PDA

View Full Version : hello

rish1818
20-10-07, 03:44
hello everyone
i have recently been diagnosed with panic disorder. I am 21 years old. I have had several EKG'S (or ECG's) done and have had a echocardiogram done as well. Both are normal. In addition to this, I have had complete bloodwork done which indicates that everything is normal as well. Just find it very hard to believe that such severe physical symptoms such as chest pains, a feeling of choking, dizziness, a feeling of unrealness etc can be caused by the mind. I m just having trouble accepting that nothing is wrong with my body. Does anyone else have a problem with this.
P.S. My Doctor put me on 0.50 milligrams of klonopin everyday before i sleep.

judipat
20-10-07, 07:38
Hi Rish
A warm welcome to NMP - I'm sure you will find a lot of info on this site.
Yes, In know it is very hard to believe that all the physical symptoms are due to anxiety/panic etc, but they are and this site will verify that to you.
The key to recovery is information - as well as this site, try reading as much as you can about it - Claire Weeks has written some very good books.
I know its hard, but there are lots of people on here that will try and help you.

Take care

Judi xxx

Lindalou64
20-10-07, 13:03
Hello Rish And Welcome Yes I Think Most Of Us Have Had This And Still Experience It...im Also On Klonopin.......take A Look At Self Help And Succes Stories Stay Positive ....it Does Get Better.........wish Ya The Best.........linda

Zanxiety
20-10-07, 13:18
Welcome abroad to the No More Panic forum Rish.:)

You will meet numerous members on here who are helpful, give full support and are very friendly overal towards others who suffer from panic disorder the same as you, and other disorders. You can see already from a few replies how helpful people really are.

I agree it can be hard to believe the physical feelings are caused from negative thinking, but the thoughts in a way fuel our body to do this to get prepared for danger, even though their may not be any real danger at the time.

I hope you'll make some nice friends here and I wish you all the best.:flowers:

nomorepanic
20-10-07, 15:24
Hi Rish

:welcome: to you and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the Symptoms website page on the left as that will explain the causes behind a lot of the symptoms.

trac67
20-10-07, 16:29
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Believe
20-10-07, 17:05
Hi Rish,

Welcome to NMP. I hope that you enjoy your stay. As you have been told, check on the sections on the left. There are lots of things there that will help you understand this. The more you learn the better you are to cope with this. Also stop by the chat room and meet some people.

We all know what you are going through you aren't alone anymore. Hope to talk to you real soon.

Take Care
Believe:flowers:

I Believe That We All Will Get Better.

honeybee3939
20-10-07, 20:59
Hi Rish

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
21-10-07, 21:26
Hi Rish and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:22
Hi Rish,

You will find many here who feel the same way you do. You will also get a lot of support.

Hugs,

Laura