PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Spinal Tumor back !!!! Help

Dragi316
02-01-20, 01:15
For the past week I've had a bad stabbing ache in the middle of my back only when laying on my left side on the couch and moving to get out of that position causes a shooting pain through my mid back. I can recreate the pain when twisting my torso . Theres no pain if I'm not moving or lying on my right side. But as usual my Hypochondria kicks in and I instantly start thinking its referred pain from some kind of Cancer like Pancreatic or Lung or even a spinal tumor. I'm freaking out can somebody help please. I am a 36 year old Male

ankietyjoe
02-01-20, 10:07
You're freaking out about an obvious (like...reeeeally obvious) cause of the pain.

Only you can change that thought pattern.

Choose to accept the obvious. Spend less time laying down, and do some exercise. I bet it'll help.

utrocket09
02-01-20, 10:34
For the past week I've had a bad stabbing ache in the middle of my back only when laying on my left side on the couch and moving to get out of that position causes a shooting pain through my mid back. I can recreate the pain when twisting my torso . Theres no pain if I'm not moving or lying on my right side. But as usual my Hypochondria kicks in and I instantly start thinking its referred pain from some kind of Cancer like Pancreatic or Lung or even a spinal tumor. I'm freaking out can somebody help please. I am a 36 year old Male

Sounds like you hurt your back, time to take it easy.

Siffi
06-01-20, 23:38
Sounds like a muscle spasm. Pain caused by a tumour does not go away and is usually not affected by movement. It might be the way you're laying down.

Dragi316
12-01-20, 19:58
Im a 36 year old male .So for the past month now I have been dealing with Upper Back pain around my shoulder blades and right under them. It is a sharp stiff pain whenever I twist my torso or when I'm lying on my left side. I can recreate the pain and if I'm not moving I'm fine. But stupid me I googled and have gone down the Rabbit hole of fear convincing myself I have a tumor pressing on my spine. I'm a nervous wreck right now not to mention im moving from my child hood home and last week my Fiance left me. I feel as low as can be right now . Please help

BlueIris
12-01-20, 20:06
Sorry you're having a rough time, but I promise, your beliefs are utterly irrational.

ankietyjoe
12-01-20, 20:14
Jumping from back pain to tumour is frankly ridiculous. The power of Google.

Kitkat99
12-01-20, 20:17
Just sounds like normal back pain from muscle tension/over use to me. Likely just pulled something or it’s from stress.

Also my mum worked with someone who had a spinal tumour. Won’t say what it was like for her but it was nothing like you are describing.

Dragi316
12-01-20, 20:21
Thanks Guys for the words I really appreciate it.

Siffi
12-01-20, 20:30
I twist my torso or when I'm lying on my left side. I can recreate the pain and if I'm not moving I'm fine.
Sounds like tight muscles, a tumour would be constant and no resting position will help it. My dad had an abscess on his spine and he was so unwell he could barely walk and was in so much, constant pain.

NancyW
12-01-20, 20:56
stupid me I googled

👍

RadioGaGa
12-01-20, 22:37
primary spinal tumours (tumours that arise in the spine) are VERY rare. You've more chance of being struck by lightning whilst reading this reply

good luck

Dragi316
29-01-20, 20:04
Well I'm going 2 months on now with this middle upper back pain. It's mostly postional if I'm leaning or twisting to the left I get a deep stabbing ache across the back of my ribs. And if I stretch or try to squeeze my shoulder blades together I get the pain also. If I'm sitting still or lying down especially on my right side I feel fine. I guess I'm freaking out because it's been going on for 2 months now and am scared its something Sinister causing it . Because if it was sore muscles or a torn ligament wouldn't it get better by now?

Hopefulmi
29-01-20, 21:09
When I had costochondritis my upper back pain last forever! The more I stressed about it, the worse it was. It is probably postural and if it’s mainly positional that seems reassuring. Feel better!

Adam1987
29-01-20, 21:35
It sounds postural. I sit at a desk all day and have neck and back problems. Not sure what you do for a living? Even using phone too much can cause neck ane upper back issues.

PanickyGuy
29-01-20, 22:49
Well if it only happens when you move in certain positions I doubt it's something sinister. Usually that is the symptom of some kind of musculoskeletal disorder.

Dragi316
29-01-20, 23:42
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am a Uber Driver and spend about 12 hours a day behind the wheel

nomorepanic
29-01-20, 23:48
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am a Uber Driver and spend about 12 hours a day behind the wheel

That's your problem right there lol

WiseMonkey
30-01-20, 01:47
Well if it only happens when you move in certain positions I doubt it's something sinister. Usually that is the symptom of some kind of musculoskeletal disorder.

This is always a very good measure of pain :)

ankietyjoe
30-01-20, 08:13
If you sit down 12 hours a day, it will last forever.

You need to see an osteopath and get yourself out of the seat every hour or so and do some stretches.

PanickyGuy
30-01-20, 21:56
This is always a very good measure of pain :)

:D Indeed. I learned that from a ER doctor years ago while in the ER at the beginning of my panic attack disorder. It was a big help with my PD and I always have that little medical fact in the back of my mind. It kept me from making too many trips to the ER. Lol.

Dragi316
26-05-20, 17:56
So about 6 months ago I was getting some middle back pain and convinced myself I had a spinal tumor. Thankfully it went away after a few weeks. Fast forward to 5 days ago I noticed a deep pain in the middle of my back that stretches across it whenever I move to get up or if I twist or have to tie my shoes or carry something. It's really painful and feels like something is out of place. But I don't remember hurting it. Stupid me I Dr Googled and it came up I might have a compression Fracture from a tumor compressing my spine. Now I'm in anxiety overload convinced I have a tumor there . Please Help this fear is horrible

Yourboymj99
26-05-20, 18:29
What's up Dragi.

Your anxiety is really swinging for the fences here. Sounds like normal back pain. Maybe a strained muscle or perhaps a disc. You dont mention your age, but arthritis could also be a cause. In any case, I'd put the spinal tumor fear to bed as that's not likely here. Take care.

Dragi316
26-05-20, 18:45
What's up Dragi.

Your anxiety is really swinging for the fences here. Sounds like normal back pain. Maybe a strained muscle or perhaps a disc. You dont mention your age, but arthritis could also be a cause. In any case, I'd put the spinal tumor fear to bed as that's not likely here. Take care.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm 36 I'm also 6 foot 6 and 300 pounds I know that can make these things worse but yea my anxiety is a real mess right now

Elen
27-05-20, 13:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen