PDA

View Full Version : Worried about covid-19

Rey1989
02-05-20, 22:10
Hello,

About 2 days ago I started feeling some cold-like symptoms. More tired than usual, then I developed sore throat. All symptoms of covid.

I’ve taken my temperature and its ranging from 36.4 celsius to 36.9 celsius. I just feel run down and i cant stop thinking that I’ve caught covid.

Some background info: I live in Ontario, Canada, in a city of 140,000 people with only 61 confirmed cases, of which there are only 5 unresolved cases.

I have been working from home for the last 7 weeks, and I only get out ocasionally to the grocery store. I do not touch my face while outside, I wear gloves when at the store, and I use hand sanitizer as soon as I get in the car. Also, I wash my hands several times as soon as I get home. I also wipe all the items that im bringing from the store, including personal items such as my cellphone, keys and wallet.

My question is: Condideting I am taking all of these precations, how likely would it be for me to catch a cold, or covid? Can someone still get a cold even with absolute minimal contact with the outside world and with all my precautions? I am so scared that I caught covid its ramping up my anxiety big time. Any thoughts are always appreciated.

Rey

venusbluejeans
02-05-20, 22:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

Rey1989
03-05-20, 02:11
I guess a question i have is can you catch a cold or something without leaving ur home?

ErinKC
03-05-20, 22:21
Hello,

About 2 days ago I started feeling some cold-like symptoms. More tired than usual, then I developed sore throat. All symptoms of covid.

I’ve taken my temperature and its ranging from 36.4 celsius to 36.9 celsius. I just feel run down and i cant stop thinking that I’ve caught covid.

Some background info: I live in Ontario, Canada, in a city of 140,000 people with only 61 confirmed cases, of which there are only 5 unresolved cases.

I have been working from home for the last 7 weeks, and I only get out ocasionally to the grocery store. I do not touch my face while outside, I wear gloves when at the store, and I use hand sanitizer as soon as I get in the car. Also, I wash my hands several times as soon as I get home. I also wipe all the items that im bringing from the store, including personal items such as my cellphone, keys and wallet.

My question is: Condideting I am taking all of these precations, how likely would it be for me to catch a cold, or covid? Can someone still get a cold even with absolute minimal contact with the outside world and with all my precautions? I am so scared that I caught covid its ramping up my anxiety big time. Any thoughts are always appreciated.

Rey

It's most likely that it's just allergies. My allergies have been HORRENDOUS this year. Worse than most years. I've had a sore throat on and off for the last week or so from post nasal drip from the allergies.

Rey1989
03-05-20, 22:37
It's most likely that it's just allergies. My allergies have been HORRENDOUS this year. Worse than most years. I've had a sore throat on and off for the last week or so from post nasal drip from the allergies.

Thank you for your reply!

I did take some antihistamines today and I think they worked a little. I would think its extremely unlikely for me to catch something given the information presented above...

Rey

Rey1989
04-05-20, 00:25
I feel so silly, 2 months ago I would’ve been perfectly fine with getting a sore throat and a cold, or whatever. Now anxiety about getting covid is consuming me. I cant help but to think that i’ve caught it... This whole thing has only made my health anxiety 1000 worse.

I just hope this is a typical cold and nothing else...My number 1 question though, how the hell did I catch something in the first place being the clean freak that I am? Unreal...

Anyways thanks for reading.

Rey

Rey1989
19-05-20, 21:17
Hello,

I’ve now developed new symptoms since my last post.

My sinuses hurt, specificly my left cheekbone. I also have a mild sore throat and my temperature is around 37 celsius.

I have convinced myself that I have caught corona...

Just needed to vent somewhere as my anxiety has been at an all time high and im driving my fiance crazy.

Thanks for reading

Rey

Midnight-mouse
20-05-20, 08:25
My sinuses are atrocious this year! I’ve had so much pain and fullness feeling, allergies are far more common than the virus. 37 degrees is normal body temperature, so you don’t have a fever with it. I’ve also had a sore throat since March. I haven’t left the house since early February through unrelated reasons, you’re focusing on things that normally wouldn’t concern you and it’s going to make every tiny change so much more obvious.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rey1989
20-05-20, 19:47
My sinuses are atrocious this year! I’ve had so much pain and fullness feeling, allergies are far more common than the virus. 37 degrees is normal body temperature, so you don’t have a fever with it. I’ve also had a sore throat since March. I haven’t left the house since early February through unrelated reasons, you’re focusing on things that normally wouldn’t concern you and it’s going to make every tiny change so much more obvious.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply!

I have this nagging pain is not even funny. I can breathe normally through my nose, but I have this sensation of fullness, only on my left side.

I have no nasal discharge. My head hurts, my face hurts, my throat hurts, I mean, I know this easily could be allergies, but I have never had them this bad. I’ve used nasal spray, and taken allergy pills and nothing seems to help. I just feel miserable...

My dr called today and didnt sound concerned, said it could be a viral thing, or allergies... either way im puzzled as I have barely left my house in weeks...

Thanks for reading!

Rey