PDA

View Full Version : Slowly drifting into old habits

RVP
01-05-20, 20:34
Good evening all

I've not posted here recently until the other day and I've tried to refrain from posting as I know I'll end up asking or posting every little thing!

My health anxiety has been through the roof recently. Firstly it started off with the normal chest pains that I was getting, then it moved to pain in my leg/foot which was from extended periods of skipping! and now I'm getting some sort of vertigo i.e rocking and swaying motion that has been with me for a week! and that's just causing me to fixate on that and probably making it worse.

This coronavirus stuff hasn't helped one bit either, but it's effected me more than I thought it would.

My wife works for the NHS so she's seeing covid patients and we made the decision it's best she moved out (due to having elderly grandparents at home) so also struggling with that! She's now been away for 6-7 weeks and I go to see her every now and then by going to see her but not getting out the car.

So right now I went from being 20% health anxiety to about 95% in the space of about 2-3 weeks.

Scass
01-05-20, 22:11
Hello!

It’s a really tough time for you at the moment. Most people are suffering from low level anxiety as it is, and it must be hard not having you wife at home. For her too I think.

Your symptoms are classic anxiety symptoms.

RVP
02-05-20, 13:15
Thank you it is a difficult time right now. I'm trying out different coping mechanisms and nothing seems to be working right now. It's been almost a week with these rocking sensation symptoms and it even happens when I close my eyes! My tinnitus has also been playing up quite bad too so I don't know, I'm assuming that's all related to anxiety that I've been having.

But really, I can't seem to be getting my anxiety under control right now. I want to ring the Dr's but at the same time I don't want to waste their time either if it is most likely anxiety!

RVP
02-05-20, 20:04
Has anyone else had similar sort of symptoms and how long did they last? I went for a drive and oddly the swaying sensation doesn't happen unless I'm in the house sat down/lying down it happens occasional if I am walking but not as much as sitting or lying down!

It even happens if I close my eyes so trying to go sleep is actually a real struggle. If anyone can help with this It would be appreciated as I'm slowly losing my mind.

EDIT: Just to keep you guys updated, this morning I woke up and my ear was hurting a bit (most likely due to sleeping on that side) and it feels quite warm inside and a sensation of something leaking out, but nothing is coming out of my ear. The vertigo (swaying sensation) is still there so it looks like it's most likely an ear infection or something.