PDA

View Full Version : Hello i am new here, please say hello..

CarmR
18-10-07, 12:28
Hello everyone...

My names Carmel, i suffer with Anxiety.
I have just joined here and am looking forward chatting to lots of people who suffer too, you dont feel so isolated then.

So i look forward to hearing from you

Best Wishes
Carmel

SammiB
18-10-07, 12:34
Hello Carmel

I'm sammi - would like to say welcome to the site, there are so many people here to get to know, you'll make some great friends.

Hope that the information and the support from everyone helps you

take care and enjoy the site

xxxx

Dying_Swan
18-10-07, 12:35
Well I can't resist a request for a hello.

Hi Carmel :yesyes: and Welcome. I hope you find lots of people to talk to here, it's a friendly kinda place.

xxxx :flowers:

groovygranny
18-10-07, 12:39
Hello Carmel:welcome:to you!

Glad you found us - yep, plenty of like-minded people to chat to here, with plenty of help and support too!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Anna77
18-10-07, 13:32
Hi Carmel :)

Welcome to the site - hope you get lots of help and support :hugs:

Take care,

Anna xx

trac67
18-10-07, 13:33
Hi

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

Believe
18-10-07, 13:44
:welcome: :welcome:

Hello, Glade to meet you. Hope that you enjoy your stay. You will make lots of friends and get some great advice.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better

CarmR
18-10-07, 14:39
Thanks so much to everyone for welcoming me...i feel so much better just being on here, knowing i am not alone.

I have always been a worrier but 2 years ago i got real bad, but then i did not know that it was Anxiety...i got all the symptoms in one go..you name it Bang! it just hit me and i really thought i was going to die, the worst was the awful racing thoughts,churning stomach, the thought of going mad and that 'not really there' feeling..i was prescribed Fluoxetine, they helped me so much when they started working..i was off work for 11 weeks and eventually got back to 'normal'. I stopped taking the Fluoxetine after a year.

It was the hardest thing i have had to do...to get better.

I had been doing fine since but i got complacent and let things slide, not eatng right,drinking,let worries creep back in and now i am feeling the awful feelings again, not to the extent it was at 2 years ago but if i dont fight it...it will be the same again.Its just so hard.

I am waking up with the horrible churning stomach and panicky thoughts..i am anxious during the day and feel like i am on fast forward, its very hard to sit still so i go walking, excercise or do anything to keep busy to try take my mind off it.

I have a really good doctor who helped me before and is very understanding & helpful with Anxiety disorders and the like (i wish there were more like him) he has given me Buspar to see if it helps me.

I hope you dont mind me going on but its best i describe what i am going through so you get an idea.

Thankyou all again
Best Wishes
Carmel

Believe
18-10-07, 14:51
Hi Carmel

Glade to hear that you have a great doctor. That makes a big difference. You will get it all back under control real soon. This is my second time around also, but I am determined to make it my last.

And don't worry about long post, that's what the forum is for.

Take Care
Believe

Lindalou64
18-10-07, 14:57
HELLO CARMEL AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.......LINDA

Ellen70
18-10-07, 15:06
Hello Carmel and welcome to NMP. You will indeed find plenty of people to chat to about anxiety here.

Take care

Ellen x

Southern_Belle
18-10-07, 16:35
Hi Carmel,

Welcome to NMP. I'm glad you have such an understanding doctor. You will find many here feel like you do and will get a lot of support.

Hugs,

Laura

honeybee3939
18-10-07, 18:32
Hi Carmel

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will find some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

debera
18-10-07, 18:38
hi carmel and welcome
debera

nomorepanic
18-10-07, 18:41
Hi Carmel

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
18-10-07, 20:32
Hi Carmel and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Dave777
18-10-07, 21:25
Hello Carmel,glad you've found us

Dave:flowers:

Zanxiety
19-10-07, 09:58
Hello Carmel. A big welcome to you.

When you describe all the scary thoughts and physical feelings in one go, and have that not really their feeling including feeling as though you're going to die is likely to be a Panic Attack you're actually feeling. You doctor will probably have talked about Panic Attacks where it's like a brief period of sudden terror made up of four or more of the following symtoms...
racing heart,
shaking,
pin and needles,
tense muscles,
shallow/deep breathing or gasping for air,
hot flashes,
sweat,
feeling unreal,
feel detached,
lose concentration,
feel you might loose control/go mad,

The non-panicky things you describe is anxiety like the doctor said. You will however meet lot's of support people here who like to chat and help make people feel better.

Take care of yourself. ^_^

teamelis
23-10-07, 10:23
hi everybody i am new here:shades: