PDA

View Full Version : Would I know if I left a tampon in?

itiswhatitis
10-05-20, 17:06
This is gonna sound so weird so please bear with me lol, but I have OCD and I just today got a weird obsession that maybe I left a tampon in from my last period. I have no reason to think this really, AFAIK they were all removed. I came off my period/last would have used one about 5 days ago. I've had no issues that I can think of. I just tried inserting one because I thought "if I can get one in, that'll show there's not one already in there" and I immediately removed it and all seemed ok (there was an small amount of blood on it but I assume it's because I'm not sexually active and stuff? idk)

anyway, I hope this makes sense. I just got an overwhelming obsession about it, I have a compulsion to just keep checking but I'm trying not to because it'll hurt me. If there had been one in there for like, 5 days, it'd be uncomfortable or anything like that by now, right?

BlueIris
10-05-20, 17:26
You'd absolutely be able to smell it.

venusbluejeans
10-05-20, 17:35
I think you would also be very poorly with toxic shock by now as well

Scass
10-05-20, 20:37
You'd absolutely be able to smell it.

Yes this.

I had a friend that this happened to at school. She didn’t develop TSS but she could smell it.

ErinKC
16-05-20, 18:17
I think you'd definitely know. You can always stick a finger up there and feel around. I get some OCD about this, too, and so I have a system where I never wear two tampons back to back, haha. I'll put a tampon in and when it's time to change it, I switch to a pad, and then back to tampon next time. It helps me keep track. I only forgot a tampon once, many years ago. I ended up putting a second one in and when I went to take that one out they both came out together! So, by now you'd know for sure.