PDA

View Full Version : Inhalation injury from oven

Worrygirl32
16-05-20, 01:05
Y’all, please bare with me. My anxiety is insane right now. I’m having a hard time talking myself down. I was making homemade pizzas with my daughter. The oven was set to 450... when I went to open it.. my daughter asked em a question. And I inhaled to respond but my head was leaning towards the oven. Now I’m kind of scared that I have some kind of inhalation injury or I will go into respiratory arrest soon....... I feel like a tickle in my throat and I feel the need to cough. My heart is also racing. I’m really nervous and scared. But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational. But idk. I can’t relax.

NotDeadYet
16-05-20, 01:21
But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational.

Take some deep breaths and ground yourself in reality. You're allowing yourself to spiral and you can put a stop to it by recognizing that people breath in their ovens all of the time.

Best Wishes

ankietyjoe
16-05-20, 16:59
Y’all, please bare with me. My anxiety is insane right now. I’m having a hard time talking myself down. I was making homemade pizzas with my daughter. The oven was set to 450... when I went to open it.. my daughter asked em a question. And I inhaled to respond but my head was leaning towards the oven. Now I’m kind of scared that I have some kind of inhalation injury or I will go into respiratory arrest soon....... I feel like a tickle in my throat and I feel the need to cough. My heart is also racing. I’m really nervous and scared. But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational. But idk. I can’t relax.

What exactly do you think the problem might be? I'm struggling to see why you think you will have suffered an injury from this?