PDA

View Full Version : Numb pinkie and ring finger

alcopop
14-05-20, 11:31
Hi all

I woke up 3 hours ago and my ring finger and little finger (pinkie) on my right hand is totally numb and hasn't improved.

Has anyone had this before where it doesn't get better after a couple of hours? Should I call the doctor?

Thanks in advance :(

Midnight-mouse
14-05-20, 11:45
Hi all

I woke up 3 hours ago and my ring finger and little finger (pinkie) on my right hand is totally numb and hasn't improved.

Has anyone had this before where it doesn't get better after a couple of hours? Should I call the doctor?

Thanks in advance :(

I have, quite often. For me is to do with how I slept, I wouldn’t call the doctor after only a couple of hours though. I’ve had it last a good amount of time, I think I pinch a nerve sometimes! But seem to always end up back in that position when sleeping.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carriewriting
15-05-20, 04:46
I get this when my neck or shoulders are sore or tight. The nerve to your pinky and ring finger is connected to your shoulder. Maybe you slept on it funny. When I do shoulder and neck stretches it goes away after a day or two. Try some stretches. Hopefully that will help.

Hijikata
15-05-20, 14:39
Yeah the ring and pinky a served by a different nerve to the rest of the fingers so you definitely are compressing that nerve. I get the exact same thing literally all the time, in both hands ring and pinky fingers when I do things like read a book or play the switch, and lean on my elbows. If I play or read for more than like 10 minutes they will go pins and needles or completely numb without fail. It’s actyally really annoying lol

ankietyjoe
15-05-20, 15:16
You probably slept funny and pinched a nerve. My little finger is always the first to feel it if I do that.

Could be an hour or a week before it feels normal again. Just do some light exercise and get that arm moving. It's not worth bothering a Doctor over in the short term.

ErinKC
16-05-20, 18:19
It's the cubital tunnel nerve. It's like carpal tunnel, but the other nerve running down from your elbow. I get this when I've been on my computer a lot or leaning my elbow on something. Usually, raising my arm up above my head helps relieve some of the pressure.