PDA

View Full Version : Terrible in the morning

jude
31-01-05, 15:39
Hello,

Does anyone else feel really bad in the mornings. Every time I open my eyes in the morning I feel like Iv been hit by a bag of bricks. Its like Im still dreamin for hours. Then slowly it wears off a bit. Im wonderin if this is usual to anxiety or whether its depression, or a mix of the two.
Jude

seh1980
31-01-05, 16:33
Hi Jude,

In the height of my anxiety, mornings were always the worst for me. It felt like it took my body a couple of extra hours to wake up. I think that it is very common amongst anxiety sufferers but don't know why...

Sarah :D

silentcalligraph
31-01-05, 16:36
Well it sounds a bit like a mild form of depression but there are other causes to consider - like low blood pressure. You could prepare thermo flask with some hot to drink in the evening (some say chicken broth works best but that might not be your beverage of choice early in the morning) - it's a good remedy against morning dizzyness caused by low blood-pressure. Additionally check your sleeping arrangements, there are many good sites out there listing various things that could improve your sleep (and thereby make you feel better in the morning).

Tracy68
31-01-05, 16:40
Hi Jude
Know exactly how you feel, most mornings i wake up feeling like that. Last two mornings tho i've woken with headaches too. But it does usually get better. Do you sleep ok at night?
Tracy
xx

Karen
31-01-05, 18:08
Hi Jude

I also feel like that in the morning, although I don't sleep well and constantly feel tired. It is common with depression for mornings to be worse.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
31-01-05, 18:36
mornings are bad for me too i get up feeling like i havent been to bed so i guess its common

fan x

mico
31-01-05, 19:12
Hi Jude

I often feel like this on a morning too. Most days I just don't feel like I've got the strength to pull myself out of bed, and then when I finally do get up, I'm often still in dreamland for a while. I've never been an early riser, but I do believe there is something anxiety/depression related with it. I'm still looking for a cure myself though, so I'm not sure if I can help you with this one.

mico

vernon
31-01-05, 20:01
hi jude, Yes I feel realy bad in the mornings too. I started a antidepressant about 8 weeks ago and before that i was waking so so scared, to scared to go back to sleep and shaking. But even with the antidepressants I wake tired as if i havnt slept but the fear part has gone. Cya Vernon

stimpy
01-02-05, 09:04
Ah - I'm the odd one out .... [:P]

I used to find that evenings were the worst.
Then it became night times.
Then it was mornings.

I think I've settled now. I just feel dreadful all the time! ;)[:P]:D

But seriously though, I only really feel dreadful when I am faced with a trigger situation. Over all I think I have levelled a bit.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

theresa
01-02-05, 14:45
yep -first thing in the morning definitely the worst, feel like I'm glued to the bed and awful thoughts about not being able to face another day and worse, but I have to remind myself that I do usually improve as the day wears on.

Theresa

lainey
01-02-05, 14:54
Hi Jude

When I was at the height of my anxiety mornings were a nightmare for me, my first waking thought was me, me, me, and what if....

With time, hard work and determination you will eventually feel better I promise you. I still get the odd morning of feeling yucky but put positive thinking into action and try to get on with it.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

jude
01-02-05, 18:53
Thanks everyone. Its always a relief to know its not just me. I have decided that im gonna change my morning routine and see if it helps. With having 4 children to get off to school, I cant change too much, just try and keep busy.
Take care all
Judex

razocaine_07
02-02-05, 14:18
i used to feel terrible in the mornings, especially when i was on beta-blockers and stemetil. I felt tired for hours and really really sickly. The thing i found to wake me up the best was to use a loafer whilst getting washed. It used to kill on my face but it woke me up, lol, wierd but true

clickaway
05-02-05, 15:17
I'm another one. Mornings I feel tired and washed out.

On my really bad days I feel frightened to get up as it signals another day of hell. But I do it, albeit slowly, and gradually come together.

Living alone and not going to work, I have little to motivate me first thing.

