PDA

View Full Version : Who Here is Manifesting COVID-19 symptoms?

THoltz
14-05-20, 04:17
Hello everyone,

So during this crisis, I am going through periods where I seem to have COVID-19 symptoms. One day I seem to have a cough. The next day I feel short of breath. The day after that I feel like I have a fever.

It’s so weird. I don’t understand how anxiety can do all of this.

Fishmanpa
14-05-20, 11:59
It’s so weird. I don’t understand how anxiety can do all of this.

You've been on the boards for three years and you still don't understand what anxiety can do to you?

Positive thoughts

WiseMonkey
14-05-20, 12:13
Added to this, is the fact that it's Spring time in the northern hemisphere so just right for allergies, sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat with a lot of throat clearing and if you have asthma then breathing issues as well. This is because pollen can cause inflammation of the airways in vulnerable people.

Lencoboy
14-05-20, 15:36
Added to this, is the fact that it's Spring time in the northern hemisphere so just right for allergies, sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat with a lot of throat clearing and if you have asthma then breathing issues as well. This is because pollen can cause inflammation of the airways in vulnerable people.

Absolutely correct, WM.

I've been feeling a bit off myself the past couple of days with those very symptoms, but I have been trying not to lose sleep over it, especially as I actually remember (ironically) having hayfever/allergy symptoms much worse this time last year, and possibly the year before.

travelgirl77
14-05-20, 16:39
I have throughout and keep "testing" myself. My throat has felt scratchy, runny nose sometimes, headache, etc. It could be allergies; it could just be my body, who knows? I keep waiting to get it. But, what is really interesting is my husband, who does not have a drop of anxiety, started to feel like his chest was heavy about a month or so ago. He had been listening to talk radio on his way home from work. He convinced himself he had it. he would go run for 3 miles and said, "It just does not feel right." Anyway, unless he had the most mild form ever, it was chalked up to anxiety after listening to news report after news report of the illness, and focusing on it once he had it. I think with all of the varied symptoms a lot of people (anxiety or not) have been convinced they have coronavirus in some form or another.

THoltz
15-05-20, 02:04
I have throughout and keep "testing" myself. My throat has felt scratchy, runny nose sometimes, headache, etc. It could be allergies; it could just be my body, who knows? I keep waiting to get it. But, what is really interesting is my husband, who does not have a drop of anxiety, started to feel like his chest was heavy about a month or so ago. He had been listening to talk radio on his way home from work. He convinced himself he had it. he would go run for 3 miles and said, "It just does not feel right." Anyway, unless he had the most mild form ever, it was chalked up to anxiety after listening to news report after news report of the illness, and focusing on it once he had it. I think with all of the varied symptoms a lot of people (anxiety or not) have been convinced they have coronavirus in some form or another.

you are describing me. Haha

Even when I take full precautions I still have anxiety and am on watch for symptoms.

like earlier I was hyper aware because I felt a small lump in my throat and thought oh no I have sore throat.

THoltz
15-05-20, 02:16

I have been sneezing quite a bit. I have had a cough that has come and gone for the past two months. it goes away after my anxiety goes away

i am still doing my best to not leave my house unless I absolutely need to.