PDA

View Full Version : Chest X Ray Advice

MightyPC
02-05-20, 06:05
Hi, a very long time since posting on here. To keep things simple, I’ve not been feeling good for 8 weeks or so. So much so that I paid privately for a Covid test which returned as negative. I’m experiencing continuous PND, congestion, on and off hoarseness and chest rawness and discomfort. I have started to cough a bit but mainly to clear my throat. My GP sent me for a chest X Ray On Monday, which amazingly was done straight away - literally no one in the hospital - a busy London one. The results have come back as clear to my surprise. The radiographers were pointing to a part of the screen which made me think they had found something or it maybe they could see my stents. I had a massive heart attack 3 years ago. Would the X Ray had shown an infection or pneumonia? Would it of shown the heart and also would the stents have been visible?

Best

O_O
02-05-20, 10:23
Yes, the heart is visible on chest x-rays - and stents are too. That's probably what the radiographers were looking at.

You'd have been told if there was anything worrying at all.

There would have been visible white spots in your lungs if you'd had an infection or pneumonia.

MightyPC
02-05-20, 16:48
Thank you O O. That’s reassuring as I was worried leaving the room after seeing them. Funny, I suffered a serve heart attack and was informed it was touch and go and I never panicked or worried at all. I am extremely anxious with this feeling I Getting on my chest and the ongoing congestion - 7 weeks.