PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms before bowel movement

sial72
20-05-20, 19:02
Hi there
As the title says...before a bowel movement I begin to sweat, go clammy, shake, have shortness of breath and increased heart rate. After pooping I go back to normal, sometimes fairly quicky other times I might take half an hour to an hour.
Anyone?
Xx

Scass
20-05-20, 20:42
I don’t necessarily think those are anxiety symptoms- unless you have anxiety about your bowel movements. I think that they are just sometimes sensations in your body before a bowel movement.

I feel like I’ve said bowel movement too many times now.

sial72
20-05-20, 21:13
@scass hahha, ok my turn to say bowel movements again then. This is something that never used to happen to me before, so I don't know if it happens to other people. It started happening about a couple of years ago and can't seem to find much info about it

Scass
20-05-20, 21:32
Is it before every one or just some?

sial72
21-05-20, 12:12
Almost all.when this started it used to happen very occasionally, now it's the other way around it very occasionally doesn't happen. It's a really horrible feeling, I have tried lactose free and gluten free also no carbs diet, none of these seem to have made any difference.
It feels as if my bowels moving sets something off

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 14:36
I get exactly the same when I have a bowel movement even to the point I think I am passing out! The similarity is that it is all connected to the Vegus Nerve don’t panic about it I think when we have panic attacks we become more sensitive to this sensation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radzaarty
22-05-20, 04:48
I get the exact same thing as well, if my ibs is acting up and my bowel us upset it's worse.

sial72
22-05-20, 08:24
You get exactly the same thing? Thank god I'm not the only one. This is totally unrelated to what I'm thinking. I can be relaxed or occupied working when I suddenly feel strange, I get like an odd sinking feeling in my body (you'd think by now I would be used to it, but I'm not) and then when I start sweating, trembling and feel out of breath with a fast heart rate is when I feel I have a bowel movement coming on. After I go I get a hollow feeling in my stomach and usually rumbling plus anxiety for a while (5-60 mins) and then it all disapears as suddenly as it appeared.

dizzy1
28-05-20, 00:27
Hi. I get the same thing :( I also get a rush of adrenaline and start shaking and I can’t stop for an hour/2.

Charlie1108
28-05-20, 09:09
I was going to say vagus nerve too. Some people even faint!

sial72
28-05-20, 13:50
Does this happen to you all the time? Any ideas?

sial72
28-05-20, 13:52
[QUOTE=Charlie1108;1951391]I was going to say vagus nerve too. Some people even faint![/QUOTE
Yes, so I have heard, sny suggestions as to how to stop this from happening?

dizzy1
29-05-20, 02:27
Oddly enough this doesn’t happen every time I have a bowel movement. Only some times??? I can’t work out the trigger for it

sial72
29-05-20, 11:38
Mmmm, yes it's strange, it haooens to me most times but not all and I can't work out the trigger either

sial72
05-06-20, 23:10