Interestingly, last October, I really wanted to see my aunts house in London - one she had lived in for 60 years - one that I had not visited for 35 years. And I was to meet my cousin there - who I hadn't seen for ages either.

Against the grain, that day I woke up refreshed, was fine all day.

It was a really special day for me and somehow I just managed it.

But two months later, I was going through a more stressful phase, and I had the opportunity to meet another cousin I hadn't seen for 35 years! I was hyperventalating for the entire 80 minute journey but calmed down as soon as I approached her house.

Ray

blossom
05-02-05, 23:29
From Blossom
I would agree with most of you, the mornings are my worst time, I take my pills after eating and dose off back to sleep, and when I wake again, I feel as though I am not really awake, and it takes at least until lunch time before I SORT of come to myself, especially now they have had to add Beta blockers, they really make me tired, I am also very anxious, and weepy in the mornings, I thought it was just me, Good job I do not have to go to work, dont think I would get there. best of luck all from Blossom

bluebottle
06-02-05, 10:01
I am going to get dressed as soon as I get up, that way I don't sit in my PJ's feeling anxious and depressed about getting dressed and getting on with things.

Here's an insight into how we think when we are depressed. I woke at 3:00am and went downstairs and lay on the sofa. I couldn't believe I had no racing heart or anxiety. Anyway, I fell asleep and woke at 5:00am feeling anxious, racing thoughts, a bit depressed.

What do I think about after this morning? Not the brilliant fact that for once when I woke up I felt almost normal, no I worry about the 5:00am incident. So, I am determined to see the good side of this morning, and be kind to myself.
We all need to look after us and not beat ourselves up.

Regards,

Blue

Meg
06-02-05, 10:06
Good for you Blue -great attitude - have a good breakfast too.

Meg

nomorepanic
06-02-05, 22:41
Blue

It is a long struggle to do it all and I know that it is hard.

I am not a morning person but I can be up, dressed and makeup on in 15 mins. Whilst driving to work I start to wake up lol. It takes me about 50 mins so I am almost awake when I get there.

I love the evenings but I also love my bed - my favourite place lol.

I always eat breakfast - that has been instilled into me since I started dieting and I do believe it helps.

Nicola

razocaine_07
06-02-05, 23:20
having a good breakfast is important for your head as much as your body. I hate having it, but its still the most important meal of the day

Madwoman
08-02-05, 11:30
I must admit ive had a bit of a session this weekend, I went for an Indian meal on Friday and drank a bottle and half of red wine, woke up Saturday a bit jaded but not too bad but during the morning I was thinking "the thoughts" which led to me going out Saturday afternoon/evening and getting absolutely legless (yes I know) but it was good at the time.

Of course I woke up in the early hours in a right state, didnt get much in the way of sleep and had raging symptoms. I did try to repair the damage eating slow release carbs and lots of squirts of the spray but I had to get out and walk round otherwise the thoughts would drive me to depair. By about 3pm I was fully recovered and today it seems a distant memory.

Its not something I do all the time (I used to drink heavy) I just fell off the wagon and of course the GI diet went straight out the window with my resolve.

I must admit though since having panic attacks I hate being on my own, I am only supposed to work 3 days a week but I work 5 so as I am not alone in the house, also my computer at home has died so I use this one at work to talk to my FRIENDS!

lots of love and laughter

TRacexx

bluebottle
08-02-05, 12:51
"I must admit though since having panic attacks I hate being on my own"

I think this is another common symptom. I actually like my own company, but since being ill I have felt fear when left alone. I have got on top of that now but it is distressing at the time.

If your OK working 5 days instead of 3 then don't worry about it. Being with people and occupied is good for you. Just don't make the being alone thing a bigger problem than it is. It is just a temporary symptom that will go.

My next "step" is to be among people I know, other than my wife which causes very few problems, just the occasional mild anxiety. I'm going to start with my mother-in-law as I have spoken to her on the telephone and don't feel so anxious about seeing her.

Regards,

Blue