barely any spare capacity to deal with them due to being bogged down with Covid cases, and other forum members arguing that although activities like sledging are probably not recommended ATM, they're at lesser risk outdoors and provided they're from the same household, of course, plus people are just as likely to have accidents at home, such as falling down the stairs, injure themselves doing DIY or even cooking, or end up in a car crash/getting run over whilst out and about, thus implying there are hazards and risks practically everywhere on a day-to-day basis, many of which we generally don't give as much as a second thought to.

NoraB
26-01-21, 08:13
Hence why I said 'it might just be a blip', though the underlying 7-day trend has been down every day at least during the past fortnight or so.

BTW, there's a thread on Digital Spy that's really quite comical right now, where this one poster is really getting their knickers in a twist over kids being out sledging in the snow over the weekend, both due to the Covid risks and due to possible injuries being caused by the sledging activities and hospitals having barely any spare capacity to deal with them due to being bogged down with Covid cases, and other forum members arguing that although activities like sledging are probably not recommended ATM, they're at lesser risk outdoors and provided they're from the same household, of course, plus people are just as likely to have accidents at home, such as falling down the stairs, injure themselves doing DIY or even cooking, or end up in a car crash/getting run over whilst out and about, thus implying there are hazards and risks practically everywhere on a day-to-day basis, many of which we generally don't give as much as a second thought to.

Some elderly woman was on the news yesterday. Inspired by Captain Tom, she wants to raise some cashola, only she's camping out in a tent for a month - in winter. I admire the sentiment but couldn't help but think that she may end up hogging a much needed bed when she comes down with pneumonia?

Right, that's me off to Tesco. Need bog roll, ASAP!

pulisa
26-01-21, 09:12
May The Pandas Be With You when you get back with your booty, Nora!:D

Lencoboy
26-01-21, 09:22
Some elderly woman was on the news yesterday. Inspired by Captain Tom, she wants to raise some cashola, only she's camping out in a tent for a month - in winter. I admire the sentiment but couldn't help but think that she may end up hogging a much needed bed when she comes down with pneumonia?

Right, that's me off to Tesco. Need bog roll, ASAP!

Surely that's quite a bit different to kids out sledging and playing in the snow, which is probably only for about an hour on average, as opposed to about 4 weeks, in that elderly woman's case.

Also at least there's no toilet roll shortages/panic-buying right now, which thankfully never really happened during the run-up to, and during the first few days of this current lockdown, so hopefully looks like it was just a passing fad last year!

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-21, 19:53
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9181865/Nasal-spray-stop-catching-Covid-two-days-available-summer.html

I will take this over a vaccine more tried and trusted methods and no jabs offers good covid protection so a few squirts up the nose before a gig and good to go.

I'm awaiting the enema version. I can't wait to pull up to the drive thru window and pull a 'legal' moonie https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1588.gif:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-21, 20:02
I took Lexie our black lab for a walk along the country lane that I like to frequent.

Coming back I was behind a group of people with dogs. Respectable, middle class and they stopped to chat with three other people of the same ilk. Yet not a mask to be seen, very little social distancing. Do they think Covid only infects sink estates? Covidiots don't necessarily come covered in tattoos.

Today in Tesco I watched the store manager from Home Bargains shopping with her husband and having a good chat with another customer. Says on the door to shop in ones unless you're a parent with kids or carer. :doh:

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-21, 20:07
Not one topless picture of Tom Hardy! :lac:

Well here he comes!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/12/bb/9a12bb90ab7f7050ab7bd4f7ef8d499d.gif

(Looks like he's just got out of bed there...:whistles:)

AntsyVee
26-01-21, 20:34
I'm awaiting the enema version. I can't wait to pull up to the drive thru window and pull a 'legal' moonie https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1588.gif:yesyes:

Terry, were you the guy who made this video? Now I can put a face with the name!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

Pamplemousse
26-01-21, 20:59
https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-man-removed-from-hospital-after-trying-to-discharge-covid-19-patient-20210126

Where to start...?

Squishchips
26-01-21, 21:51
https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-man-removed-from-hospital-after-trying-to-discharge-covid-19-patient-20210126

Where to start...?

I don't think I can respond to this with any words that would be allowed on this forum.

What a (insert every swear word I can think of here). I hate these people.

BikerMatt
26-01-21, 22:01

Where to start...?

Don't you just wonna slap people like that! Infact don't you just wonna slap someone with a Southern accent! Oh hang on I'm a southern accent person!

Should've just let them go, but via the window!

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-21, 22:15

Where to start...?

I actually laughed (bare with me) when he said [in reply to the doctor saying he would die] "No I'm not!" It reminded me of the Monty Python 'bring out your dead' sketch :roflmao: "I'm not dead"

Makes you wonder really. He wanted to deny treatment, and was seriously ill, which is his right, but why ring for help in the first place? Have we hit upon the kind of nutjobs trying to force a legal case?

phil06
26-01-21, 23:19
Another Daily Mail article someone 40 dying healthy of it seemingly you just get ill in days and it strikes you down. Yet another headline says 7% of the 100 thousand deaths were under 60. So what is the risk of dying vs a heart attack?

Obviously I am not keen to take the vaccine but may have to weigh up those who die of vaccine vs the virus vs no vaccine atall. So my question is how big a risk will covid be? Is the risk coming down or will it come down? How worried do I need to be? What would the dangers be of no vaccine? Should they not publish this data?

nomorepanic
26-01-21, 23:22
We keep telling you Phil - WE DON'T KNOW

phil06
26-01-21, 23:25
We keep telling you Phil - WE DON'T KNOW

Thanks but I need to weigh up the risks vs the vaccine or not having it to see what will happen. And if I can delay the vaccine if you miss it if it can be rebooked.

fishman65
26-01-21, 23:37
Another Daily Mail article someone 40 dying healthy of it seemingly you just get ill in days and it strikes you down. Yet another headline says 7% of the 100 thousand deaths were under 60. So what is the risk of dying vs a heart attack?

Obviously I am not keen to take the vaccine but may have to weigh up those who die of vaccine vs the virus vs no vaccine atall. So my question is how big a risk will covid be? Is the risk coming down or will it come down? How worried do I need to be? What would the dangers be of no vaccine? Should they not publish this data?Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

The vaccine I don't have a clue. I haven't had one but my Dad has had the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago. He's 91 and is doing fine. My wife however has epilepsy, crohns disease, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia. She's also very overweight. So I'm very afraid of her getting covid, but also afraid of her reaction to a vaccine as she has lowered immunity and is taking steroids for the crohns disease. I hope this gives you a little perspective.

phil06
26-01-21, 23:41
Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

The vaccine I don't have a clue. I haven't had one but my Dad has had the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago. He's 91 and is doing fine. My wife however has epilepsy, crohns disease, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia. She's also very overweight. So I'm very afraid of her getting covid, but also afraid of her reaction to a vaccine as she has lowered immunity and is taking steroids for the crohns disease. I hope this gives you a little perspective.

Thanks my gran and dad are having it soon. I wonder if they are fine with it I might be as perhaps it’s like genetic in the family I have no idea. Sadly I will have to wait this one out and see what happens.

MyNameIsTerry
26-01-21, 23:48
Thanks my gran and dad are having it soon. I wonder if they are fine with it I might be as perhaps it’s like genetic in the family I have no idea. Sadly I will have to wait this one out and see what happens.

Or perhaps you could think; dad & gran are having it and at far greater risk than I am. Then when you see they are fine afterwards you could think how safe it is for those greater at risk.

Gary A
27-01-21, 00:05
Thanks but I need to weigh up the risks vs the vaccine or not having it to see what will happen. And if I can delay the vaccine if you miss it if it can be rebooked.

If you take the vaccine, you have around a 90% chance of not developing symptoms if you encounter the virus.

If you don’t take the vaccine and encounter the virus, you’ll most likely develop mild symptoms. However, nobody is going to blow smoke up your ass. There is a real possibility of becoming seriously ill. It’s a small possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

The fact of the matter remains that being vaccinated vastly reduces your own risk and that of you infecting others. Not being vaccinated leaves far too much to chance, in my opinion.

pulisa
27-01-21, 08:11
There are no guarantees with Covid, Phil. No matter how old/healthy you are. There are rare cases of people in their thirties with no health issues sadly dying. It has happened. It is a fact.

