PDA

View Full Version : Cummings and Goings...

pulisa
25-05-20, 18:06
I must admit that watching the media grilling of DC has made for some wonderful Bank Holiday viewing. It's like "Little Britain" with the dodgy MP explaining away how he just happened to fall into the clutches of a seedy prostitute..

Why doesn't he just apologise? These arrogant individuals never do though..They are never wrong. He must hate being put on the spot like this.

The knives are now out for Boris whereas a couple of weeks ago everyone was praying for his recovery from CV..If he has a relapse now what would the reaction be?

This is a farcical situation in the middle of a national emergency...but it's been good watching DC squirm.

KK77
25-05-20, 18:13
Only you could cum up with such an ingenious title(tattle) :D

He should go in the same direction as Prof Neil Ferguson - with the door shut firmly behind him :lac:

pulisa
25-05-20, 20:03
Only you could cum up with such an ingenious title(tattle) :D

He should go in the same direction as Prof Neil Ferguson - with the door shut firmly behind him :lac:

He won't...He's a protected species.

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-20, 21:32
He definitely needs a :buttkick:

The chief medical officer for Scotland displayed the same arrogance and the SNP wouldn't sack her. The opposition forced her resignation. That should happen here too.

AntsyVee
25-05-20, 21:38
Scumbag of the Year award? Or are you all still awarding that to Prince Albert?

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-20, 21:53
Scumbag of the Year award? Or are you all still awarding that to Prince Albert?

Bloody hell, you would think after all these years since his death we would have moved on :winks:

ankietyjoe
25-05-20, 22:31
Bloody hell, you would think after all these years since his death we would have moved on :winks:

No dude. You have to hold on to hatred and grudges. Never let stuff go.

WiseMonkey
25-05-20, 23:08

So British even though the days of the Empire are long gone, the attitudes remain :winks:

AntsyVee
26-05-20, 00:03
Prince Andrew is also a good candidate!

WiseMonkey
26-05-20, 01:35
Prince Andrew is also a good candidate!

Yes indeed, he definitely needs a good :whiplash: then sent over to the US to answer sex trafficking charges!! What an over privileged piece of work he is! :lac:

AntsyVee
26-05-20, 02:18

LMAO, See Terry? I know a few things about the UK. I could get by!

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-20, 04:19

Even getting a penis piercing named after you isn't enough? :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-20, 04:20
LMAO, See Terry? I know a few things about the UK. I could get by!

Just turn up and shout "Prince Andrew is a bellend" and you get your green card :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-20, 04:23
Yes indeed, he definitely needs a good :whiplash: then sent over to the US to answer sex trafficking charges!! What an over privileged piece of work he is! :lac:

He might enjoy a good whipping :whistles: Can you just see him crawling around on all fours in a diaper asking for his 'bottle'? :emot-puke:

AntsyVee
26-05-20, 05:15
Wow, thanks for that mental image, Terry :doh:

WiseMonkey
26-05-20, 07:57
He might enjoy a good whipping :whistles: Can you just see him crawling around on all fours in a diaper asking for his 'bottle'? :emot-puke:

Terry :roflmao:Yes and by all accounts he was a mummy's boy!!

pulisa
26-05-20, 13:57
I reckon DC has something major on Boris....I just can't see why he is supposedly such a "Great Mind". I'm sure psychiatrists would have a field day with him as regards "diagnoses".

AntsyVee
26-05-20, 16:12
Sadly, I think BJ might be one of those people who is secretly smart but acts like a dumba$$ when it benefits them. Unlike DT, which is just a dumba$$, but is surrounded by smart people.

pulisa
26-05-20, 17:47
Yes I think Boris likes to project himself as a lovable buffoon but he's no fool. Obviously has met his match with DC though.

Gary A
26-05-20, 18:03
What Dominic Cummings did is farcical, but the column inches dedicated to it are really starting to get on my nerves.

Had a look at a very prominent red tops article online yesterday and it was a massive report on this incident. Then, almost as a footnote, it said “oh, and a further 77 people died after being diagnosed with coronavirus.”

I know which one I’m more concerned with.

pulisa
26-05-20, 19:25
What Dominic Cummings did is farcical, but the column inches dedicated to it are really starting to get on my nerves.

Had a look at a very prominent red tops article online yesterday and it was a massive report on this incident. Then, almost as a footnote, it said “oh, and a further 77 people died after being diagnosed with coronavirus.”

I know which one I’m more concerned with.

Maybe it's just some diversion from all the Covid-saturated press? I know that those who have been bereaved by Covid couldn't give a toss about DC though and rightly so.

AntsyVee
26-05-20, 19:44
I think the DC is a good target for people to vent their anger. You can't be angry at a virus; it's a part of nature. But it's much easier to be angry at a scumbag.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-20, 21:26
I think the DC is a good target for people to vent their anger. You can't be angry at a virus; it's a part of nature. But it's much easier to be angry at a scumbag.

He already had a target on his back so it's to be expected. Since he's seen as the man behind the Tories who is coordinating not only normal business but Brexit too. We still have many angry people complaining about Brexit. He is despised by many on the left and nuttier ends of each side of the spectrum can be pretty hate filled.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing about online and real life threats. It happened to Boris.

Plus the 'opposition' media will flog it for all it's worth.

In real life? More energy goes into taking the bins out and it's soon forgotten.

I wonder what Boris makes of his raging plummeting? For emotional support he should lean on Corbyn and Starmer who are more used to it :whistles:

KK77
27-05-20, 12:35
Cummings Dominicus

Dangerous to man.

A voracious and highly manipulative reptile species that emerges from rock crevices to feed on soundbites and spin.

Known to also bite the hand that feeds it...

pulisa
27-05-20, 14:21
Also known to spread the deadly Epistulae Mixta spores.

It is believed that only New Zealand has an antidote to these toxic emissions.

FrankT
27-05-20, 14:54
The sonofabitch has sold out our future! Thanks to him, we'll be out of lockdown FAR later than everyone else!

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 00:48
Also known to spread the deadly Epistulae Mixta spores.

It is believed that only New Zealand has an antidote to these toxic emissions.
Hmm...Ms pu "That's nice!" but totally as you have way more than we do, we're virtually free of 'em and enjoying ourselves :yesyes:

pulisa
28-05-20, 08:15
Hmm...Ms pu "That's nice!" but totally as you have way more than we do, we're virtually free of 'em and enjoying ourselves :yesyes:

Again...This is not a competition.

WM, you are very lucky to live in NZ. We all have been aware of this. Enjoy your freedom.

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 10:58

WM, you are very lucky to live in NZ. We all have been aware of this. Enjoy your freedom.

The word competition has been used several times by you! But thank-you for your words of kindness :D

Pamplemousse
28-05-20, 11:50

Whilst I am pleased the citizens of NZ are returning to normal, a casual observer might take some of the postings on here from NZ residents to be the equivalent of those tedious "Professional Yorkshiremen" who manage to shoehorn references to "God's Own County" into every conversation. I'm reminded of the old joke:

"How can you tell if someone's from Yorkshire?"

"You don't need to - they'll tell you."

KK77
28-05-20, 12:43

The word competition has been used several times by you! But thank-you for your words of kindness :D

Your constant comparisons and references to NZ (which now appear to be motivated by spite) are becoming nauseating - as is your sarcasm.

You already have a NZ and CV thread so go and blow your monkey trumpet there :lac:

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 13:18
Whilst I am pleased the citizens of NZ are returning to normal, a casual observer might take some of the postings on here from NZ residents to be the equivalent of those tedious "Professional Yorkshiremen" who manage to shoehorn references to "God's Own County" into every conversation. I'm reminded of the old joke:

"How can you tell if someone's from Yorkshire?"

"You don't need to - they'll tell you."

I'll take your word on that as only been up to the North of England once in 2014 but not to Yorkshire! My fiance's family originally came from Liverpool whereas mine came from the South so we visited both areas. It was the first trip back to the UK since our childhoods, so lots of extended family to meet. Everybody loved talking about where they lived, we had a great time :)

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 13:20
You already have a NZ and CV thread so go and blow your monkey trumpet there :lac:

Charming!!

pulisa
28-05-20, 18:01
I'm sure you don't mean to be insensitive because you have close relatives in the UK who have been deeply affected by the pressures of Covid. Some of us on here have to deal with the severe repercussions of Covid and to me it does seem as if you are making this a "competition" which isn't particularly compassionate on an anxiety forum.

