PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and feeling like I HAVE to eat something

Js2019
13-05-20, 01:21
I don’t know how else to explain the terrible anxiety I am having right now. I am 24 years old and in good health. I am active and am currently dieting to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained 50 pounds during pregnancy and I have lost 30 of it! A couple of months ago I ran into some low blood sugar problems. I was crash dieting and was causing my blood sugar to drop because I wasn’t eating properly. Well, that caused MASSIVE anxiety in that I thought I was becoming diabetic. After a couple of doctors appointments they concluded that the “attacks” of low sugar were “all in my head” because at the time I couldn’t actually check what my numbers were. I’ve been fine up until recently. My anxiety has been creeping up again. I’m still dieting but doing it the right way. I’ve been feeling more and more hungry, though. Today at work I had to eat every few hours because of my hunger and then I would get antsy and jittery (like how I was during my low sugar attacks). Now I’ve convinced myself I have a blood sugar problem. My thoughts are that my anxiety is causing me a lot of these physical symptoms though. I don’t want to eat eat eat and gain all the weight back because I’m doing such a good job with losing it but I also am scared of passing out from low sugar. Any advice would be helpful

Sparky16
13-05-20, 05:34
On a practical level, can you take healthy, low cal snacks to work? Fresh veggies like carrots and such? Then you can deal with the hunger without gaining back all your progress.