PDA

View Full Version : cant take much more of this

sammie
20-10-07, 07:57
hi all

i am really srtuggling again it took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night had the feeling of choking that made me really panic . the stupid thoughts i get i cant seem to control my mind is on myself all day and how i,m feeling i shake all day my life is so bad at the moment and i cant see a way out of all this i just want to feel normal again

sorry to go on but i needed to get this off my chest being anxious every minute of the day is hard work

sammie

belle
20-10-07, 09:01
Like i keep getting told...it WILL get better. I think it involves A LOT of self believe and positive thinking to get you to a place where you yourself can see a way out.

I can imagine being anxious is hard work, but then again, so is being panicky.

Whats been happening to me (and this now is everynight for the last 2 weeks), i am waking up with the feeling like i can't get a breath in. I "think" they call it Sleep Apnea or something. It is scary, but i try to get myself off to sleep again with my music.
x

darkangel
20-10-07, 13:17
Sammie its good to get it down in writing and when I read your post just now it actually comforted and reassured me. Why you will be asking? Well cos last night the same was happening to me. And yes I know all the techniques and coping methods but some days it just goes out the blooming window. I too had a feeling after I had eaten my dinner which then lasted for about 4 hours that I couldnt breathe and was being strangled together with bad indigestion. My thoughts were running riot. Ok what did I do, took myself off to a quiet room, wrote down on a bit of paper what i had done that day, tried to challenge the thoughts and reason with myself that this has happened loads a times before and not once have I actaully stopped breathing. Tried to do abdominal breathing and rubbed on some aromathereapy oils, sipped water, and kept telling myself I am ok, anything to stop the flow of the negative panicky thoughts.
You know this is easy to say today, but in the midst of it we need to be able to say to ourselves, STOP and think logically.

Today it is still niggling me, but I know i will be ok.

Luv and hugs

Darkangel x:flowers: