PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remain calm

kd40
11-05-20, 14:50
Really I am trying to stay calm right now and on the outside I look it - but on the inside I'm such a mess - heart racing bad thoughts, trouble breathing.

My triggers are so silly and I panic about small things which makes me feel stupid.

I'm back to work today too after being on furlough which hasn't helped as I think I've forgotten how to do my job.

Has anyone got words of encouragement - feel like I'm going to faint.

BlueIris
11-05-20, 14:53
Standing here on the sidelines and cheering you on!

I'm working from home at the moment, and I know I'll feel the same when I go back. However, what I also know is that the feelings can't hurt me, and they'll pass.

Love your avatar - who's your favourite Doctor and Companion?

kd40
11-05-20, 15:00
Thank you - I am working from home thankfully but my first day working in 6 weeks.

I seem to be triggering my-self today if that's even a word and making myself worse.

No 10 is deffinatly my favourite and I think Donna was my favourite companion - I even got a Tardis tattoo 2 years ago!

BlueIris
11-05-20, 15:04
No way, me too! I never much liked Catherine Tate, but then Donna won me over totally, and I really wish she'd had a decent run at the role.

I find working from home pretty stressful, too, I think it's because you're expecting one set of triggers because you're working but then the home set ambush you instead, if that makes sense?

Is your tattoo in a location where you can take a pic and show me? I'd be happy to reciprocate, but mine aren't fandom-related.