PDA

View Full Version : Newbie From London - Hi Everyone

MidnightRunner
20-10-07, 22:19
Hi everyone

Hope I get to make some friends online that understand what it’s like to go through similar things, it can be very hard having ‘normal’ friends at times as it gets very frustrating for them to understand and for me to explain.

I am in my 20’s and panic and anxiety have dominated my life since I was in my mid teens, I have learnt different coping strategies, but it can be very up and down. Other times it can surprise me just what I think I can’t achieve but then do. Panic attacks do seem to have that element of surprise.

I guess in many ways I have helped myself and been strong, but would like to totally recover and lead a more normal life.

It looks like a good forum, and I look forward to chatting to some people out there, maybe I can help some people too with advice etc.

Cheers

belle
20-10-07, 22:30
Hi and welcome :)

x

trac67
20-10-07, 22:57
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
21-10-07, 05:27
Hello Jamie And Welcome To The Site........linda

honeybee3939
21-10-07, 20:47
Hi Jamie

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Nibbles
21-10-07, 21:42
Hi Jamie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

fretty freda
22-10-07, 13:52
hiya jamie sounds like you have similar problems to me and i sympathise a lot.
unfortunatley at the moment my problems of depression/anxiety have re surfaced
but
i can tell you i suffered from terrible anxiety /panic attacks throughout my teens too and i went on to recover from them believe it or not i did go on to work full time for 6 years and leave a panic free life,after suffering months of panic were i rarley got out of the house
just a little bit of hope for you please please keep smiling i know things will get better for you soon mate

take care of yourself
things will get better given time :yesyes:

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 21:20
Hi Jamie

Wanted to say :welcome: and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help to you.

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:26
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here who feel exactly how you do and will gain much support.

Hugs,

Laura

MidnightRunner
24-10-07, 22:21
Thank you all very much for the warm welcomes.

Gill06, does sound similar to what I have through, be great to chat to you all more - great website :)

Kat83
02-12-07, 19:27
I completely understand what you mean about it being difficult having "normal" friends. I have a group of fantastic people around me who care about me and are very supportive...but it's just not the same as having people who know exactly what you're going through. Hope these boards can offer you some help and guidance :)

Pink Princess
07-12-07, 17:43
http://www.pimpinup.com/assets/galleries/c-00188.gif