You are months away from being offered the opportunity of a vaccine so if you decide to be brave and face your fear of a needle you can assess just how effective a jab has turned out to be and whether there are any significant side effects if you are worried about this aspect

Lencoboy
27-01-21, 09:12

Obviously I am not keen to take the vaccine but may have to weigh up those who die of vaccine vs the virus vs no vaccine atall. So my question is how big a risk will covid be? Is the risk coming down or will it come down? How worried do I need to be? What would the dangers be of no vaccine? Should they not publish this data?

Why people still continue to worship that rag (and others of its ilk) and take pretty much everything they spew out as gospel, is beyond me.

Not specifically referring to Phil, to be fair.

Lolalee1
27-01-21, 09:32
Well here he comes!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/12/bb/9a12bb90ab7f7050ab7bd4f7ef8d499d.gif

(Looks like he's just got out of bed there...:whistles:)

Here is another for you Nora:D5287

Pamplemousse
27-01-21, 10:14
There are no guarantees with Covid, Phil. No matter how old/healthy you are. There are rare cases of people in their thirties with no health issues sadly dying. It has happened. It is a fact.
Rather like the 25 year old teacher reported upon yesterday.

BlueIris
27-01-21, 10:24
Exactly, you need to do what you can to reduce the chances of you and your loved ones being affected in case you or they are one of the unlucky ones.

Squishchips
27-01-21, 11:37
Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

Just as an aside (not sure if this will be helpful for you or not!) - My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is on immune suppressants. He tested positive and had no symptoms at all so although she is higher risk thought that might be good for you to know. It sounds like you're doing everything right to protect her as much as you can though.

A friend of mine also has lupus and she got covid (we think) back in feb last year after a trip to the states with other international travellers. She had a tough time for a month but no hospital and is now fine.

Also Phil - the vaccine doesn't just protect you, it protects others around you as it can limit the spread hopefully. It's not something you need to worry about at the moment however, it'll be at least 2/3 months before you get asked if you would like it so I'd just stop thinking about it and see what happens with everyone else first - this is an ongoing frequently changing situation.

phil06
27-01-21, 12:58
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9188945/Johnson-Johnson-expects-COVID-19-vaccine-data-week.html

A single dose jab coming next month this is good news especially if you don’t like needles one shot is better than needing two. Promising news for those further down the queue maybe a tablet will be next.

Pamplemousse
27-01-21, 13:59
Wrexham vaccine plant evacuated over suspicious package (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55822838)

fishman65
27-01-21, 14:03
Just as an aside (not sure if this will be helpful for you or not!) - My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is on immune suppressants. He tested positive and had no symptoms at all so although she is higher risk thought that might be good for you to know. It sounds like you're doing everything right to protect her as much as you can though.

A friend of mine also has lupus and she got covid (we think) back in feb last year after a trip to the states with other international travellers. She had a tough time for a month but no hospital and is now fine.Thank you for that Squishchips. I think this reiterates how unpredictable this virus is. Just read about a woman in the US beating it and then celebrating her 110th birthday.

And to clarify on my earlier post folks, I'm not advocating Phil not having the vaccine though it may have come across that way. If I were in his shoes I'd have it and for all of the reasons stated.

pulisa
27-01-21, 14:06
How is your mother in law Squishchips?

Squishchips
27-01-21, 14:28
How is your mother in law Squishchips?

Hi Pulisa, thank you for asking. I'm not sure how much I should put on here - im really conscious of triggering anyone :(

She's on a ventilator and has been for a while - we're just taking each day as it comes and hoping. She's 70 and has very bad asthma so this just affected her really badly - the rest of the family have all been fine (my father in law who is also in his 70s, previously had a stroke etc, did have to go to hospital for a few days but was fine and is now healing really well).

She has been incredibly careful, barely leaving the house so the only way I can think of exposure is from someone else who probably wasn't wearing a mask (which is why I get so mad at people not wearing masks - it literally saves lives)

We're getting updates daily and she's fighting hard - so we're crossing fingers and praying she makes it through.

I'm really sorry if this did trigger anyone so please let me know if I should edit - im so conscious of saying too much on this forum as it helped me through my covid exposure so so much.

xx

Lencoboy
27-01-21, 16:47
Wrexham vaccine plant evacuated over suspicious package (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55822838)

Surprisingly they don't appear to be saying much about this right now on the BBC website, anything believed to be terror-related would usually be hogging their rolling 'live' feed.

And especially at a plant producing anti-Covid vaccines.

They seem to have piped down over the Netherlands riots today though.

pulisa
27-01-21, 18:03
Hi Pulisa, thank you for asking. I'm not sure how much I should put on here - im really conscious of triggering anyone :(

She's on a ventilator and has been for a while - we're just taking each day as it comes and hoping. She's 70 and has very bad asthma so this just affected her really badly - the rest of the family have all been fine (my father in law who is also in his 70s, previously had a stroke etc, did have to go to hospital for a few days but was fine and is now healing really well).

She has been incredibly careful, barely leaving the house so the only way I can think of exposure is from someone else who probably wasn't wearing a mask (which is why I get so mad at people not wearing masks - it literally saves lives)

We're getting updates daily and she's fighting hard - so we're crossing fingers and praying she makes it through.

I'm really sorry if this did trigger anyone so please let me know if I should edit - im so conscious of saying too much on this forum as it helped me through my covid exposure so so much.

xx

I'm very sorry that she is so ill and it must be so worrying for you all as a family. I can imagine how angry you must feel towards the mask-averse and the CTers. They would soon change their tune given a similar situation with their loved ones, of course.

Don't worry about triggering anyone. This is real life for you and not a fear or a prediction. We want to support you if you would like that support? It's a tiny gesture in what must be such an awful time xx

Squishchips
27-01-21, 22:26
I'm very sorry that she is so ill and it must be so worrying for you all as a family. I can imagine how angry you must feel towards the mask-averse and the CTers. They would soon change their tune given a similar situation with their loved ones, of course.

Don't worry about triggering anyone. This is real life for you and not a fear or a prediction. We want to support you if you would like that support? It's a tiny gesture in what must be such an awful time xx

That's really kind thank you so much and very much appreciated. I have also been messaging another member on here since we both got exposed to covid which has been a huge support and coming on here helps me as well.

I really appreciate the support thank you, that is nice to know and definitely helps.

I am doing ok - just very very anxious and of course now getting the physical anxiety symptoms which makes me more anxious even though I know its anxiety - it's just such a difficult time for so many families out there at the moment whether it's covid or lockdown or panic about covid.

Just going to keep trying to stay as positive as we can and hope she comes through it - she's fighting very hard at the moment.

xx

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 07:01
Why people still continue to worship that rag (and others of its ilk) and take pretty much everything they spew out as gospel, is beyond me.

Not specifically referring to Phil, to be fair.

Cognitive Distortions, one of the problems seen in anxiety & depression. So they Maximise the tiny bad things and subconsciously Minimise the 99.9% good. They apply tunnel vision and Black & White thinking. They need 100% and nothing less will do.

Everyone on here is having this battle in their own ways.

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 07:03

A friend of mine also has lupus and she got covid (we think) back in feb last year after a trip to the states with other international travellers. She had a tough time for a month but no hospital and is now fine.

Also Phil - the vaccine doesn't just protect you, it protects others around you as it can limit the spread hopefully. It's not something you need to worry about at the moment however, it'll be at least 2/3 months before you get asked if you would like it so I'd just stop thinking about it and see what happens with everyone else first - this is an ongoing frequently changing situation.

Glad to hear they are ok.

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 07:07
Surprisingly they don't appear to be saying much about this right now on the BBC website, anything believed to be terror-related would usually be hogging their rolling 'live' feed.

And especially at a plant producing anti-Covid vaccines.

They seem to have piped down over the Netherlands riots today though.

They have to be careful not to start panic. The BBC are always more cautious in verifying hence why people like Sky frequently beat them.

It may just be some lone loon hence harder to investigate. Organisations are usually happy to announce their involvement.

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 07:14

xx

As pulisa says, don't worry about triggering people. The speculation in threads like this are already littered with, often pointless, triggers which are nothing in comparison to what your family are going through. So right now you need more support and if anyone is triggered they've got help here too. This forum doesn't mean we only discuss what's in our heads, it's about real-life stuff too.

It's great you are getting daily updates. I'm glad to hear your mum is battling through it. It is additionally hard when you have their other, closely affected, chronic conditions to consider. My mum has had asthma for decades and it has moved onto mild COPD. So when she gets anything we are on alert and anything breathing related we really are watching her like hawks.

