PDA

View Full Version : Well wishes and Hugs to Alex needed please

nomorepanic
19-10-07, 22:28
For those that don't know who Alex is, he is my other very supportive half and does a lot of the technical stuff etc but he has never suffered panic/anxiety but supports me and others on NMP with the website/forum work he does.

Anyway ...

Alex has cataracts on both eyes and he is only 39 and they may need operating on.

This was diagnosed 2 years ago and on Tuesday next week we have to see the consultant again to see if they are worse or not and whether they can operate or not.

Now being a man Alex is pretending he is ok but I know he is very worried and rightly so as it is his eyesight that is effected. :weep:

Last time he was close to not being legal to drive so they may take his license away until they can operate or whatever they decide to do so he is worried about that as well.

We will know more on Tuesday but can we send him some hugs cos he is very scared (but won't admit it cos he is a MAN) and I know he needs some support and this is one way I can show him how much he means to us all.

Love you Alex and I will be there with you on Tuesday and we will get through it no matter what ok?:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

trac67
19-10-07, 22:30
:hugs: :hugs: ALEX:hugs: :hugs:

hope it all goes well on Tuesday hon

loadsalove
Trac xxx

erialc
19-10-07, 22:35
Good Luck on Tuesday Alex

Claire x

kazzie
19-10-07, 22:44
Alex have some big:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: from me, and You too Nic:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

A friend of mine had this problem a few years ago and it was swiftly sorted and her sight is fine now, and she is a lot older so Im hopeful it will all be ok for You Alex:)

Thinking of you both:flowers:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

jodie
19-10-07, 22:56
alex sending good vibes your way hun

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

jodie xx

groovygranny
19-10-07, 23:13
Aaw, Alex......we're all here for you mate:hugs:. And thank you for all your hard work with Nic in keeping this site going!

All the best - I'm off to Sunny Spain tomorrow morning - so I'll leave you with this::shades:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u129/metalover06/18Amor.gif

lotsa luv GG xxx xxx xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

alexis
19-10-07, 23:15
This will be sorted Im sure, got to wait for them to ripen,,as you know, I understand about eye probs,wish mine could be operated upon and cured.thinking about you both,x

honeybee3939
19-10-07, 23:37
Alex

Lots of good luck from me too hun:hugs: :hugs: , will be thinking of you on Tuesday and hoping all will turn out well for you.:hugs:

http://www.boomspeed.com/1631951/Hug-cat.gif

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

bluesparkle
19-10-07, 23:41
good luck for tuesday alex...
will be sending loads of posative vibes you way...
rach

jill
19-10-07, 23:49
GOOD LUCK ALEX, WILL BE THINKING OF YOU

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

LOVE JILLXXX

Piglet
19-10-07, 23:51
A friend of mine (45 at the time) had something wrong with a retina a few years back and while they were dealing with that problem they said he had cataracts too, so they dealt with them at the same time and now he doesnt even need glasses anymore.

All the best for Tues.

Piglet :flowers:

mystics
20-10-07, 09:36
Good Luck Hugs for Alex :hugs: :hugs: sending you loadsa positive vibes mate

Also some hugs for you too Nic cos i appreciate how worrying it is for us partners when our other half is not 100% :hugs: :hugs:

Take Good care of each other

Brightest Angel Blessings
Mystics :flowers:

kate
20-10-07, 10:20
Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday, Alex.

:hugs:for both of you!

Love Kate x

Fraggle
20-10-07, 11:00
Hi Alex & Nic

Good Luck and hope all goes as well as possible on Tueday, We'll all be thinking of you both.

:hugs: :hugs:
Brightest Blessings
Fraggle

Believe
20-10-07, 11:15
Hi Alex and Nic,

Just wanted to send you positives vibes and wish you luck on Tuesday.Hope that all goes well.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Can Get Better

sheena
20-10-07, 11:48
Hi

I had cataracts last year. I was nearly blind in one eye and the right was deteriorating as well. I put in to go to the hopsital if someone cancelled their appointment. I had the right one done within 2 weeks. I was so glad as I couldn't read or drive. The left one was done within a month. I was anetheitised and came around from the anesthetic fine.

