PDA

View Full Version : I nearly Googled - worried about my daughter

BrokenGirl
22-05-20, 13:20
I really thought I had put behind me the urge to google. I nearly slipped up a while ago - had typed in my search string but told myself to cop on before I pressed enter. So I decided to post here instead to help fight the google urge!!

My 12 year old daughter went to the toilet a while ago and she said it hurt her to pee. She's still a bit sore down there now and around her lower stomach, but finds it hard to describe exactly where it is. She mentioned a stinging sensation as well, I'm not sure if she meant her stomach or when she was going to the toilet. My mind is racing to all sorts as to what this could be. I'm just grateful I didn't finish my google search on this, but what is the most likely cause of this?

BlueIris
22-05-20, 13:31
Probably a UTI, some antibiotics will sort that in no time.

Scass
22-05-20, 13:44
Most likely is that she’s either just a bit sore there - maybe rubbed a bit hard when wiping. Or she’s got a urine infection or cystitis. If it continues you can ask your pharmacist for advice. Make sure she drinks a lot.

BrokenGirl
22-05-20, 13:52
Thank you both for your replies.
I was thinking uti, but of course my mind wants to wander off to worse things!
I remember getting cystitis about 20 years ago and it was awful, wanted to cry every time I had to go to the toilet.
I did tell her to keep sipping water. I won't ask her until later on this evening how she is as I don't want her to see me panicking over it. I'm sure if it gets worse throughout the day she'll let me know.

Brunamateus
23-05-20, 00:18
Yap, probably an UTI, she should be drinking plenty of water, if she gets worse you should take her to the doctors to get some antibiotics, don't worry, pretty sure everything is fine