PDA

View Full Version : Name Something Good That Happened to You Today - (Out of Lockdown Edition)

WiseMonkey
24-05-20, 02:09
Now that some forum members are out of lockdown (and can no longer post on the lockdown edition), here's a place where you might like to share something that you've enjoyed doing (that you haven't been able to do for several months) :yesyes: For some of us, social distancing still applies.

On Friday, I visited my daughter (who's 32 weeks pregnant) and gave her a big hug. She showed me the beginnings of their new nursery and I gave her the baby items I'd knitted during lockdown. We had coffee, took the dog for a walk, collected eggs from the hen house and inspected the bee hive. We had a great time and I came home with some eggs and honey :)

WiseMonkey
25-05-20, 02:17
Today I gritted my teeth and went to the supo (first time for 2 months as we've been doing 'click and collect') and then the Chemist Warehouse. Lot's of people still wearing masks and everyone is social distancing 2 m apart. Was quite anxious, holding my breath as people passed by but I got through it.

Lolalee1
27-05-20, 11:36
Well today I found my mojo again.:DFinally got a trim:winks: and when for a walk along the beach and watched some Dolphins at play oh what a joy:yesyes:

WiseMonkey
27-05-20, 11:48
Ah your rain must have stopped, we've still got it and more coming from over your way! Shouldn't complain cos we really need it in bucket loads.

Yep the dolphins are great to watch, sometimes we see them near Hobsonville Point. I live in Greenhithe which is close by in the Upper Harbour area.

Yesterday I knitted some baby Ugg boots :wub:

Lolalee1
27-05-20, 12:28
Yeah no rain I hope you do get the rain the mozzies were out in force today so I don’t want anymore rain.
It is whale season here so hoping to spot some tomorrow off Lamberts Beach.
You May need to knit me some ugg boots mine are getting smelly and old lol.

I bought a push bike off gumtree awhile a couple of months ago for $20 it’s a bloody rippa and can’t wait too go for a ride down to the harbour when I heal :yesyes:

beatroon
27-05-20, 12:52
Hey there,
Can I join in? :) This is a fantastic idea. I see you all are over in Oz, but here in the UK lockdown is sort of getting close to ending, and we're allowed out to walk in the park at least. A good thing that happened was that I had a lovely chat with my mum who lives 100 miles away and we shared how we were feeling. It hasn't always been the easiest of relationships so it was great to have that mutual support :)

WiseMonkey
27-05-20, 12:58
Hey there,
Can I join in? :) This is a fantastic idea. I see you all are over in Oz, but here in the UK lockdown is sort of getting close to ending, and we're allowed out to walk in the park at least. A good thing that happened was that I had a lovely chat with my mum who lives 100 miles away and we shared how we were feeling. It hasn't always been the easiest of relationships so it was great to have that mutual support :)

Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder... glad you could have a good chin wag with your Mum. I also had a contentious relationship with my mother but my Dad was lovely. Friendly people are welcome to post in this thread :welcome: We've got a couple of Aussies and a Kiwi (from NZ) so far.

WiseMonkey
27-05-20, 23:39
A lovely sunny day after the big rain so hopping on my bike for 10 kms, then off to meet my daughter at the mall for a chai latte :)
She's picking up her preggie pants (jeans) as the baby bump is now showing (32 weeks). A pair of knitted Ugg boots for her and the babe (plus 1 other pair of booties). Ended up with lots of excess yarn after the big knits during lockdown (wool not kutus) :roflmao:

beatroon
28-05-20, 12:30
Thanks folks - glad to be here. And yes, it has been very healing to talk to Mum properly about how I've been feeling. Really glad you're all coping OK and sorry, I misread the flag as Oz but meant to say NZ!

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 13:33
Thanks folks - glad to be here. And yes, it has been very healing to talk to Mum properly about how I've been feeling. Really glad you're all coping OK and sorry, I misread the flag as Oz but meant to say NZ!

No worries, the flags are quite similar except for the number of stars and colour of them (the stars that is), we don't get tetchy about things like that :)

Yep, we're coping well but the economy has taken a hiding, so trying to get the tourism up and running again. As it's Queens Birthday weekend, lots of people have traveled to the South Island to do some skiing, jet boating and general sight seeing. Apparently accommodation is full so it's great that Kiwis are having a holiday in their own back yard. Some of the Aussie states are doing well and opening up their domestic borders, will be traveling around as well.

Take care x

Lolalee1
29-05-20, 11:33
The boarder is still closed here but we can travel up north but not south.

Today was a good day I lounged around in the sun and was given some avocados and a mud crab. There is a lot of kind people around.That made my day that small touch of kindness :D

WiseMonkey
29-05-20, 23:07
Going out tonight to meet the gang at the Bays Club, haven't seen these guys for over 2 months ... lots of catching up to do :)

Had a good catch up and first glass of champers for several months :flowers:

WiseMonkey
09-06-20, 23:48
Fiance's birthday today, so last night we went to the local Indian Restaurant and met up with my daughter (who's now 34 weeks) and her partner, and also my fiances daughter, husband and their tribe of three. I hadn't seen the latter since lockdown so lovely to reconnect. It's all about family and sharing those memorable times, the food was great too :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
10-06-20, 04:39
Happy birthday to Mr Soon To Be Mr WiseMonkey :birthday::birthday1:

WiseMonkey
10-06-20, 04:58
Happy birthday to Mr Soon To Be Mr WiseMonkey :birthday::birthday1:

Aw, thanks Terry will pass it along, yep we'll get a round to it at some stage, maybe after the PM has hers :winks:
Fiance bought himself a new sound amplifier (to replace the old) now that the band's back in action again, am looking forward to being the groupie again :shades: