PDA

View Full Version : helping others

helenclaire
20-10-07, 10:48
Hi, i was just thinking why is it that i can reasure others when they are feeling anxious but i cannot reasure myself.
A friend of mine has recently been having some problems and i have been reasuring her and trying to stop her from becoming over anxious, with help from this great website i have helped put her mind at rest over her symptoms, so why is it that i cannot listen to my own advice and make myself feel better.
All the things i have told her make so much sense, but i cannot seem to accept them and therefore i am constantly worrying about something.

Love Helen:shrug:

lesleyB
20-10-07, 13:41
Hi Helen I do exactley the same, my daughter suffers from anxiety and i can calm her down but not myself, is always but what if. I don't know why this is anybody have any ideas.
hang on in there.
Lesleyb:hugs:

Lindalou64
20-10-07, 14:36
I Think The Reason For This Is Because We Are Very Caring People, Our Hearts Go Out To Those Who Are Going Thru This So We Try And Help Them As We Know How Scary It Can Be The "feelings" Ive Always Questioned Myself On This Why Can I Help Others And Not Myself But Then I Have To Step Back And Realize I Have Helped Myself I Have Come A Long Way If I Look Back Yrs Ago...but It Is Easier To Give One Advice And Not Take Your Own......linda Xx