PDA

View Full Version : Forum Changes

Alex
17-05-20, 16:27
All

I have just made a change to the forum on desktop to display the sidebar on the right. This is just the first step in a few changes that I will be rolling out

Thanks

Alex

venusbluejeans
17-05-20, 17:15
Not convinced i like it..... It will grow on me though :)

Alex
17-05-20, 17:36
Me neither but lets see how it goes

venusbluejeans
17-05-20, 17:53
Can you make it so it doesn't appear when you look at a particular thread? .... but just on the forum home page and the active topics etc? or is is a case of the sidebar is either on or off? (I know what I mean lol, just can't explain myself well)

I think my brain as just going "woooooah thats different" at the minute, it will get used to it

Alex
17-05-20, 18:13
Yes I can control it on most pages

Fishmanpa
17-05-20, 18:18
Maybe a button that minimizes it and allows the page to be seen full screen?

Sparky16
17-05-20, 18:44
I know some of the members stay out of the Health Anxiety forum because they find it makes their anxiety worse. I'm wondering if seeing the thread topics for the Health Anxiety forum in the sidebar will be a problem for them? They might appreciate a way to opt out of seeing the sidebar.

AntsyVee
17-05-20, 18:56
I like it! It's kind of like reading your email; you see what's up next.

Carnation
17-05-20, 19:20
I can't use to reply on threads anymore from my mobile , unless I convert to desktop which a lot of members might not be able to do. All posts are now squashed up on the lefthand side too unless you stretch the page.
Just thought you'd like to know. I'm a stickler for not changing something that already works and I know we lost a lot of longstanding members when the forum was updated not that long ago. I worry for OCD sufferers and people in panic when they come on for help and find it difficult to access.
Sorry, just my view.

Alex
17-05-20, 19:39
Testing reply on thread from mobile

Alex
17-05-20, 19:40
I can't use to reply on threads anymore from my mobile , unless I convert to desktop which a lot of members might not be able to do. All posts are now squashed up on the lefthand side too unless you stretch the page.
Just thought you'd like to know. I'm a stickler for not changing something that already works and I know we lost a lot of longstanding members when the forum was updated not that long ago. I worry for OCD sufferers and people in panic when they come on for help and find it difficult to access.
Sorry, just my view.

Do you mean the 'Reply to thread' button at the bottom of a thread? I just tried it and its fine - What mobile are you using?

Thanks

Alex

BrokenGirl
17-05-20, 20:00
Just wondering, is the new sidebar supposed to display the most recent posts in the entire forum?
If it is, I have noticed that after I put a post in the Female Forum this evening, it doesn't appear on the sidebar. The only time it appears is when I go into a thread, any thread on any forum, but I have to click into a thread for it to appear on the sidebar. Have noticed it with a few other posts as well

phil06
17-05-20, 20:08
It doesn’t look great in Safari for IPhone especially on desktop version. No idea how it looks on a tablet but anything that restricts a forum core isn’t great.

Carnation
17-05-20, 20:16
Yes I do Alex, definitely not working on my phone but then I don't have an iPhone, just a a basic Huawei mobile. I know Pulisa doesn't have a fancy phone either, so no doubt she will have problems. Pulisa if you are reading, you can convert to desktop at the top right hand corner where it shows 3 dots. Click and scroll to desktop. Obviously info for other users that can't access the forum. x

Alex
17-05-20, 20:27
Perhaps a silly question but is there a reason people are using the desktop on mobile devices? The desktop is not designed for mobiles and will be considerably slower

Thanks

Alex

P.S May not reply until tomorrow now as have some work to do :-(

whispershadow
17-05-20, 20:38
Glad its not just me seeing it - i came onto the forum and assumed i broke it cause there was a new thing :blush:

Carnation
17-05-20, 20:45
I don't use desktop normally, only for chat, but I am using for the forum now because otherwise I wouldn't be able to post anything or reply.

phil06
17-05-20, 20:55
Perhaps a silly question but is there a reason people are using the desktop on mobile devices? The desktop is not designed for mobiles and will be considerably slower

Thanks

Alex

That’s a good question well phones are mostly over 6” these days compared to the days when they were 3.5 inch with the iPhone 3G. 6” is small tablet size so desktop is better. One forum I use I have to switch between 2 mobile versions of the site to reach the desktop.

phil06
17-05-20, 20:56
Also I never use a PC these days so I always view websites on Pc format anyway.

Scass
17-05-20, 21:31

Thanks

Alex

Maybe to access the chat room? You can’t use it from Tapatalk.

MyNameIsTerry
17-05-20, 21:35
Looks nice on my laptop. But looking at it using a mobile in full forum mode it messes it up.

