PDA

View Full Version : COVID, HA and rock bottom

erincassells
05-05-20, 18:26
Feeling that I'm just finally at the bottom. Between COVID, my other lingering issues, my recent health anxiety increasing over the years, the social isolation and doom and gloom of it all feeling quite never ending...I just feel like giving up. I know folks are on NMP for varied reasons, I just feel now -- today being a very rough day of it, that things won't get better. Reaching out to complete strangers to vent doesn't likely do much, but I'm not doing well.

I'm responsible for approximately 110 people in my organization and lately I've lost my gumption and care to get up every day. Just want to sleep for very very long time.

Struggling today with all of it.

Scass
05-05-20, 21:13
Oh I think a lot of people feel like that. Constant low level anxiety, lack of motivation, boredom, laziness...

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Look at it that way.

Sparky16
06-05-20, 03:38
I feel like that off and on. Work has actually increased for me, which is good because I'm not laid off...but I also feel some serious burnout sometimes. Some evenings and weekends I just can't make myself focus on work anymore, and then I feel guilty because some of my co-workers apparently work from 7AM to 11PM or later 7 days a week. People are emailing me at 11:30 at night when I'm trying to sleep and I'm looking at my phone and saying out loud "Go to bed!"

And a lot of the things people would do to relax and de-stress are gone. I can't go to a mexican restaurant and get a veggie taco and a Pepsi and watch baseball. Restaurants are closed, and there's no sports.

News is a constant roller coaster - this drug looks promising, no wait it's not, here's another drug that looks promising, vaccines are being tested, but it will be months before we have any results...on and on.

Just getting groceries is a big production, and there's still no toilet paper. I ended up having to go to another town to get toilet paper. I think it's that absurd stuff that is just putting me over the edge. We're still out of toilet paper??? It was funny the first week, but six weeks later, it's just stupid.

And we've still all got the same problems we had before this started. I've still got HA, I've still got regular doctor's checkups. I've still got a heap of tax paperwork I need to do at some point. It hailed here, and almost everybody has roof damage. Like we needed any more to do.

I'm just ranting on here, but I guess the bottom line is you're not alone, if that makes you feel any better.