PDA

View Full Version : coping stratergies

luc
16-10-07, 16:54
you know you have health anxiety when you :-

drip dry after bathing (Lumps)

hang out washing with eyes closed (bleeding)

change bed with eyes closed (bleeding)

Flush toilet without looking ( bleeding)

Offert all observation of moles ( skin cancer)

tell doctor to turn monitor around on consultations ( do not want to see)

make doctor say things like 'i promise'

Any more ??????

Neilr1978
16-10-07, 17:00
you know you have health anxiety when you :-

drip dry after bathing (Lumps)

hang out washing with eyes closed (bleeding)

change bed with eyes closed (bleeding)

Flush toilet without looking ( bleeding)

Offert all observation of moles ( skin cancer)

tell doctor to turn monitor around on consultations ( do not want to see)

make doctor say things like 'i promise'

Any more ??????

When you ask your better half a thousand times a day the self same question" are you sure im goona be o.k?"
or "are you sure its not such and such"
"When you google everything medical"

When you take your own pulse (alot)

....no doubt more to follow lol

luc
16-10-07, 18:44
i thought more to follow neil bet prehaps people are scared to introduce 'new tricks'
n
Nadine

Neilr1978
16-10-07, 21:45
i thought more to follow neil bet prehaps people are scared to introduce 'new tricks'
n
Nadine

true lol

flinty90
02-11-07, 10:59
when you travel away anywhere and you feel relaxed as soon as you see the hospital sign so you know your not far from help.

flinty90
02-11-07, 11:00
Or when you go anywhere with friends and you feel better about the fact that one of your friends knows first aid or cpr , my friend is a lifeguard and i always feel better around him, wierd i know but true..

Elly 2
02-11-07, 11:58
When you're SO glad to be back home, when you're supposed to have enjoyed a day/night out

spacebunnyx
02-11-07, 13:52
when you avoid the scales in case you've lost weight!

Alisonj
02-11-07, 16:00
wow it is amazing how I have the exact same thoughts!

My other ones are when watching a show where someone has an ailment I suddenly start to feel whatever they had.

checking my blood pressure 20+ times a day

spend more time googling then doing anything else

erialc
02-11-07, 19:38
OMG - I thought I wrote the post at the topand forgot that I did lol - ssoooo familiar!!!!!!

All of the above health things I could have written. Strange how our brains work huh?

I try and take my mind off it by watching tv only to see a programme like casualty and think I have everything on there

Read a magazine to occupy my mind - only to find articles on illnesses that I am sure I will get!

Hands up who hates having health anxiety

Claire xxxxxx

anxious
02-11-07, 21:40
you mean its not normal to get your doctor to say 'i promise' :roflmao:

anx x

luc
03-11-07, 08:10
no anxious its not especially when your about a second away from sayins 'swear down on your kids life'.

dinkydoo
03-11-07, 08:25
when you travel away anywhere and you feel relaxed as soon as you see the hospital sign so you know your not far from help.

Can relate to that.

And I found this site whilst ''Googling''.... hahaha, I am terrible for trying to do the whole self diagnosis thing, and fearing the absolute worse.

anxious
03-11-07, 09:06
lol luc, i really thought i was the only one :D

Meewah
07-11-07, 23:52
Wow

Me too.
Exactly those thoughts. Does anyone worry about there partners symptoms and health as much as there own?

I cannot get my wife to go to the docs as she thinks I am too sensitive to symptoms. I now think she is not sensitive enough.

I eat well, dont drink (much), only eat organic, almost a vegetarian. Eat loads of fish for heart.

If I have Chips I panic for days after that these are the chips that will break the camels back or be the final straw for my cardiac system.
Walk a lot, stop when I feel any pains near chest or dissiness.
Frightened of Cardiovascular exercise as It may bring on a heart attack.
Frightened of Lifting weights as It may do the same or increase my blood pressure and cause melt down.

My life revolves around My and other loved ones health.

Please let it stop so I can enjoy other things.

Please keep up the replies as It gives me great satisfaction to know I am not the only one.

Lots of lov

Mee