Carnation
17-05-20, 22:10
Correct if I am wrong, but I would have thought being accessible is more important :shrug:

BrokenGirl
17-05-20, 22:22

Thanks

Alex

I always us the desktop version on my mobile - I just prefer the layout of it, find it easy to navigate.
I haven't had any issues with it being slower either.
Not so sure how I feel about the new layout on my mobile as the new feature takes up nearly half the screen - that's just my opinion though :)

Alex
17-05-20, 22:24
Correct if I am wrong, but I would have thought being accessible is more important :shrug:

It is 100% thats why I created a whole mobile theme for mobile devices.

I'll have a think about what can be done to reduce its impact when people use the desktop on a mobile

Alex

WiredIncorrectly
17-05-20, 22:59
Whenever I'm doing UX design I always ask "What problem does x feature solve?". Generally most people can find the new threads, or forums of interest. It may have improvements for SEO though. Maybe the "Most Popular Threads". That's be interesting. Or nothing at all. It does kind of crap up the available space for typing etc.

WiredIncorrectly
17-05-20, 23:04
It is 100% thats why I created a whole mobile theme for mobile devices.

I'll have a think about what can be done to reduce its impact when people use the desktop on a mobile

Alex

Responsive design can solve this problem. That way the forum will look great on any device or screen size. I often shrink my browser screens when I have other apps open.

With responsive design you'd develop a vBulletin theme from scratch. You develop the theme so that it's default design is mobile. Make sure the content is in the right place. Use heatmaps to improve this over time. But, your CSS is mobile first.

Then, you make the browser window wider. When content starts to look out of place, you modify the element/s with a media query. And you repeat until you've got it looking great on desktop. And like magic the website works on all browsers and devices. This also has the added bonus that you're working from a "content first" approach too, where by the design is built around the content instead of fitting content into a design. If that makes sense?

I do this ALOT. If you would like some help in making over NMP I would love to offer my services :) I ensure my designs meet Government accessibility guidelines too.

whispershadow
17-05-20, 23:04
Whenever I'm doing UX design I always ask "What problem does x feature solve?". Generally most people can find the new threads, or forums of interest. It may have improvements for SEO though. Maybe the "Most Popular Threads". That's be interesting. Or nothing at all. It does kind of crap up the available space for typing etc.

sorry thick dumbo here

whats SEO?

WiredIncorrectly
17-05-20, 23:09
sorry thick dumbo here

whats SEO?

You're not thick :p Most people don't know what SEO is, and have little reason to need to. It's an area within the online marketing industry.

Search Engine Optimization. The idea is to have content from this forum rank higher in Google than other forums/websites. This means when people search for x,y,z NMP should be infront of all the other competition.

To aid with this you can ensure that links to certain pages appear on every page on the site - like the sidebar NMP introduced. I don't think admin's intent was to improve SEO, but if they changed it to display most popular threads then Google would boost the search position for those threads on NMP for related queries.

So when somebody searches "Help having a panic attack" (pretend that's a popular thread here that is on the sidebar) ... Google is more likely to show NMP first when somebody types "help im having a panic attack".

Having popular threads in the sidebar, that appears on every page, will cause google to think they're important pages. Thus, Google gives you more "link juice", or favoritism, for those pages.

If that makes sense. The idea is to drive more traffic a website. That's a basic brief overview of it.

Carnation
17-05-20, 23:15
Thank you Alex, you are appreciated for all the work you put in, I just wanted to be honest. x

Alex
17-05-20, 23:22
I have allowed it to be collapsed until I can hide it on desktop

@whispersshadow - Its not as simple as building a responsive design. The issue with vb and responsive is the number of templates and updates. The old forum had a totally custom theme and it was a complete nightmare everytime anything changed or we wanted to add a plugin. The best option is to switch it all to a forum that supports responsive design but thats a massive job :-(

I built the mobile theme to support mobile devices but it seems people are still using the desktop theme on their mobiles, thats not a problem and it will be easy to remove the sidebar on mobile when I get some spare time.

Thanks

Alex

whispershadow
17-05-20, 23:47
i confused now Alex i can still see it

i on a laptop though idk if that makes a difference ........

venusbluejeans
18-05-20, 00:08
use these buttons to collapse it whisper

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/97694206_668721810592444_1185426830715256832_n.png ?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=nkj9J0C8UdYAX90I0zK&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=b8f0a8c55e0799c27b9afa74fd251fb9&oe=5EE849DE

venusbluejeans
18-05-20, 00:09

I think it is good like that, then people can have it showing if they want to or collapse it

whispershadow
18-05-20, 00:11
use these buttons to collapse it whisper

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/97694206_668721810592444_1185426830715256832_n.png ?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=nkj9J0C8UdYAX90I0zK&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=b8f0a8c55e0799c27b9afa74fd251fb9&oe=5EE849DE

oops i thought Alex meant he switched it off

told everyone i'm a dumbo :sofa:

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-20, 05:36
I always us the desktop version on my mobile - I just prefer the layout of it, find it easy to navigate.
I haven't had any issues with it being slower either.
Not so sure how I feel about the new layout on my mobile as the new feature takes up nearly half the screen - that's just my opinion though :)

That's why I use the full version on my mobile. Not everything is available in the mobile skin so I would be switching. Plus I prefer the full layout. Some may prefer the strip down of the mobile but I find it removes info from view that I like to see.