I bet she can't wait to get out of their and back home to relax. It must be so hard being unable to physically be there as much as possible.

pulisa
28-01-21, 08:11
Maybe your family situation puts things into perspective for others on here who are dealing with fears and not grim reality, Squishchips? I hope you will feel free to post about anything which is worrying you because you must have such a lot to deal with, let alone your own physical symptoms of anxiety xx

Lencoboy
28-01-21, 09:23
They have to be careful not to start panic. The BBC are always more cautious in verifying hence why people like Sky frequently beat them.

It may just be some lone loon hence harder to investigate. Organisations are usually happy to announce their involvement.

That did cross my mind, Terry.

Aunty Beeb keeping stuff like that as low-key as possible until further notice is what I call reasonable and responsible journalism. Plus as well as causing potential panic, them firing all the bullets in one go (no pun intended) can also provoke 'copycat' behaviours, especially in this age of virtue-signalling, and not forgetting bandwagon-jumping!

As an aside, looking back at 'old' news pages from the BBC website (2000s era), they seemed to be a lot more sensationalist back then than they appear to be now. They seemed to change tack and tone things down a fair bit following the radical changes and reorganisation of the design and layout of their website around late 2010 (IIRC).

Pamplemousse
28-01-21, 10:15
Why have I woken up today with an unshakable feeling that this virus will never be beaten and we'll be living like this forever? That vaccination is only a temporary respite and that in Man's abuse of Nature, Nature has finally bit back hard and is one step closer to wiping out a particularly troublesome organism - Man?

I just cannot see an end to this, I really can't.

Gary A
28-01-21, 14:12
Why have I woken up today with an unshakable feeling that this virus will never be beaten and we'll be living like this forever? That vaccination is only a temporary respite and that in Man's abuse of Nature, Nature has finally bit back hard and is one step closer to wiping out a particularly troublesome organism - Man?

I just cannot see an end to this, I really can't.

Depends what you mean by “end”, really. It’s unlikely to just vanish or be completely eradicated, it’s too well established worldwide for that.

It’s most likely, however, to become an endemic virus that is controllable. Vaccines will give protection to the best degree they can. Right now, available vaccines are showing better efficacy than flu vaccines yet we live with it. We’ll probably be living with this virus just the same, although hopefully it’ll be far less lethal than annual flu due to better vaccines.

Pamplemousse
28-01-21, 14:38
Depends what you mean by “end”, really. It’s unlikely to just vanish or be completely eradicated, it’s too well established worldwide for that.

By 'end', I mean this cycle of lockdown/tier/closures/restrictions/infections/deaths/"social distancing". I'm also wondering if we'll need to be vaccinated more than once a year. At least I don't have a needle phobia.

Squishchips
28-01-21, 14:52
Maybe your family situation puts things into perspective for others on here who are dealing with fears and not grim reality, Squishchips? I hope you will feel free to post about anything which is worrying you because you must have such a lot to deal with, let alone your own physical symptoms of anxiety xx

Thank you so much

The last few days it's hit me quite hard - my anxiety feels like its out of control today - trying to do all the things I usually do to keep it at bay but none of it is working. Then of course get anxious about the panic.

Our update today is that she's stable but no plans to wake her up yet. You dont realise how long this goes on for when you see it in the news - it's been 4 weeks since it all started - no wonder im anxious! xx

______

Terry - thank you very much, I appreciate that, it's my mother in law thats unwell and sadly not awake at the moment, the hospital have said if she makes it, she'll be in there weeks and weeks.

Sounds like your doing what you can to keep your mum safe - it's so difficult isn't it but important to say not everyone with asthma/copd is guaranteed to have a bad ride, it very much seems to be the unlucky few.

Let's hope the lockdowns and increased pressure on people to wear masks, border controls etc keeps the amount of cases down.

I've tried not to look at the numbers too much but it does sound like they're going down slowly so fingers crossed

Lencoboy
28-01-21, 17:07
Well it looks like the seven-day average for Covid deaths in the UK is now starting to turn a corner at long last, with today showing the first SDA decline so far this year.

Ditto for Covid-related hospital admissions.

Today's number of Covid tests conducted is at an all-time high (771, 710) which could be the most likely reason for the (superficial) increase in daily cases over the past 2 days, albeit cases still down compared to the same days last week, plus the SDA down 83,303 (-29.4 per cent) for total cases, compared to last week.

Over 7.5 milion in the UK have now been vaccinated too.

So things are generally looking more promising overall.