PDA

View Full Version : Cerazette

Brizzle
28-05-20, 09:52
I've started a new thread as the other was too long and no one was answering.
I had a couple of missed periods in Aug/ Sept 2018.
Odd discharge 10 days before period Jan/Feb 2019.
Have had bleeding in March/April. Starts 12 days before period.
Had transvaginal scan in April, 10mm thickness, no fluid, ovaries grossly normal, womb lining same thickness and consistency all over, womb lining looks healthy. No fibroids/polyps. No obvious cause for bleeding or other.
I am convinced I have womb cancer, since my missed periods.
Sonographer not worried, 3 GPs not worried. Said after this time, something would have shown up. Blood tests normal, including menopause test.
I have been put on Cerazette for irregular bleeding, I have had no bleeding since I started the tablet earlier this month. Doctor thinks hormones and perimenopause. She discussed it with colleagues and thinks I need a very mild tablet to help with progesterone.
I feel better as well. Night sweats better, sleeping better with quite vivid dreams, joint ache better, libido slowly returning, insane anxiety calmed down. I've had these symptoms since my missed periods.
I have a slight watery discharge at the moment, which is a new worry.
Is it good the bleeding has stopped pretty much straight away?
Really losing the will to get up in the morning. Thank you.
I've also developed a cough and convinced it metastatic cancer in lungs.

SnowyGreen
29-05-20, 07:53
When I had my transvaginal scan, you could tell I had something going on there, my womb lining was 22mm.

Brizzle
29-05-20, 08:18
I'm not sure if it's good that the bleeding has stopped, even though the doctor said that the tablet would do that. She said she thought I needed the progesterone.

Brizzle
05-06-20, 02:43
I've just had a spot of blood on the toilet roll after over a month of no bleeding. Absolutely horrified. I'm in bed crying my eyes out. I'm so bloody sick of this. This stupid pill has been ok up to now.

SnowyGreen
05-06-20, 05:46
Why are you crying over a spot of blood? You could be perimenopausal? I think you're around 42 years old? That's when all sorts of different shit happens to your periods. You have been checked recently in April with a TV scan? That scan is pretty precise, and no one found anything and all the doctors say you are fine.
If something was wrong, they would have seen it by now.

Brizzle
09-06-20, 20:56
After the scan in April, I was so worried, the doctor emailed gynaecology at the local hospital to try and give me peace of mind. They didnt reply for ages.
I had a text message from the doctor, tonight asking me to make a routine phone appt. This is to discuss alternative suggestions made by gynaecology, neither of which need to be done urgently.
This hopefully means they dont think I've got cancer? Worried sick about that now.
The bleed I had the other day went away almost immediately and nothing since.
Feel like I'm going mad with worry.

SnowyGreen
10-06-20, 05:02
Good luck with your appointment

Brizzle
10-06-20, 06:47
I'm assuming the fact I have to book a routine appt and the gynae suggestions are non urgent, show that there is nothing too much to worry about?

Brizzle
10-06-20, 13:46
Spoke to doctor about gynae suggestions.
He said I will not be happy until I have definite proof I dont have cancer. So suggested a TV scan , with biopsy if necessary.
Wasnt particularly concerned about my bleeding. Said womb lining was slightly thick at 10mm, I thought that was fine?
Doctor said the fact my bleeding had stopped on the pill was a good sign, cancer wouldn't stop bleeding.
Absolutely distraught. I'm convinced I've missed something.
I had 2 missed periods in 2018 and then one wipe of slightly darker mucus at ovulation Jan/Feb last year. I never went to the doctor because they went away. I've always had slightly dodgy bits and loads of stuff that's come and gone with my cycle. Now I think that was the start of cancer and I'm riddled with it.
Also I've been fat for years, no diabetes, which can contribute.
I actually hate myself for not losing weight, I'm a crap mum.
I'm crying and crying. I'm so fed up and scared

SnowyGreen
11-06-20, 05:52
I would have had uterine cancer for at least 2 years, going by the symptoms I had, which were different to yours. Even when I was diagnosed, my surgery was 5 months later, and the gyn onc said it is such a slow growing cancer and they had more urgent cases to attend to... and even after having it for that long, it was only stage 1A, so I doubt you are riddled with it.

Going by everything you have said, and based on your symptoms, you have nothing to worry about.

Brizzle
28-06-20, 12:33
Still bleeding, day 11 now. Flow does not show on a pad, sometimes when I wipe, flow has stayed the same. I didn't take my Cerazette last night. Bleeding stopped for 10 hours last night and has now come back. Really cant cope with this. How can this not be sinister. Absolutely despairing.

Brizzle
29-06-20, 15:01
Phoned doctor she said not to worry about the bleeding,she didn't think it was anything serious. Really worried, upset. Cant believe this is happening. WTF am I bleeding.

BlueIris
29-06-20, 15:12
Brizzle, we're the same age (ish) and about a year and a half ago I started getting occasional spotting. Sometimes I'd spot after my period, sometimes for a few days mid-cycle. It took me ages to mention this to my GP, and she was utterly unconcerned. We're at the age where our bodies do weird stuff. My friend is only a little older than me and she had a 2-week period a while back, and her doctor wasn't bothered.

Brizzle
29-06-20, 16:33
Thank you. Terrified it wont stop. Terrified its womb cancer, but keep trying to tell myself I had a normal scan. My periods have been longer, shorter, cycle has been longer and shorter, lighter, clotty, I bleed at ovulation for a couple of hours. It's horrible. Keep thinking my womb lining must be massive and cancerous. It's very distressing.

BlueIris
29-06-20, 17:16
Been there, done that, made the conscious decision not to worry about it. It took me antidepressants to be able to achieve it, but these days I'm a lot more chill and let it do its own thing.

I know it's tough, but we're both going to be stuck with it for the foreseeable, so training yourself not to be bothered is very much the way to go.

Brizzle
29-06-20, 18:00
I haven't had a biopsy or anything, just a scan. Should I take comfort in the fact it's normal.?

SnowyGreen
01-07-20, 04:37
I haven't had a biopsy or anything, just a scan. Should I take comfort in the fact it's normal.?

Absolutely. If it was womb cancer, it would have showed up on the scan, no doubt about it.

Brizzle
01-07-20, 10:31
I've been bleeding for 2 weeks now, lightly. How can this not be cancer, how can this be hormones? Is this perimenopause? My blood tests came back normal. Has anyone else had this? Maybe my womb has got really thick? I've been watching reruns of Murder She Wrote on repeat to help me cope!!! I've got an 11 yr old son and terrified this time next year I will be dead or dying.

Brizzle
01-07-20, 10:32
Thanks for everyone's replies, appreciate it, really.

SnowyGreen
02-07-20, 04:54
You've had a scan that was clear, that would show endometrial thickness, but you didn't have that, so you can rule out womb cancer. Have you also had a smear?

Brizzle
02-07-20, 17:56
My last smear was Sept 2018, so not allowed another one. If the progesterone pill isn't working, then the only thing that can be causing the bleeding is cancer. Its driving me mad. I'm still bleeding lightly today, it's never going to stop, it has to be something sinister.

Brizzle
06-07-20, 01:31
Still bloody bleeding, almost 3 weeks now.

Brizzle
07-07-20, 12:48
Phoned doctors again, was told the usual stuff. My scan is fine, numerous doctors not worried. To monitor the situation. My bleeding is getting more watery and redder, not soaking into pads yet, but expect that soon. Doctor says this bleeding is normal at my age. Why is the bleeding getting redder and more watery. Absolutely sick of this.

Brizzle
07-07-20, 14:47
Now its started soaking into a sanitary towel, in the last 2 hours, only a bit. How can this be normal, all they keep saying is the scan was ok. That was in April, stuff could have changed by then. I must have a nasty womb lining, because I'm bleeding. The doctors are sick of me phoning up. I'm coming of Cerazette as I'm sick of it. The bleedings getting worse slowly.

SnowyGreen
08-07-20, 06:00
I had a lot of watery discharge in the end, sometimes pink tinged, but always a watery consistency.

Brizzle
08-07-20, 11:30
Mines not a discharge its bleeding, like a period. I mean the blood is more runny. It's been thick and mucousy for the last couple of weeks. Do you think that's bad?I had a clot yesterday. Do you think my symptoms sound like yours? I cant understand why the doctors are not more worried, when I've been bleeding for 3 weeks. Surely that means something's wrong? They seem to put so much faith in the scan, but that was just over 2 months ago. I can wear a tampon and not soak through it.

Brizzle
09-07-20, 08:29
It's like a proper period now, what the hell do I do? How can this not be sinister? I'm going to stop taking Cerazette and see if that helps.

Brizzle
09-07-20, 16:39
Just had a huge clot come out and I bled through a medium tampon onto a pad in 3 hrs. Bloody terrified. I had gone 6 weeks between periods before this started. My periods were all over the place. Maybe it's a lengthy period, but its 3 weeks of bleeding today.