It is such a relief to be able to read as I am always reading papers and books when I am not on the computer.

Best of luck for Tuesday and I hope you get the operations soon.

Sheena

clickaway
20-10-07, 13:11
Hugs man to man Alex.

I can understand how this can be so worrying and am just hoping Tuesday brings positive news for you.

Hugs for you too Nic as this must be affecting you too.

:hugs: :hugs:

Lindalou64
20-10-07, 14:10
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/Lindalou21/10.jpgWISHING YOU WELL AND POSITIVE VIBES............LINDA XXXX:flowers:

happyone
20-10-07, 15:01
I tried to find a sutable 'man' hug!
Good luck alex!
Happyone
xxx
http://clarkvision.com/galleries/images.bears-2004a/web/brown_bear.c09.09.2004.JZ3F4141.b-700.jpg

Pickle
20-10-07, 15:14
Good luck for Tuesday Alex :hugs: . Cateracts are horrible little things but so easily dealt with. I had my left one done in May under a local anaesthetic, and was walking out of the hospital within 2 hours. I can't tell you how quick and easy the operation was and how bright and vivid the colours were once I took my eye patch off.

Take care

bottleblond
20-10-07, 15:48
good luck alex:hugs:

I hope everything goes well for you! keeping my fingers crossed here.

Take care

Lisa
xxx

Anna77
20-10-07, 15:53
Good luck for tuesday Alex, hope it goes well :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Anna x

Alex
20-10-07, 16:41
Thanks for all of the wishes its appciated

Yes being a man I am worried about it and don't show it !!!

Alex
xxx

anxious
20-10-07, 19:12
Good luck for Tuesday,

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:for both of you.

love anx xx

Nibbles
20-10-07, 19:56
Big man hugs coming your way

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Good luck for Tuesday, you're in my thoughts

Take care,

Mike

debera
20-10-07, 20:18
alex
hope all goes well on tuesday. wishing you the best. and sending you big hugs
debera :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Rain
20-10-07, 20:27
:hugs: Big Hugs to you, Alex. Will be thinking of you:hugs:

Dying_Swan
21-10-07, 10:49
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it all goes well
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs:

NB: This is all in blue to make it manly.

Will be thinking of you

xxxxxx

Karen
21-10-07, 15:04
(HUGS) :hugs: Alex

I wish you well for the appointment and will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Karen xx

Pink Panic
21-10-07, 15:10
Hi

I'm new to the site but just want to say I hope all goes well for you with your appointment.

All the best.

Pink

pips
21-10-07, 15:11
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/curion123/g3/ksriver80/h/05.gif Alex,

I hope it goes ok for you on Tuesdy. Thinking Of You Both,

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X X X

Coni
21-10-07, 21:54
Best of luck for tuesday alex...will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes!

luv Coni XX

lildutt
22-10-07, 11:36
good luck alex

eeyorelover
22-10-07, 13:56
Hey Alex -
I know everything is going to turn out great!!
But hey - do a little whinning and have Nic wait on you for awhile!!
You never know when you're next chance will come around :)
Good luck darlin!!
xxx
Sandy

yorkylover
22-10-07, 14:44
http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Hugs_And_Kisses/images/hugs-kisses--04.gif :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 21:08
Thanks all so much - we will give you an update tomorrow once we have been:yesyes:

Alex
22-10-07, 22:32
Thanks all its greatly appreciated.

Alex

xxxx

Southern_Belle
22-10-07, 22:52
Alex,

Good luck on Tuesday. I know how precious eyesight is and I do wish you well, please keep us informed. Huge :hugs: .

Love,

Laura

jesterx
23-10-07, 02:48
wishin you all the best of luck on this. go get em tiger.

mystics
23-10-07, 08:58
Sending you loadsa positive vibes alex for today :hugs:

Brightest Angel Blessings
Mystics :flowers:

nomorepanic
23-10-07, 17:37
Well we got through that after lots of nerves and I am talking mine as well :wacko:

Alex had lots of tests done and drops put in his eyes to dilate the pupils so he can't see very well at the moment and his eyes hurt so I am posting for him.

