PDA

View Full Version : Massive Step :)

dimblonde
20-10-07, 14:31
Although it was kind of out of spite lol

I am Pharmacophobic :(
(Fear of taking medication)

Woke up this morning with the normal cramp I suffer from at that time of the month (sorry guys) hubby in a fowl mood and wouldnt help me find paracetamol :(

It's the only medication I will take and has been like that for about 2 years now, I don't know when my phobia started or how if the truth be known.
I have never ever had an allergic reaction to anything in my life!

Anyway to cut a long story short I went storming to the drug cupboard, which incidentally is overflowing with medication prescribed to me that has never been taken, I grabbed the co-codamol and shoved 2 straight down whilst glaring at my husband...

Waited for a reaction, and waited and waited and then decided I was sick of waiting and got the hoover out :D

Hubby is aware of my problem and is sympathetic, caught a sly smile as he walked past me about 5 mins later lol

Don't know who feels more victorious right now though, me or him lol

Jo
x

Lindalou64
20-10-07, 14:39
Thats Great Jo........keep Up The Good Work........linda

belle
20-10-07, 14:56
Wow....Co-Codamol. Those things HATE me. I can only take one without making me feel nauseous. I had to take them for months continuously when i had a broken wisdom tooth.

You did really really well :)
Big accomplishment, feels good showing those nasty men what we CAN do!!!!

honeybee3939
20-10-07, 21:03
Hi Jo

WELL DONE !!! im terrible when it comes to meds, ive a cupboard full of tablets i havent taken either....lol:winks:

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Pink Panic
20-10-07, 21:14
Hi

Well Done :) from me too!

I'm terrified of taking meds too.

Pink.

Nibbles
21-10-07, 21:47
:yesyes: Great work on facing your fears Jo, well done! :yesyes:

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:40
Great job Jo, I hope it made you feel better :) .

:hugs:,

Laura