Anyway, enough said. Please no thumbs up emojis in response.

Gary A
28-05-20, 18:22
I’m willing to hear about any nation doing well throughout this crisis and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that there was no competition element to this, however, there does seem to be an almost “nya nya” feel to a few of your posts that isn’t really sitting right.

Perhaps that’s not your intention but clearly you’re coming across this way to more than one person.

Fintechguy
28-05-20, 20:19
Prince Andrew

WiseMonkey
28-05-20, 22:16
I’m willing to hear about any nation doing well throughout this crisis and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that there was no competition element to this, however, there does seem to be an almost “nya nya” feel to a few of your posts that isn’t really sitting right.

Perhaps that’s not your intention but clearly you’re coming across this way to more than one person.

You're right Gary, it was never my intention to make it a competition and yes, a few people interpreted it in this way, ganged up and became vitriolic. Initially, I was sharing my joy at having my country come through this crisis, relatively unscathed but this was seen by some as gloating. Meanwhile it seemed ok for some to take pot shots at NZ and expect me not to react, double standards!

I've been ridiculed for my name, told what to do and basically told to get lost by the Complaints Mismanagement Controller.
However, I can make my own decisions whether to leave or not, and generally I like to join in and help others where I can.

There's a few of us from Down Under (Southern Hemisphere) on this forum and we do have shared commonality, through ancestry, travel and sport (to name a few), plus a quirky sense of humour and a tough exterior, so we're different! However, we too are valuable members of this online community although at times it feels like we're not.

I actually have feet in both camps as I have my UK cousins and my own family of Kiwi's here in NZ and I love them all :)

MyNameIsTerry
29-05-20, 04:24
Lesley, you are very much valued as a member. I know I appreciate your posts for a start. Your viewpoints and life experiences are also very insightful. :hugs:

The same to our other mates down under. I love the sense of humour of you guys and being a Midlander it's what we are like. :yesyes:

Gary A
29-05-20, 10:06
You're right Gary, it was never my intention to make it a competition and yes, a few people interpreted it in this way, ganged up and became vitriolic. Initially, I was sharing my joy at having my country come through this crisis, relatively unscathed but this was seen by some as gloating. Meanwhile it seemed ok for some to take pot shots at NZ and expect me not to react, double standards!

I've been ridiculed for my name, told what to do and basically told to get lost by the Complaints Mismanagement Controller.
However, I can make my own decisions whether to leave or not, and generally I like to join in and help others where I can.

There's a few of us from Down Under (Southern Hemisphere) on this forum and we do have shared commonality, through ancestry, travel and sport (to name a few), plus a quirky sense of humour and a tough exterior, so we're different! However, we too are valuable members of this online community although at times it feels like we're not.

I actually have feet in both camps as I have my UK cousins and my own family of Kiwi's here in NZ and I love them all :)

This isn’t me having a go, it’s a bit of a word to the wise that whilst I don’t believe you’re being deliberately mean or trying to make it a competition, it’s just coming across this way. Perhaps that’s us being a bit over sensitive but it’s just me trying to make you aware without having a pop at you.

Pipkin
29-05-20, 10:28

Lesley,

Just to clarify, KK is not a member of the NMP admin team - his title is referring to a long-running thread which he takes part in.

As always, we are watching contentious threads closely and will intervene where we think appropriate.

Best wishes

Andrew

KK77
29-05-20, 12:35
Just to clarify, KK is not a member of the NMP admin team - his title is referring to a long-running thread which he takes part in.

You'd think my title would be self-explanatory to the uninformed masses, old boy - especially the "mismanagement" part.

As you know, we take great pride in forensically examining every complaint before all are flushed down the crapper.

I was even inclined to offer Cummings a job but he's unfortunately beyond redemption and simply plain stupid :lac:

On behalf of Complaints Mismanagement Board

Complaint Status: Clueless

Pipkin
29-05-20, 12:41
You'd think my title would be self-explanatory to the uninformed masses, old boy - especially the "mismanagement" part.

