PDA

View Full Version : Dark thin lines on finger nails

Rey1989
11-05-20, 18:11
Hello!

I’ve recently noticed dark thin lines under my nail in my middle finger on my left hand, and one in my index finger on my right hand. They look like splinters or something, but ive been mostly indoors for weeks and cant recall any trauma to either hand.

A bit concerning. Anybody has experienced anything similar? Any idea of what could it be? I’d normally get it checked but due to pandemic drs arent really seeing patients unless urgent.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Rey

BrokenGirl
11-05-20, 23:55
I've had those before - short dark lines under the nail, looks like a splinter.
But they were never splinters and the truth is I never knew what caused them. I didn't have any kind of trauma to my hands either that could have caused it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful and tell you what they are or what causes them. But I never worried about them or took any more notice of them. And they eventually went away - I think mine actually grew out with the nail.

Rey1989
12-05-20, 04:28
I've had those before - short dark lines under the nail, looks like a splinter.
But they were never splinters and the truth is I never knew what caused them. I didn't have any kind of trauma to my hands either that could have caused it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful and tell you what they are or what causes them. But I never worried about them or took any more notice of them. And they eventually went away - I think mine actually grew out with the nail.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I just noticed them for the first time on my finger nails, so not sure what to make of them. I really wish I could unlearn things ive read in the past. Guess just gotta deal with it now!

Rey