PDA

View Full Version : 24hr urine test

Pearly queen
06-05-20, 15:59
Hi everyone, Wondering if anyone here has experience of kidney function issues when on bp meds? Has anyone on here had a 24 hour catechcholemines test? My bp is high and I've been on meds a long time. It shot up recently but has now stabilised. My doctor did kidney function bloodtest (all normal). I'm waiting on results of the 24hr urine test to check for kidney damage. I don't expect anyone to reassure me but I wondered how others have gotten on. I'm also worried I have an infection which will contaminate the urine as there were a few white floaty things in some of my urine. I'm trying to be calm and working through cbt worksheets (thanks for linking Fishmanpa). Just would like to hear from others who've been through similar.

RVP
09-05-20, 12:40
Hi everyone, Wondering if anyone here has experience of kidney function issues when on bp meds? Has anyone on here had a 24 hour catechcholemines test? My bp is high and I've been on meds a long time. It shot up recently but has now stabilised. My doctor did kidney function bloodtest (all normal). I'm waiting on results of the 24hr urine test to check for kidney damage. I don't expect anyone to reassure me but I wondered how others have gotten on. I'm also worried I have an infection which will contaminate the urine as there were a few white floaty things in some of my urine. I'm trying to be calm and working through cbt worksheets (thanks for linking Fishmanpa). Just would like to hear from others who've been through similar.

I've had this test done multiple times as I take Ramipril and it's just like a blood test. Pee in a large container for 24hours and then you'll get your test results back. The last one I did was a couple of years ago but it was fine :) As for the infection, I'm sure the Dr's will take that into consideration if anything does come up abnormal. They'll most likely tell you to do it again if it interferes with the readings they need.

Pearly queen
12-05-20, 12:32
I've had this test done multiple times as I take Ramipril and it's just like a blood test. Pee in a large container for 24hours and then you'll get your test results back. The last one I did was a couple of years ago but it was fine :) As for the infection, I'm sure the Dr's will take that into consideration if anything does come up abnormal. They'll most likely tell you to do it again if it interferes with the readings they need.

Oh thankyou for your reply. The waiting is the worst. Nearly a week and still no results.