As you know, we take great pride in forensically examining every complaint before all are flushed down the crapper.

I was even inclined to offer Cummings a job but he's unfortunately beyond redemption and simply plain stupid :lac:

On behalf of Complaints Mismanagement Board

Complaint Status: Clueless

Just wanted it to be clear M.

P x

pulisa
29-05-20, 13:47
If we all got transported back to the 16th Century we'd call DC a right mumpsimus...Someone who refuses to budge/ insists that they are right despite clear evidence that they are wrong. Could be used to describe all politicians!

Hollow
29-05-20, 17:09
https://youtu.be/wvLI_S7vN_8

MyNameIsTerry
30-05-20, 04:23
If we all got transported back to the 16th Century we'd call DC a right mumpsimus...Someone who refuses to budge/ insists that they are right despite clear evidence that they are wrong. Could be used to describe all politicians!

Yep, it's futile. BoJo trying to gloss over it too. His rating has plummeted.

The guy is seen as the mastermind behind Brexit (Farage forgot? Banks forgotten?) And he invented the slogan 'get Brexit done'. Now he could be the mastermind behind scuppering Brexit if they sack him since he would be eligible to join the gravy train that is the club for failed politicians and their staff. An EU commission awaits :biggrin:

pulisa
30-05-20, 08:12
I've no idea why the Brexit slogan was considered so brilliant but he's obviously not going anywhere (not even to Durham!)

It's the sheer arrogance of the man that irks me-self-entitled and considering himself untouchable. His son could well have special needs though but plenty of parents are in the same position and just have to do their best to cope even if they are both ill.

pulisa
26-05-21, 08:08
The panto continues today..I'm looking forward to the Cummings variant on display this morning:)

I can't understand how he has had so much power and has been so influential.

NoraB
26-05-21, 08:40
Only just seen this thread..

'Cummings and Goings'? Sounds like a dodgy movie to me P! (it's always the quiet ones)

I say! :ohmy:

Pamplemousse
26-05-21, 12:30
The panto continues today..I'm looking forward to the Cummings variant on display this morning:)

I can't understand how he has had so much power and has been so influential.

Because Johnson is a waste of DNA: full of shit, a lying , irresponsible philanderer and incapable of an original thought of his own.

Cummings is one of those people who dim people think intelligent because he writes 20,000 word blogs. Nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

Lencoboy
26-05-21, 14:18
Because Johnson is a waste of DNA: full of shit, a lying , irresponsible philanderer and incapable of an original thought of his own.

Cummings is one of those people who dim people think intelligent because he writes 20,000 word blogs. Nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

I personally struggle to decide who is the worst of the two, Bozzer or Cummings?

Whatever the event, the sh1t has most certainly hit the fan.

PM, whilst I totally agree with your sentiments concerning Bozzer and Co, surely Bliar and Co would have also copped it in the neck just the same no matter how good (or badly) they were to handle the pandemic situation in this country had they still been in power, especially from the likes of The Scum, Daily Fail, Daily Depress, etc!

Nature of the beast I guess.

Lencoboy
26-05-21, 14:32
Yep, it's futile. BoJo trying to gloss over it too. His rating has plummeted.

The guy is seen as the mastermind behind Brexit (Farage forgot? Banks forgotten?) And he invented the slogan 'get Brexit done'. Now he could be the mastermind behind scuppering Brexit if they sack him since he would be eligible to join the gravy train that is the club for failed politicians and their staff. An EU commission awaits :biggrin:

And now almost one year on, ironically, Bozzer's ratings appear to have bounced back significantly, whilst Keir's have plummeted, especially as the Tories have reportedly made significant gains in the recent local elections.

Almost as if the pandemic hadn't even happened!

Having said that, UKIP now mostly seem to be fading into relative obscurity, following their high point from around 2008-15, but the Green Party seem to be growing in stature, which I personally don't mind.

Catkins
26-05-21, 15:51
I'm pleased about the green party too. I'm very much a left wing sort of person with a greenish tinge.

Lencoboy
26-05-21, 15:57
Seems really strange how just over a year ago DC was really getting in the neck over allegedly defying the national lockdown rules but he is now really giving the govt what for over their alleged handling of the pandemic, which I agree has been farcical, but I really struggle to understand as to why DC waited until now to 'come out' over it all, especially as he was cast out as the 'bad boy' back then?

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-21, 17:41
And now almost one year on, ironically, Bozzer's ratings appear to have bounced back significantly, whilst Keir's have plummeted, especially as the Tories have reportedly made significant gains in the recent local elections.

Almost as if the pandemic hadn't even happened!

Having said that, UKIP now mostly seem to be fading into relative obscurity, following their high point from around 2008-15, but the Green Party seem to be growing in stature, which I personally don't mind.

It's because of the vaccine. Public confidence in the government has grown.

Starmer is disliked in his own party as the Corbynites still fight for a return, he sent poor signals over the BLM, is marred by anti Semitism and doesn't set the world alight. People are suspicious of Starmer over Brexit too. He's vanilla.

Current Labour are a mess marred by Corbyn's tenure. The only way they have a chance at the moment is for the Tories to give it away. They will never win back up here with the current front bench unless Boris really badly messes up.

Starmer was never the man in my opinion. I'm interested to see who comes next.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-21, 17:44
Seems really strange how just over a year ago DC was really getting in the neck over allegedly defying the national lockdown rules but he is now really giving the govt what for over their alleged handling of the pandemic, which I agree has been farcical, but I really struggle to understand as to why DC waited until now to 'come out' over it all, especially as he was cast out as the 'bad boy' back then?

He can ride the wave of anti Boris, anti Tory, anti government, etc. Those who previously hated him will love him just as Blair was suddenly absolved of his crimes after 2016 by many. :winks:

Pamplemousse
26-05-21, 19:20
He can ride the wave of anti Boris, anti Tory, anti government, etc. Those who previously hated him will love him just as Blair was suddenly absolved of his crimes after 2016 by many. :winks:

I can assure you that I'll never forgive Blair, his ersatz-Tories and his "Third Way".

Pamplemousse
26-05-21, 19:23
I'm pleased about the green party too. I'm very much a left wing sort of person with a greenish tinge.

I'm beginning to think that Labour will become an irrelevance as people start to realise that 'green' issues really do matter and that they're not just cranks trying to take us back to the 17th century.

Speranza
26-05-21, 19:25
I'm so torn. I've always worked on the assumption that DC is a lying toad.
Yet now I want to believe his every word.

I guess the crux of the matter is that BORIS believed him (allegedly) during the Barnard Castle débacle... So he is officially truthful.
Deliciously ironic innit?

pulisa
26-05-21, 19:44
Much as I loathe DC I thought he coped very well today over what must have been a gruelling marathon of an interrogation. I bet he's had loads of coaching though.

The DM will be in their element tomorrow..

Am looking forward to Matt Hancock's response in 2 weeks.

Ghastly that this should all be playing out as a soap opera now when so many people have been bereaved and have to listen to all these grisly details.

Lencoboy
26-05-21, 22:14
Much as I loathe DC I thought he coped very well today over what must have been a gruelling marathon of an interrogation. I bet he's had loads of coaching though.

Ghastly that this should all be playing out as a soap opera now when so many people have been bereaved and have to listen to all these grisly details.

And this time next week this current Cummings vs Bozzer row will probably be water under the bridge and Labour will probably once again be in the doghouse over something or other!

Lencoboy
26-05-21, 22:19
I'm beginning to think that Labour will become an irrelevance as people start to realise that 'green' issues really do matter and that they're not just cranks trying to take us back to the 17th century.

Yes, I very much agree that being 'green' is quite rightly the new 'cool' and that Labour are probably a bit passe now.

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-21, 06:25

Jilted lover, eh? We just needed "he's crap in bed" and "he has a tiny penis" to complete it :roflmao:

Suddenly Cummings has gone from nasty snake to Mr Truthful :shrug: Some truth in there but wheelbarrow loads of salt possibly to be taken too...

Lencoboy
27-05-21, 07:55
Jilted lover, eh? We just needed "he's crap in bed" and "he has a tiny penis" to complete it :roflmao:

Suddenly Cummings has gone from nasty snake to Mr Truthful :shrug: Some truth in there but wheelbarrow loads of salt possibly to be taken too...

I'm still a bit suspicious about DC's claim that Bozzer said that he (Bozzer) would 'rather see loads of dead bodies piled high than go into a third national lockdown' towards the end of last year.

As much as a clown I think Bozzer is, I can't see him being that heartless!

My dad reckons it's now only a matter of time before Bozzer succumbs to handing in his notice as PM.

After all, for better or worse, Brexit IS done now!

pulisa
27-05-21, 08:01
There's a reason that he's got history with previous employers..and that he's thoroughly disliked by many. I'm sure he'll come up with many more "explanations" for some of his more controversial behaviours. Let's hope his young son isn't dragged into it.

Pamplemousse
27-05-21, 16:07
I know this Government is corrupt to its core but I want to know how Cummings, a man who worked for a Russian "airline" for three years that had no planes and made no flights got security clearance to be as highly placed as he was.

Banana Monarchy.

Lencoboy
28-05-21, 08:16
With regards Bozzer's alleged remark about rather seeing dead bodies piled high instead of another lockdown last autumn, the amount of 'whataboutery' on other forums concerning Labour in particular is absolutely astounding.

Typical remarks include 'what about Blair and the second Iraq war', 'what about Brown and the Global Financial Crisis', 'what about Corbyn and the anti-Semitism scandal', 'what about them pesky foreigners who keep coming here willy-nilly', etc.

What the hell has these 'past' issues got to do with this pandemic right now?

Pamplemousse
28-05-21, 08:18
Deflection/"dead cat"/whataboutery.

Lencoboy
28-05-21, 08:22
Deflection/"dead cat"/whataboutery.

Yeah, you're dead right, PM.

Lencoboy
04-06-21, 17:17
All this saga from last week, as predicted, seems to be water under the bridge, as it's now completely vanished from the headlines!

AntsyVee
08-06-21, 05:12
Not here! I just saw the video on the news that you all were talking about on our Sunday night news. After having Trump for four years, I understand your embarrassment and anger.

Lencoboy
08-06-21, 09:59
Not here! I just saw the video on the news that you all were talking about on our Sunday night news. After having Trump for four years, I understand your embarrassment and anger.

Well our domestic media still aren't discussing it. Right now it's all about UK holidaymakers getting indignant about the new restrictions upon returning from Portugal.

Whilst I can understand people's frustration at sudden inconveniences and extra costs involved, it does very much to me smack of self-righteousness amongst those doing the moaning and groaning, as the authorities are apparently only acting in the best of interests of everyone by erring on the side of caution.

AntsyVee
08-06-21, 16:57
Whilst I can understand people's frustration at sudden inconveniences and extra costs involved, it does very much to me smack of self-righteousness amongst those doing the moaning and groaning, as the authorities are apparently only acting in the best of interests of everyone by erring on the side of caution.

Yep...I feel our government in CA has been negeotiating this the whole time. For the most part it's gone well, but people will always complain, and certain factions will never be happy. Our governor is facing a recall over all of this.

Pamplemousse
08-06-21, 20:14
Yep...I feel our government in CA has been negeotiating this the whole time. For the most part it's gone well, but people will always complain, and certain factions will never be happy. Our governor is facing a recall over all of this.

Never mind Vee, now you've had that 30+ year old ban on assault weapons overturned folk can shoot the moaners very dead indeed.

AntsyVee
08-06-21, 20:57
Never mind Vee, now you've had that 30+ year old ban on assault weapons overturned folk can shoot the moaners very dead indeed.

Don't even get me started on that...so sad. We've already had an uptick in shootings and mass shooting here in the past couple of months, especially on the freeways. This just adds gasoline to the fire.

Lencoboy
08-06-21, 21:50
Don't even get me started on that...so sad. We've already had an uptick in shootings and mass shooting here in the past couple of months, especially on the freeways. This just adds gasoline to the fire.

Sounds very backward to me.

Reminds me of the thought of caning being reinstated in UK schools, which David Scammeron was contemplating 10 years ago soon after the English city riots in the August.