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-20, 05:40

@whispersshadow - Its not as simple as building a responsive design. The issue with vb and responsive is the number of templates and updates. The old forum had a totally custom theme and it was a complete nightmare everytime anything changed or we wanted to add a plugin. The best option is to switch it all to a forum that supports responsive design but thats a massive job :-(

I built the mobile theme to support mobile devices but it seems people are still using the desktop theme on their mobiles, thats not a problem and it will be easy to remove the sidebar on mobile when I get some spare time.

Thanks

Alex

Alex,

I have heard some people on here say they use the mobile skin. No idea what the split is, just didn't want you think you've wasted your time. All the work you do is very much appreciated.

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-20, 05:44
I think it is good like that, then people can have it showing if they want to or collapse it

Actually I like that as an option. I can expand my screen so the main frame doesn't get squidged up and always pull the new view over for a quick look. To be honest I never use any of the new threads filters but expanding this for a quick look is a really fast way.

BlueIris
18-05-20, 06:50
Just a heads-up, Alex; I actually can't reply to forum posts on my phone since the changes - the grey text box comes up but not the white area to type into.

pulisa
18-05-20, 08:10
Just a test post

pulisa
18-05-20, 08:12
It works for me now! Couldn't post at all on this thread last night but just wanted to thank Carnation for thinking of me and my brick phone! I always use my laptop for NMP though..Brick phones are great to make calls and text though:D

Phill2
18-05-20, 08:30
That side bar is REALLY annoying.:weep:

whispershadow
18-05-20, 09:05
That side bar is REALLY annoying.:weep:

you can collapse it (venus showed me on either page 3 or page 4 i forget)

Phill2
18-05-20, 09:48
I realise that thanks Whisper but it would be better if it wasn't there in the first place.

Carnation
18-05-20, 10:32
BlueIris, that's exactly what I get x

Emmz, thanks for the tip about removing the sidebar x

You are welcome Pulisa x

BlueIris
18-05-20, 10:35
Carnation, have you found a fix yet?

Carnation
18-05-20, 11:37
Only by using desktop on mobile Blue. The sidebar is annoying because you have to click to disperse everytime you look at a new page.
Otherwise you have a squashed up trailing of words to read. I can't help it, I don't like it. :(

BlueIris
18-05-20, 11:41
I'm not massively keen myself, to be honest.

Carnation
18-05-20, 11:52
It's ok suggesting using IPAD or laptop, but no good when out and about going from A-B and you need to access the forum when you are having a panic attack and need someone to calm you down. I MO Not everyone uses the latest technology in mobiles and I certainly won't be using 5G. Not where I live, still on 3G lol.

Lolalee1
18-05-20, 12:16
Yeah same here Carnation I am battling to get even 3G:mad:

Pamplemousse
18-05-20, 12:19
It's not dissimilar to many forums I visit, although some put the "recent posts" at the bottom of the page being viewed rather than as a floating sidebar. I'm not greatly fussed, although if the website supported "reader mode" as used by some desktop browsers it'd be a help.

@Alex, could it be set in individual user settings whether or not to display it? I'm saying this with absolutely no knowledge of vBulletin, obviously!

Pamplemousse
18-05-20, 12:21
Yeah same here Carnation I am battling to get even 3G:mad:

Isn't Aussie internet famously cr*p though?! :roflmao:

I live in a relatively rural area and my signal can go from 4G+ to HSPA (never quite bad enough to hit EDGE) in a moment...

pulisa
18-05-20, 13:47
You are all talking a different language now...!!!:D I haven't a clue what signal I get so long as the wretched thing works!

Have to say that I find the sidebar a pain and I have to collapse it constantly. Why is it necessary or is that a stupid question?

Fishmanpa
18-05-20, 13:52
Ok cool... There's a little arrow at the top of the sidebar that colapses it and it stays that way. Any way to use the same button to expand the screen and keep it that way? As it is now, you have to hit the side bar button every time you open a page to make it full screen.

pulisa
18-05-20, 14:10
Thanks, FMP. I'll admit to the title of Forum Dinosaur!

Pamplemousse
18-05-20, 14:54
Ok cool... There's a little arrow at the top of the sidebar that colapses it and it stays that way. Any way to use the same button to expand the screen and keep it that way? As it is now, you have to hit the side bar button every time you open a page to make it full screen.

