PDA

View Full Version : Hello im New

elwoodlpool
21-10-07, 14:25
Hi all my name is Mark im 28 and at the moment i suffer with depression. And im not sure if i suffer with anxiety or not but i have had for the last three years like a discomfort i get in between my shoulder blades and like a lump in my throat sometimes its like all my food sticks in my throat and also stiff neck.

I convince myself i have lung cancer of throat cancer. ive been to the g.p several times and get told its stress it comes and goes. I also experiance getting really hot and sweaty in bed and just latley my sleep pattern is terrible. Last night i woke up several times and had like a clicking in my neck and wrists so then i started thinking i had bone cancer,then athritis and then lukemia. I do stress a lot about money and my mum who has Alzheimers and it stressed me out like mad. I think to myself how did i get like this.

You may all not believe this but for a living in im a band that currently tours all the U.k theatres and travels round the world when im on stage i seem fine soon as i hit reality again all these problems start as i type this im convinced i have cancer or something worse and im gonna miss my 2 year old twin girls growing up.

God i feel a mess.

Glad i found this forum

Mark

honeybee3939
21-10-07, 20:43
Hi Mark

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:) sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten at the moment, take a good look around the site, im sure there will lots of help and advice there too.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

pinkpenny1uk
21-10-07, 22:46
hi mark,
welcome to nmp. i have found this site a god send. hopefully you will get plenty of advice from the wonderful people on here.

take care
pen xxx

Janieb
22-10-07, 08:43
Hi Mark and welcome :)
I can relate to how you feel, because If something feels slightly off I convince myself I have cancer, and that I will drop down dead any second.

Hope you find help and support here, I know it's been a life saver for me!

Take care,
Jane

bearcrazy
22-10-07, 10:20
:hugs:

Hi Mark,

Welcome to NMP! I have depression and anxiety and have had the whole lump in the throat/throat cancer thing. Now I have come to terms with my condition that symptom has disappeared! You will get lots of support here from people who can really empathise with you! You'll be surprised at how many people have similar problems.
Wishing you all the best,
TC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

nanny
22-10-07, 10:25
Hi Mark:welcome:

sounds like anxiety to me:blush: but like all the others have said, you have come to the right place.

There are lots of friendly helpful supportive people on here and we all try to help each other.

once again................. welcome:)

Elly 2
22-10-07, 14:05
Hi Mark, welcome to NMP, just a thought that waking up in the night sweating could be an overactive thyroid gland, it's absolutely NOTHING to worry about and a quick blood test at the docs would determine this. If it was thyroid they would give you tablets to take which would sort it out. Wow in a band that's touring the country, I bet that's great fun, good luck with the tour. Take care, Elly

elwoodlpool
22-10-07, 16:18
Well thank you all for the comments i at the moment have been really torturing myself the lump in the throat has now also been accompanied by a feeling of being sort of stabbed through the chest right through to my back like a discomfort between my shoulder blades. As another thing ive been doing is worrying about my financial situation as well as alot of other things and i feel like i cant hold it all together. As well as touring the U.k we go abroad too this year is Poland and Norway you may all think wow but at the moment i feel worthless and all i feel fit for me is death. My birthday is on Sunday and all i can think about is how i wont get a card from my mum who is now in a home suffering with Alzheimers at the age of 52. God my life's a bloody mess were do i start to fix it.

Mark

nomorepanic
22-10-07, 21:06
Moving to intros forum for you Mark

Elly 2
23-10-07, 15:56
Mark, you're life isn't a mess. Take it one day at a time, don't worry about not getting a card from your mum, you know she's not well and that can't be helped so why worry about the card. You are definitely NOT worthless, you are giving pleasure to loads of people with your music, and that's something to take pride in. A big happy birthday to you, loads of hugs, enjoy the tour abroad and take pleasure in knowing you are pleasing a lot of people.
xx

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:30
Hi Mark,

Welcome to NMP. Wow I couldn't imagine getting in front of people like you do in a band, congratulations for being able to do that. Many here do feel like you do regarding the other feelings and you will find support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
23-10-07, 21:13
Hi Mark and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I get that throat feeling too even if there isn't something I'm specifically anxious about so you're not alone.

Take care,

Mike :)