Basically he is now below the legal driving limit so can't do that and both eyes have to be operated on. They have deteriorated since he last went in 2006.

They will have to do this under general anaesthetic as they say because of his age the eyes will be too sensitive to do under a local one. The other reason is that he has cataracts that are potentially harder to operate on as they are not sure whether the membrane behind the lens is damaged or not and probably won't know till they take the lens out. If it is then it is a bit more complicated to operate on.

We have booked the first appointment for 19th November and then he should be able to have the next one done 2 weeks after that:yesyes:

He will also have to then wear glasses for reading and close-up work.

So for now he can't drive anywhere and I am the new taxi driver and he needs to sort something out with work as to how he gets in etc.

Thanks for all the support - will update again once we get the first one done and over with!

kazzie
23-10-07, 18:04
Good to hear that you both survived the ordeal Nic:flowers:

I was thinking of you both this afternoon:hugs:

The doctors and surgeons are so good nowadays Im sure they will sort Alex out:yesyes:

Tell Alex I said Hi and I hope his eyes feel better soon:flowers:

Take care both of you:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

honeybee3939
23-10-07, 18:25
Gosh Nic an Alex what a busy day you both have had:ohmy:

I agree with Kazzie im sure he will be in good hands when he as to have his operation and will be able to sort out the problem out for Alex.:)

sending love and hugs to you both

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
23-10-07, 18:28
Cheers Kaz and Andy - I will pass on the message cos he can't read at the moment!

It is a good job we have private medical insurance so we can get him done fairly soon. I dread to think what the wait is on the NHS.

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:00
So glad you now know what you need to do. I agree doctors can do marvelous things nowadays. I do know you will be so relieved once this is over with and you can see properly again with glasses. Again, you are in my prayers and I hope you will be feeling better soon once the dialation process has worn off, I have always hated that myself.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
23-10-07, 20:27
Please pass on my best wishes and I hope Alex's eyes feel better soon. Perhaps it's a good thing he'll be having a general anaesthetic as I know that's what I'd rather have as I'm a bit squeemish. :blush: I'm sure the doctors will do a fantastic job and Alex will soon be seeing perfectly in a snazzy new pair of specs. :shades: :yesyes:

Big hugs for you as well Nic, it must be very worrying and you also had the radio program, which I hope went well. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

pips
23-10-07, 21:06
Well Done for coping with today huns.:hugs:

So sorry to here Alex has to have the op's send my very best wishes to him.

As others have said Drs can do wonders now a days hey!:yesyes:

I do hope his eyes feel better soon.

Perhaps a nice trip to Ragdale for you both after all this is over might be a good form of medicine! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_2_101v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)Me thinks. I know how he loved the robe and slippers! LOL:ohmy: :winks:

Thinking of you both.:hugs: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/yourspacecooment/getwell/getwell22.gif Alex.

Love & Wishes,:flowers:

Take Care,

Pip's X X X X

bottleblond
23-10-07, 21:24
Alex and Nic,

ALEX......was thinking about you both today! i'm sorry you didn't get the result you wanted but it's fab news that they can operate to help your eyes :flowers: i'm sure your peepers will be as good as new in no time! VERY best of luck to you mate xxx

NIC...... remember taxi drivers charge about £2 before they even drive off :winks: .

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Love Lisa
xxxxxxxx

debera
24-10-07, 00:28
alex and nic
well done for coping. i have a friend who had this done not too long ago. he says his sight is much better now. thinking of you both
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

yorkylover
24-10-07, 13:24
http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Hugs_And_Kisses/images/hugs-kisses--10.gif Hugs for you both

lorac
24-10-07, 14:09
Alex, lots of good luck and well wishes hope all goes well

Carol
xxx

leo05
27-10-07, 00:48
HEY NIC AND ALEX HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU

WILL BE THINKING OF YOU BOTH AND BE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY

GOOD LUCK M8S

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

LEA AND SUSIE