Indeed - the little button highlighted on the attached.

Fishmanpa
18-05-20, 15:43
Indeed - the little button highlighted on the attached.

Yes but every time you open a page you have to click it to view the page in full screen. When you click the smaller one at the top, the sidebar collapses up and you don't see the whole thing. Personally, I don't need to see the sidebar at all so I'm just asking if that button you pointed out could work like the other one.

KK77
18-05-20, 17:13
I think Alex has opened a can of worms :D

pulisa
18-05-20, 17:44
I think Alex has opened a can of worms :D

A veritable hornet's nest.....

AntsyVee
18-05-20, 17:51
One of the only constants in life is change. You can't make any changes without some growing pains. And no matter what you do, even if you do nothing, no one will ever be 100% satisfied.

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-20, 18:06
It would be better if it stayed collapsed when you move page. However I got the impression Alex just did a quick fix to help mobile users as he is still working on forum improvements.

venusbluejeans
18-05-20, 19:24
One of the only constants in life is change. You can't make any changes without some growing pains. And no matter what you do, even if you do nothing, no one will ever be 100% satisfied.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/24owDMTnQKSLdhVb1H/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47c0186602b55eda2f53765983d10 f396358950f39&rid=giphy.webp.

whispershadow
18-05-20, 23:03
*brings Alex and Nic and Emmz and the rest of the hardowrking staffs a hot drink each*

Phill2
19-05-20, 01:28
I can live with that side bar on my laptop but on my tablet it takes up half the screen.
Retracting it doesn't help cause as soon as I change pages it's back.

Carnation
19-05-20, 08:55
I agree with you Phil, but by the looks of things, we gotta live with it.

BlueIris
19-05-20, 08:57
I'm okay with the sidebar, but not being able to post on mobile makes a huge difference to how I can use the site.

venusbluejeans
19-05-20, 11:31
I agree with you Phil, but by the looks of things, we gotta live with it.

Alex has to work too, he can't dedicate everyday to NMP, so will get to looking at things when he can

Carnation
19-05-20, 11:35
Well, that's me been told :whiplash:

whispershadow
19-05-20, 13:15
Well, that's me been told :whiplash:

venus wasn't telling you off :hugs:

Carnation
19-05-20, 13:37
I'm used to being told off Whisper and getting the blame, it's been my life! But thank you for the hug, sending one back :hugs:

Scass
19-05-20, 13:55
I'm used to being told off Whisper and getting the blame, it's been my life! But thank you for the hug, sending one back :hugs:

I don’t think you were being told off C x

Pamplemousse
19-05-20, 14:02
I've not tried posting on a mobile, but is Tapatalk an option for the forum?

Carnation
19-05-20, 15:18
Thank you lovely Scass. x I seem to get my name highlighted a lot though. Suppose I'm easy bait.
I'm also extremely down at the moment and it just adds to it all.

AntsyVee
19-05-20, 16:13
You're just feeling down, C. :hugs:

Depression is such a b!tch. It makes you feel like every little thing is another rock thrown on the pile on top of you.

Scass
19-05-20, 16:38
Thank you lovely Scass. x I seem to get my name highlighted a lot though. Suppose I'm easy bait.
I'm also extremely down at the moment and it just adds to it all.

Perhaps because you are down it just feels a bit worse. It was probably a rushed post & not meant in any kind of stern way!
Hope tomorrow is better for you xx

whispershadow
19-05-20, 16:44

You are a beautiful and wonderful angel, i wish you would believe that :hugs:

Carnation
19-05-20, 17:42
AntsyVee, Scass, BlueIris and Whisper, you ALL lovely, but best not to continue otherwise I'll be told off for hijacking the thread xxx hugs to you all :hugs:

whispershadow
19-05-20, 18:11
AntsyVee, Scass, BlueIris and Whisper, you ALL lovely, but best not to continue otherwise I'll be told off for hijacking the thread xxx hugs to you all :hugs:

I'll take the blame if anything is said :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-20, 21:34
Thread hijack alert! Popping in to give Carnation a big kiss https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/kiss/t4843.gif

AntsyVee
19-05-20, 22:21
I always hijack threads. I don’t do it on purpose, but I’m a real talkative person, in general. Extroverted if you want to be nice, loud mouth if you don’t ;)

On a side note, I’ve been using the site on iPad, and I haven’t had any issues minimizing the side bar.

venusbluejeans
20-05-20, 00:23
I wasn't telling anyone off... just stating things, that Alex is busy at work so will get to looking at it when he can.

The sidebar is a trial for something that was suggested to Nic and Alex....if the trial is successful then the sidebar will be there to stay, if not it won't lol...... either way Alex will get to sorting making it more user friendly when he can.

Phill2
20-05-20, 01:24
Alex has to work too, he can't dedicate everyday to NMP, so will get to looking at things when he can

Thanks Venus

venusbluejeans
20-05-20, 01:27
Thanks Venus

you are welcome

MyNameIsTerry
20-05-20, 04:19
The trouble is in making the text big enough to read on mobile, using full view, it robs a lot more of the screen. If you put that button there and it doesn't snap back every time we refresh our browsers it will be fine.

Its like the ads, they cause a load of problems on smaller screens. But as long as we have a workaround, like an adblocker or disabling JavaScript, it doesn't cause any problems for those who don't need them.

pulisa
20-05-20, 08:44
I wasn't telling anyone off... just stating things, that Alex is busy at work so will get to looking at it when he can.

The sidebar is a trial for something that was suggested to Nic and Alex....if the trial is successful then the sidebar will be there to stay, if not it won't lol...... either way Alex will get to sorting making it more user friendly when he can.

Thanks for explaining, venus. Whatever works for NMP.

Carnation
20-05-20, 10:27
Venusbluejeans, it sounded like you were pissed off and you highlighted my name. If it's not a direction at somebody, why highlight their name. Sorry, but it really got to me yesterday and I was upset for the whole day with members sending me messages of comfort.
I don't want to make a thing of this, but therapists have always said to me not bottle up any upset and in my opinion you came across curt and directive.
If the Site has changes, there will be feedback and if Alex doesn't answer, the members will discuss and remark as only natural. We know Alex has to work, we are reminded of that enough times and we also appreciate his time dedicated to NMP. BUT, it takes seconds to post and let us know that he has heard us and will look into something.
I'm always reminding everyone the nature of this Site and the delicacy of people's minds and chosen words and although you are very much appreciated and adored, you tend to be quite sharp with me, for whatever reason and although a longstanding member, I still feel like a complete stranger to you that is a bother and I don't know why, but it is hurtful. There, I've said my bit, it's off my chest and obviously you'll do as you please with it.

venusbluejeans
20-05-20, 11:31
I quoted your name as it was your point I was answering about having to live with the side bar.... nothing more..... a reply to your point, but replying to eneryone on the site/thread.

Just because I was answering the thread and quoted your point, doesn't mean I was having a go at you at all, it just means I chose your point to reply to..... a valid point which was the best one to reply to at the time, about being stuck with the bar. I apologise if it came across like I was but I wasn't..... i will often pick out the post on a thread that is best for my reply so people know what I am answering to, even though a few may have said things.

Not sure how else I could have said it..... replied as an admin to let you know and other new members (who have no idea that Alex does the technical side and also has a full time job) that it will get looked at when he can.... which it will.

Now to head to work.

whispershadow
20-05-20, 11:46
We all love you both, Carn and venus :bighug1:

Carnation
20-05-20, 11:48
Venusbluejeans, I appreciate your reply, but I'm afraid I don't agree with most of what you have said.
Anyone knows you highlight a name to reply to that person. If general, you state it is general.
I'm not too naive to know you were beefed when you posted that message. To me and some other members, it came across as curt, cold and aggressive.
You have apologised for upsetting me, but I can't feel the sincerity from you. Again, you come across cold towards me as if you are dismissing an irritating insect.
I will say again, you really upset me yesterday, I was in tears for most of the day, members were comforting me for most of it and so was my partner.
Please think how you might hurt members in the future considering your admin position and the state of people's mental health.
To be honest it's not the first time you have been curt with me, that's why I am bringing it to light now.
Members, if I disappear, the only reason will be because Venusbluejeans has barred me.

venusbluejeans
20-05-20, 11:59
I am not changing the way I am, sorry.

it is the way I am to everyone, the way I admin.

now I really have to go to work so not continuing this point.

have a good day

Elen
20-05-20, 15:08
Venusbluejeans, I appreciate your reply, but I'm afraid I don't agree with most of what you have said.
Anyone knows you highlight a name to reply to that person. If general, you state it is general.
I'm not too naive to know you were beefed when you posted that message. To me and some other members, it came across as curt, cold and aggressive.
You have apologised for upsetting me, but I can't feel the sincerity from you. Again, you come across cold towards me as if you are dismissing an irritating insect.
I will say again, you really upset me yesterday, I was in tears for most of the day, members were comforting me for most of it and so was my partner.
Please think how you might hurt members in the future considering your admin position and the state of people's mental health.
To be honest it's not the first time you have been curt with me, that's why I am bringing it to light now.
Members, if I disappear, the only reason will be because Venusbluejeans has barred me.

I am speaking for myself here not as an admin. I do not feel that V was abrubt, she was simply stating facts. I know that times are hard for all of us just now and I know that I am taking things personally which were not meant.

