PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes and coronavirus

kestral
20-05-20, 08:33
Old age, diabetes, bp. I have all these and felt more vulnerable today when a news report of the disease linked with diabetes and the adverse effects it has on people with these conditions. To someone who has suffered from health anxiety a number of years it becomes obsessive to concentrate on news reports of this kind. My wife who has several health conditions is the total opposite with things and says dont worry about anything until your faced with dealing with it. I try to rationalise it all but it creeps back into my thinking.

Bakebeansrule
20-05-20, 08:53
I know it’s awful. I’m type 2 and received a msg today from work about going back in a couple of weeks after reading this today I’m really scared

Elen
20-05-20, 15:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Scass
20-05-20, 15:44
Old age, diabetes, bp. I have all these and felt more vulnerable today when a news report of the disease linked with diabetes and the adverse effects it has on people with these conditions. To someone who has suffered from health anxiety a number of years it becomes obsessive to concentrate on news reports of this kind. My wife who has several health conditions is the total opposite with things and says dont worry about anything until your faced with dealing with it. I try to rationalise it all but it creeps back into my thinking.

My partner is the same, rational and level headed about most of the things I worry about. It is good to have someone to help you balance yourself again.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

pulisa
20-05-20, 20:58
Kestral, the advice is to make sure your diabetes is well controlled and if you would feel more reassured by talking to your GP then they are more than happy to talk to you. The same as regards your BP meds. Not much you can do about your date of birth other than not putting yourself at undue risk but I'm sure you are being sensible anyway..

I hope your wife is doing well and have you had your Golden Wedding anniversary yet?

kestral
21-05-20, 08:49
Thanks pulisa, my wife is being her usual self of getting on with life,( painting the hallway at the moment) despite her health problems she believes in being positive, an example to us all.
The golden wedding was in April but had to be just us two for the celebrations under the present circumstances, a time we both enjoyed.