PDA

View Full Version : smoking like a chimney!!!

bexy1970
17-10-07, 11:16
hi,, know this sounds daft, but does neone else have a cancer fear but smokes like hek cos there nerves are bad?? ive quit a few times but always go back to the cigs when having a panick etc..goin to try again soon,, would like to hear from neone whos as daft as me!!:blush: xx

vernon
17-10-07, 11:44
Hi Bexy, I do exactly the same, this last 12 months I have been smoking one after another, I get trouble breathing at times, cough a lot more than I used to and been suffering a real sore throat now for about 12 months, been to ENT about my throat had the tube up my nose and look down my throat twice. Even went in for surgery to remove my Uvular (that’s that thing that hangs in the back of your throat) and had a ridged endoscope while asleep. But as you say we are stupid and still smoke like hell L

Lindalou64
17-10-07, 14:06
I Totally Agree Vern I Need To Quit Tried Several Times Longest I Went Was 4 Months Felt Like I Was Always In Mourning .....i Hate Cigs.........i Wanna Quit For Good!!!!!!!!!!!

bexy1970
17-10-07, 14:46
hi u 2, ta 4 replies!!linda if u want a quit buddy let me know hun!! also goin on the c2q site is ace. great bunch on there xx becca

vernon
17-10-07, 15:59
whats c2q? thanks Vernon

Ma Larkin
17-10-07, 16:03
I have never tried giving up. The only time I gave up was when I had my first baby in 1988. I've got worse over the past 12 months and reckon when I'm at home at weekends I probably smoke about 30/40 a day. My mum is a heavy smoker (60 a day habit) and she is a pensioner and still here, but I do worry about it.

Like you say though, when I get anxious the first thing I do is go for a fag and it only makes anxiety worse. I don't know what's the lesser of the two evils, but I think that because I cannot smoke at work (I work full-time) I can recompense at weekend.

Wish I had willpower!!!!!

Les

vernon
18-10-07, 11:22
Hi linda, long time no her hope you are well, tc Vernon