PDA

View Full Version : Top of head pressure headache

RVP
25-05-20, 21:53
Hi all,

Some of you may have read my previous posts about labrynthitus and dizziness that I have been suffering with for almost a month now. This is getting 10x better and I only really get spells of dizziness once or twice a week, mainly at night.

Now I have been dealing with headaches, first one was on Friday, which felt more like a Migraine, water eye and couldn't even look at a computer screen and pressure on the top of my head. Saturday and Sunday were fine, then today I started off great, did some exercise around lunchtime and then about 2-3pm I started to get pressure on the top of my head and back of my head, which has lasted all day and is still there. Now obviously I am adding this with my dizziness and I'm thinking I have some sort of brain tumour or something seriously wrong in my head to cause these two issues. I don't normally suffer from headaches and when I do they aren't close apart and nor do they last the whole day.

Generally I have been feeling great, my anxiety is a lot better and I have been spending more time with the family rather than on my own.

RVP
27-05-20, 12:12
So last night I checked my blood pressure.. what a big mistake. It was 151/98 and my heart rate was 65. This made me panic so much that I stupidly kept taking my BP and it kept going up and up and before you knew it I was outside trying to catch my breath and having a full blown panic attack.
Now everything is on my mind, I think the headaches are hypertension headaches! (most likely not) but it best fit the scenario that happened last night.

My BP is generally very controlled, I checked it on the 21st of may and it was 115/83 so I really don't know. I have been stressing about my headache for the past 3-5 days..could it be that? and it's just a tension headache, or something more serious like a hypertension headache.

RVP
28-05-20, 11:03
Hi everyone, recently my health anxiety has been high! and the main reason for this was most likely down to the coronavirus > chest pain > dizziness from labrynthitus > migraine > and now tension type headache.

My headache has been constant for 3-4 days now and it just feels like there's a weight on top of my head and randomly I'll get the odd stabbing pain in my temples or back/side of head.

Now I keep thinking that it's a brain tumour or something bad as I had labrynthitus which is slowly getting better but it's not 100% after 6 weeks.

From other posts headaches are very common sign of anxiety and tension, so what can I do to reduce this? I take paracetamol everyday but in all honesty, it doesn't really do anything.

Any help will be much appreciated.

RVP
28-05-20, 21:33
Has anyone had this? It's really bugging the hell out of me and I'm resisting the urge to ring my Dr if it just sounds like a tension headache

Aimee1875
28-05-20, 23:00
I’ve honestly been having something similar. Like a weight around my head for the past few days with random stabbing pains. I’m definitely thinking it’s anxiety as I’ve been really stressed over the past few days with health anxiety and if you’ve been having a stressful time too then it’s likely that. I haven’t found much to relieve mine either other than because it’s been very hot here,I’ve put a cold towel on my head and it helped a lot!

RVP
29-05-20, 18:30
I’ve honestly been having something similar. Like a weight around my head for the past few days with random stabbing pains. I’m definitely thinking it’s anxiety as I’ve been really stressed over the past few days with health anxiety and if you’ve been having a stressful time too then it’s likely that. I haven’t found much to relieve mine either other than because it’s been very hot here,I’ve put a cold towel on my head and it helped a lot!

Thank you.. I tried your trick and although it definitely helped with the heat, it didn't shift the headache. I'm just trying to keep myself stress free by keeping occupied doing other stuff and hopefully in a weeks time the headache will go! If not I guess it'll be a phone call to the Drs! which I really don't want to do, because they'll want to see me in the office as I've been dizzy for the last 6 weeks as well for Labrynthitus (suspected viral ear infection) this has however gotten 99.9% better.

Pearly queen
31-05-20, 16:11
I can't advise but know exactly how you feel. I had elevated bp a month or more ago. Dr did a 24hr monitor to see if my dose needed altered. It came back ok although I have a tendency for it to rise. Now every time I check it at home it goes way up because I can't seem to stay calm enough to check it. I have the head pain you describe and also like a band around my head. I have to get it rechecked in a months time. Stress raises my bp and I know causes the headache because I was feeling fine until I checked it.

Pearly queen
31-05-20, 16:14
By the way A&E only consider bp over 200 an emergency if that helps you worry less. But get gp to check you out anyway.

RVP
31-05-20, 18:08
Didn't want to start a new thread of headaches but wanted to ask the question:

How long have your tension headaches lasted?

Mine have been 99% constant for a week now, they generally seem to get worse as the day goes on and can sometimes ease off if I lie down.

RVP
31-05-20, 19:57
By the way A&E only consider bp over 200 an emergency if that helps you worry less. But get gp to check you out anyway.

Thanks.. I obviously googled when I shouldn't have and it did say for a hypertension headache to come on it's got to be quite severe, and I guess at that stage you'd be quite ill anyways.

I still have this headache. I am going to give my GP a call tomorrow and hopefully they can provide some assurance

venusbluejeans
01-06-20, 00:07
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Scass
01-06-20, 09:03
I had a similar headache a couple of weeks ago for about 3 days. It culminated in the first panic attack I’ve had for years. Once it was over and I realised what had happened I haven’t had one since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVP
07-06-20, 17:42
So it's been 3 weeks now since the start of my headache and the symptoms have not eased, the pressure is still on top of my head and I get occasional pressure at the back and side of my head, which then starts to feel bubbly. I don't have any vision symptoms. (which I guess is good)
I've started to get neck tension when moving my neck all the way to the side it hurts and sometimes in certain positions the pain in my neck/shoulder is so bad that I have to get up and move around.
I've also been getting my wife to massage my shoulders and neck to try and ease the tension and sometimes it seems to actually help my headache, but of course me being me I start to think it's all in my head and as soon as you start to think the pressure gets worse and worse.
I wake up every morning with a panic attack, my body is shaking and my heart rate is racing

Yesterday was my birthday and my wife made it super special for me, but for me it is one of my worst anxiety days.. I was so down and depressed. I had woken up with a headache and of course reading brain tumor rubbish online that was one of the symptoms and that just triggered my anxiety for the whole day.

I have an eye test tomorrow and I'm hoping that's the re-assurance I need that it's not a brain tumor, but I can't stop thinking "what if they say this or that".
My life is such a mess right now, I'm depressed and I feel like I'm letting my wife down by being a shitty Husband. I try and be as normal as possible for her, but I'm also alone during the day a lot (as she's a nurse so goes to work) so I have time to think about anxiety and everything going on.
I am working from home, but work stress doesn't help and in my spare time I'll play computer games to keep my mind busy.

Hijikata
08-06-20, 03:10
https://haydeneatstheworld.com/hiccups/ - chapter 2: headaches

Trust me, read the chapter or not, you do not have anything serious going on. I have had every headache under the sun, I've had them for weeks at a time, I've had very embarrassing headaches - which you can find out about if you choose to read it - it's quite funny. But moral of the story is that serious causes of headaches are very rare, not very subtle, and most importantly, not what are causing yours!

Stay calm friends

carriewriting
08-06-20, 05:33
Hijikata you are a great writer. Your headache chapter made me laugh and eased some of my fears about my MRI next week. Thank you.

Hijikata
08-06-20, 06:41
Hijikata you are a great writer. Your headache chapter made me laugh and eased some of my fears about my MRI next week. Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words Carrie, a fellow writer?

And I'm glad it made you laugh, I'm trying to make it as humourous as possible, which isn't hard lol.

Your MRI will be fine, I guarantee you.

After years and every kind of headache I've just learned that some days I am going to be a write off and the only thing I worry about is when the pain will stop lol

Feel better soon friend :)

RVP
09-06-20, 21:35
https://haydeneatstheworld.com/hiccups/ - chapter 2: headaches

Trust me, read the chapter or not, you do not have anything serious going on. I have had every headache under the sun, I've had them for weeks at a time, I've had very embarrassing headaches - which you can find out about if you choose to read it - it's quite funny. But moral of the story is that serious causes of headaches are very rare, not very subtle, and most importantly, not what are causing yours!

Stay calm friends

Thank you.. I read chapter 2 and it was very funny, but also very informative.

My eye test came out completely fine, other than I have a slight stigma, so I've got to wear glasses when I am concentrating, TV, PC etc.

I guess from you extract I can take that the size of the brain tumour will increase the intracranial pressure, thus resulting in the headaches. So if I had pressure in my head, that would also be apparent in my eye test as they did a complete scan of the back and front of my eyes. (They couldn't do pressure test due to Covid but the optician assured me if there was any pressure in the eye it would also be picked up in the eye scan).

So I guess from that I can put this brain tumour anxiety to rest at least and bring it down to tension!

Thanks!