You state about thinking about others who's mental health may be fragile but you have accussed V of being cold and dismissive towards you. She too is mentally fragile, as am I and the rest of the Admins.

If you said something like that about me I would be most upset, and yes members have had done that in the past.

As an admin, we have a process for barring members and your name has never come up.

Can you remember the last person that was barred and when? I cannot.

I understand that you were upset, and V has apologised for you feeling that way.

We should be able to move on from this now.

whispershadow
20-05-20, 15:30
Am I allowed to say it's wonderful to see you drop in, Elen? :bighug1:

Elen
20-05-20, 15:36
Am I allowed to say it's wonderful to see you drop in, Elen? :bighug1:

Thank you Whisper, but I am here every day, but I just keep a quiet eye on things

whispershadow
20-05-20, 15:51
I am speaking for myself here not as an admin. I do not feel that V was abrubt, she was simply stating facts. I know that times are hard for all of us just now and I know that I am taking things personally which were not meant.

You state about thinking about others who's mental health may be fragile but you have accussed V of being cold and dismissive towards you. She too is mentally fragile, as am I and the rest of the Admins.

If you said something like that about me I would be most upset, and yes members have had done that in the past.

As an admin, we have a process for barring members and your name has never come up.

Can you remember the last person that was barred and when? I cannot.

I understand that you were upset, and V has apologised for you feeling that way.

We should be able to move on from this now.

i assume we not including spams in last person to get banned?

can admins ban wasps from coming into my house? i had a massively huge one in here today, took 4 sprays of wasp spray to kill it, not a exaggeration :sofa::scared10:

Carnation
20-05-20, 18:38
So you are angry with me too Elen?
Now it's been turned around that I am the hurtful one.
Sorry, but I still say venus was curt and in answer to me.
My partner thought so too. So did some other members.
Elen, I do feel like I am being ganged up here by admin and if you hadn't come on and voiced your personal opinion I would have put this to bed as just one of those unfortunate situations. I know I started another thread that I will sort out too. But honestly, I'm surprised at your message to me Elen. As a longstanding member who's helped hundreds of of people, smoothed over situational and sent big donations. What can I say?

Elen
20-05-20, 18:53
So you are angry with me too Elen?
Now it's been turned around that I am the hurtful one.
Sorry, but I still say venus was curt and in answer to me.
My partner thought so too. So did some other members.
Elen, I do feel like I am being ganged up here by admin and if you hadn't come on and voiced your personal opinion I would have put this to bed as just one of those unfortunate situations. I know I started another thread that I will sort out too. But honestly, I'm surprised at your message to me Elen. As a longstanding member who's helped hundreds of of people, smoothed over situational and sent big donations. What can I say?

Do not turn this back to me Carnation. I am not angry with you but some of what you have said is hurtful.

Why on earth would I gang up on you with anyone, I have never had a problem with you.

You do not have to say anything, as has been pointed out you by others that you have percieved an insult where I am sure none was intended, nonw you percieve that I am angry with you, when that is simply not the case.

You are not being ganged up on or picked on, sadly that is how you are seeing at the present moment.

I was happy to let this go until you accussed me of being angry, and ganging up on you. That is a personal insult, and one that is totaly untrue, and yes it hurts me greatly.

This is a common thing where we project what we think others are thinking when it is not at all the case.

We are never all going to agree but we are all allowed our own opion

Carnation
20-05-20, 19:05
You are not happy to let this go? Please explain? What do you want to do?
In my eyes, the whole situation has now been twisted to make me look the bad person here.
Please state what you want to do to put this to bed as my mental health is suffering as a result.

Elen
20-05-20, 19:09
I was not willing to let it go without stating that I am not angry or ganging up on you.

I have said that and all is good from my end.

The rest is up to you, and agree spats like these are not good for any of us.

Carnation
20-05-20, 19:11
Do you want me to leave Elen?

Elen
20-05-20, 19:20
Of course I do not want you to leave

whispershadow
20-05-20, 19:22
Do you want me to leave Elen?

Noooooooooo none of us wants Carnation to leave *clings to Carn so when she's walking towards the door she's dragging whisper with her cause whisper is clinging to Carn's leg*

Carnation
20-05-20, 19:22
I was only defending myself. If more people keep coming on to have their two penny worth then it's going to go on forever!

whispershadow
20-05-20, 19:23
putting some flowers in the thread for Carn :flowers:

and some flowers for Elen and venus as well :flowers::flowers:

and some for the other staffs :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

and some for other members as well :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Carnation
20-05-20, 19:32
The situation has now been sorted on the other thread 'mental health forums 'and Alex can hopefully reclaim his thread back. Or start another one.
Thanking everyone who supported me xx

whispershadow
20-05-20, 19:48
The situation has now been sorted on the other thread 'mental health forums 'and Alex can hopefully reclaim his thread back. Or start another one.
Thanking everyone who supported me xx

Alex is a hard-worker :hugs:

Alex
21-05-20, 17:56
Sorry all been a little hectic this week.

I will look at this over the weekend

Alex

MRS STRESS ED
21-05-20, 18:55
omg l can't get use to it l written a post l deleted it by accident, its took me days trying to get back on here l really don't like it l preferred the way it was sorry if it offends people its my opinion l understand there's alot of work involved but what's with the change

best wishes

Carnation hope you're feeling okay xx hugs to you

Carnation
21-05-20, 19:01
I'm ok MRS S. Thank you for asking x

MRS STRESS ED
21-05-20, 19:05
I'm ok MRS S. Thank you for asking x

Your welcome lovely xx

Carnation
21-05-20, 19:12
Adverts appearing on the right hand side now when you click to get rid more pop up which keeps the posts squashed up on the left hand side. Just for info not a complaint. I wouldn't dare after the last two days.

pulisa
21-05-20, 19:28
Sorry all been a little hectic this week.

I will look at this over the weekend

Alex

I wouldn't blame you if you told us ALL to go to hell, Alex...Thanks for all you do for NMP.

whispershadow
21-05-20, 19:46
*makes a hot drink each for Alex and Nic and the rest of the staffs and brings them over*

for all your hard work :flowers:

venusbluejeans
21-05-20, 21:31
Thanks Whisper :)

BrokenGirl
21-05-20, 23:32
Adverts appearing on the right hand side now when you click to get rid more pop up which keeps the posts squashed up on the left hand side. Just for info not a complaint. I wouldn't dare after the last two days.
I second this!! I don't even want to look at the forum on my phone any more now - it's too difficult.

pulisa
22-05-20, 08:12
I second this!! I don't even want to look at the forum on my phone any more now - it's too difficult.

It's just a trial though and not set in stone, I think? I'm sure Alex will look into this when he can devote time to NMP-he does have other commitments.

venusbluejeans
22-05-20, 12:27
It's just a trial though and not set in stone, I think? I'm sure Alex will look into this when he can devote time to NMP-he does have other commitments.

Thank you Pulisa, he will be looking at this this weekend unless anything urgent crops up for him.

Noivous
22-05-20, 12:43
Thanks. And thanks for the site. It's a very important resource for a lot of people.

N.

BrokenGirl
22-05-20, 13:08
I hope my comment didn't come across as criticism - it wasn't meant that way at all.

I was only giving my opinion on the side bar feature when using my mobile. It's just some feedback really, which I presumed Alex would want to hear.

I probably haven't said this before (sorry) but thank you Alex for the work you do on the site. It can't be easy when you have a full time job as well. And to all the Admins too. You truly are an incredible bunch of people!!
So many of us would be lost without it

Side bar or no side bar, I still love the site and am very grateful for it xx

venusbluejeans
22-05-20, 17:08
no criticism taken Broken girl :) and thank you

whispershadow
22-05-20, 21:01
I can't decide whether I like it being there or not, hopping between the two at the moment.

Think its just cause i'm not used to it being there yet and i keep expecting it to be a advert or something :blush:

Alex
23-05-20, 15:07
Just made a small change.

The sidebar will now not display if you are using the desktop theme on a mobile device. There is the odd page that still displays it, such as the login which I am looking at but the main forum dosn't have it.

I have tested it on the major mobile browsers but if anyone has it still displayed on a mobile device when using the main theme please let me know

Thanks

Alex

MyNameIsTerry
23-05-20, 16:12
Thanks, Alex. Looks fine on my Samsung browser.

venusbluejeans
23-05-20, 20:25
Thanks Alex :)

whispershadow
23-05-20, 23:21
Thanks Alex for all your hard work :bighug1:

BrokenGirl
24-05-20, 15:42
Just made a small change.

The sidebar will now not display if you are using the desktop theme on a mobile device. There is the odd page that still displays it, such as the login which I am looking at but the main forum dosn't have it.

I have tested it on the major mobile browsers but if anyone has it still displayed on a mobile device when using the main theme please let me know

Thanks

Alex
Hi Alex
Just letting you know that the sidebar is still displaying on my mobile when I'm using the desktop version. I'm using Chrome on a Samsung phone.
I tried closing the tab and opening a new one, and also tried it in an incognito window but it still pops up for me.....

KK77
03-06-20, 01:18
Ummm... I've noticed "phantom ads" recently :ohmy:

I have ad-block, and although I can't see the ad itself, I can see the black x icon at the bottom of screen which is most annoying tsk.

What is its biz and what is it advertising? :lac:

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-20, 04:46
Ummm... I've noticed "phantom ads" recently :ohmy:

I have ad-block, and although I can't see the ad itself, I can see the black x icon at the bottom of screen which is most annoying tsk.

What is its biz and what is it advertising? :lac:

Yes, ive been getting that too. It seems to be when I first refresh after not being here for a while.

I wonder if there is a connection with having to accept cookies so often?

KK77
03-06-20, 14:13
Yes, ive been getting that too. It seems to be when I first refresh after not being here for a while.

I wonder if there is a connection with having to accept cookies so often?

Yup - mysteriously disappeared today. I also didn't get usual "accept cookies" box so you could be right :shrug:

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-20, 21:06
Yup - mysteriously disappeared today. I also didn't get usual "accept cookies" box so you could be right :shrug:

Seems to happening a lot today. Looks like every new page I go onto.

EDIT: any page including old ones.

venusbluejeans
09-06-20, 21:33
Will pass this and the other problem on to Nic/Alex when I next talk to them :)

MyNameIsTerry
10-06-20, 04:44
Thanks. It seems to have stopped again now.

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-20, 04:49
Hi Admin,

Are you doing some work on the forum by any chance? I've just come on and found there is also a ghost banner along the bottom to dismiss every time I move page. It appears where the ad banner along the bottom would appear if I turned my blocker off (It now appears a transparent).

The screen also auto resizes to a larger size that doesn't fit do I have to resize every page manually.

I'm using Android on a Samsung with Samsung browser.

The grey typing box of death also happened but logging out & back in sorted it out.

Thanks

AntsyVee
06-07-20, 05:39
I’ve got the same issue as Terry, but I’m on an iPad.

venusbluejeans
06-07-20, 09:56
Alex was on the site yesterday doing some things

whispershadow
06-07-20, 10:21
Alex was on the site yesterday doing some things

Hope Alex isn't overworking himself and I hope Nic is getting better :hugs:

not sure why but the ads today all seem to be coming up in German or something??????

Pkstracy
07-07-20, 21:09
Yeah getting a lot of ads, and I don't like the side bar.

whispershadow
07-07-20, 22:41
Smilies seem to take ages to come up today, just mentioning it in case anyone else is having problems.

KK77
07-07-20, 23:05
Smilies seem to take ages to come up today, just mentioning it in case anyone else is having problems.

I agree :lac::lac::lac:

MyNameIsTerry
08-07-20, 04:40
Thanks for the clarification, Venus.

Now it is logging me out so when I come on at this time I have to log back in.

Carnation
08-07-20, 10:52
I can't access my threads or posts unless I put my mobile into desktop mode.

whispershadow
08-07-20, 21:55
*bringing Alex a hot drink and a selection of biscuits in so he can have a break from his work on the forum for a few minutes* :flowers:

Carnation
11-07-20, 22:11
Just in case you didn't know, the arcade games are not saving scores or allowing you to replay. Well that's the case for me, don't know if anyone else has noticed this.
Smiles don't work at all on my laptop, but it might be because it is old.

venusbluejeans
11-07-20, 23:11
Just in case you didn't know, the arcade games are not saving scores or allowing you to replay. Well that's the case for me, don't know if anyone else has noticed this.

Just mentioned this to Nic and she says that when Alex updates wordpress then it sometimes messes up the arcade and she will let him know so he can look into it... Thanks Carnation

Carnation
12-07-20, 00:17
Thank you x

whispershadow
12-07-20, 13:54
Smilies can be slow on my computer and mine's fairly new *hugs*

nomorepanic
12-07-20, 14:33
Games should be ok now.

whispershadow
12-07-20, 14:48
Games should be ok now.

Thanks so much Nic, hope you are healing :hugs:

Carnation
12-07-20, 15:27
Thanks Nic. I appreciate it. Hope you are feeling better xx

nomorepanic
13-07-20, 11:51
I am getting there slowly. I can now type with my right hand so that is progress :yesyes:

Carnation
13-07-20, 13:26
Oh good! I know how that feels Nic, although my injury is nowhere as severe as yours, I've had my right-hand strapped for a month now due to a tendon injury and trying to use the left hand only for everything has definitely been a challenge. Slops for dinner for one thing as I haven't been able to use a knife. Hope it heals fast for you Nic. xx

nomorepanic
13-07-20, 16:35
I can use a knife now as well to cut food so I don't have to eat one-handed with a fork lol.

I am still a long way off from where I want to be but have to be patient I guess.

Scass
13-07-20, 21:01
I can use a knife now as well to cut food so I don't have to eat one-handed with a fork lol.

I am still a long way off from where I want to be but have to be patient I guess.

Now you’re just showing off!

I’m glad you’re on the mend, nice to see you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whispershadow
14-07-20, 15:10

Don;t rush trying to heal, Nic, you'll only make your injuries worse again :hugs: